Fanboy Expo Tampa

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

yodakiller

Fanboy Expo Tampa

Post by yodakiller »

Adam West and Burt Ward will be at the Fanboy Expo Tampa August 3-4. 2013. I'm going with my Adam West Batman costume. Who else is going?
Space Ghost

Re: Fanboy Expo Tampa

Post by Space Ghost »

http://fanboyexpo.com/tampa/

Looks like a great line up so far. If I'm not already booked for some other event, I will be there also.
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

What am I talking about? Adam West & Burt Ward in my backyard!!!
This is too Bat Cool!!!! :P
yodakiller

Post by yodakiller »

Well, I look forward to meeting you and any other members that may be there. :)
Gotham Knight

Post by Gotham Knight »

Well my wife laid down the law and said I have to go. She said this is a once in a lifetime chance to meet my boyhood heros so who am I to argue. I mean she is the boss. Booked my room today. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

P.S. Is it normal to feel like a kid at Christmas? LOL
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

Gotham Knight wrote:Well my wife laid down the law and said I have to go. She said this is a once in a lifetime chance to meet my boyhood heros so who am I to argue. I mean she is the boss.

Boy is she Hard on you!!!! What punishment!! Hope to meet you there!
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

I'm hoping Adam will feel better from his injury and make it to Tampa.
Jim
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

So far Adam West is still a Go for this one. It's still a ways out so keep your Bat fingers crossed!
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

Bought my tickets for my wife and I and were going to stay Saturday night at the Hyatt. How cool is my wife that the Saturday before is our 34th wedding anniversary and were going to fanboy!! Don't know if I'll have my costume completed in time but it will still be loads of fun. I really hope Adam can make it. My wife now tells me she wants a Poison Ivy costume....guess ill be working on both.

Hopefully I will get to meet several of you all in person.
Jim Moore
yodakiller

Post by yodakiller »

Things are looking up. Adam made it to the Niagarafalls comic con today. He's suppossed to appear Sunday too. He might make it to Tampa after all if he can avoid injuring himself any further. :D ;)
yodakiller

Post by yodakiller »

BAD TIDINGS! The Fanboy Expo NOT Adam has cancelled the appearance of both Adam and Burt till next year because of health concerns in regards Adam's back. To say that I'm ticked off at the promotors is putting it mildly. Not sure if I'm going to go. :? :cry: :( :o
Dynamic Duo

Post by Dynamic Duo »

They list Adam's cancellation in small print on the very bottom of the Celebrity Guests page of the website even though the first page still shows the 1966 movie poster and Adam and Burt as Batman and Robin in a very prominent manner. Time to update their website, n'est pas?
"Atomic batteries to power...Turbines to speed...."
"Roger...ready to move out!"
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

Needless to say this was the main reason I was going. Need to start a email campaign to Fanboy...
Jim

CANCELLATIONS: Fanboy Expo has decided to postpone Adam and Burt’s appearance until 2014. It appears that Adam has now successfully attended one event this past weekend and he appears to be recovering nicely from his Fractured vertebrae. In light of this we still have concerns and felt it to be the best interest in the future of the Tampa Event to postpone his appearance until next year to follow his appearance in Knoxville (which he had to postpone due to his injury) allowing Tampa to grow and have the ample crowd that Adam and Burt deserve. Again being huge fans ourselves we are looking forward and feel honored to be working with our childhood heroes in 2014.
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

So, who's going this weekend? My wife and I had already purchased our tickets and room at the Hyatt. So we're still a go. Going to be very close on having my costume completed by Saturday. We are down to the snaps and the hemming on the cape.
Hope to meet many of you all in person.
Jim
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (84.21 KiB) Viewed 8664 times
Gotham Knight

Post by Gotham Knight »

I'll be there with my two sons. One more and I could've had a sitcom.