WB issues statement re: DVD/Blu-Ray fixes!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
LA Batfan

WB issues statement re: DVD/Blu-Ray fixes!

Post by LA Batfan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:41 pm

ADMIN UPDATE FOR EASE OF USE:
Here is the instructions for replacing your discs:
Scott Sebring wrote:Painfully easy if you READ.

Go here:
http://www.shipment-service.com/batman66/

Fill out your personal info.

THEN
As per their instructions:
Please provide your media type and the UPC code found on the back of the package. If you purchased via batmanondvd.com and/or don’t have a UPC, please enter your format “BD” or “DVD” in the UPC field so we know what discs will need to be replaced.
Don't get confused by the batmanondvd.com reference. This works even if you got it from a Best Buy like me and don't have the UPC handy. Just fill in "BD" or "DVD" instead of the UPC complete with quotes.

THEN
If you got the Limited Edition Blu Ray set, put in your edition number.

That's it. Whether you got it from Best Buy, Amazon, gift or what have you. If you have multiple copies, then you will need to repeat this process for each one.

I wanted to tell everybody all this stuff sooner, but, it simply wasn't my place to say

Now, I can officially pass along the info from Warner Bros. Home Entertanment ...

Re: the DVD and Blu-Ray, all will be fixed ... The missing scene from the "Marsha" ep., the Dozier narration from the pilot ep., the missing "villain teasers" and, in addition, two very cool "lost promos" from Season Two are being added, as well!

I can tell you from working with these great folks, that the gang at WBHE has strived so hard to make all of us Bat-fans happy, and I hope this news pleases even the toughest ones! (You know who you are ... LOL)

The official WBHE press release is below. Enjoy!

# # #

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) will provide fans with replacement discs and digital repairs to the few minor technical issues identified in its recent release of Batman: The Complete Television Series.

Amounting to less than five minutes of footage within the 50-plus hours of entertainment, the issues encompass one 60-second dropped scene in the episode entitled “Marsha’s Scheme of Diamonds”; a brief piece of rarely-heard William Dozier narration that originally opened the pilot episode, “Hi Diddle Riddle”; and an assembly of villain tags from the end of assorted episodes.

“The restoration process of this footage – spanning 48 years and two major studios – has been a super heroic task, and we deeply regret even the smallest of glitches occurring in that process,” said Rosemary Markson, Senior Vice President, TV Brand Management & Retail Marketing, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. “We recognize our obligation to the fans of this landmark series, and we have worked diligently to identify all issues and provide resolutions as quickly as possible.”

To resolve these issues for consumers purchasing Batman: The Complete Television Series, WBHE will make available complete replacement discs for the discs that originally included the episodes “Marsha’s Scheme of Diamonds” and “Hi Diddle Riddle.” The villain tags will be re-issued as an assembled string on one of the aforementioned discs and, as an added bonus, WBHE has acquired rights and legal clearances to both a Bat-vehicle teaser that originally aired as part of the second season-opening “Shoot A Crooked Arrow” episode, and one of the original promotional tags that aired on the original showing of the “The Duo Defy” episode. Additionally, all fixes will be made to all Digital HD versions of Batman: The Complete Television Series.

To obtain the replacement discs, consumers who have purchased Batman: The Complete Television Series are directed to http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.

Worldwide demand for the Limited Edition box set of Batman: The Complete Television Series has been tremendous, resulting in widespread retailer sellouts and rapidly dwindling inventories heading into the holiday season. To fulfill consumer interest, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced a new streamlined Blu-ray™ box set that includes all 120 episodes and matching enhanced content from the limited edition set, but without the added premium items or Digital HD copy. Purchasers of this set will also need to utilize the customer service website to obtain replacement discs.

BrianPGH

Re: WB issues statement re: DVD/Blu-Ray fixes!

Post by BrianPGH » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:53 pm

Great news! Thank you for sharing that with us. The two new bonus clips sound like fun. I also like that the villain tags will be combined.

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Thanks Ralph!
ImageImage

clavierankh

Post by clavierankh » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:53 pm

It sounds like WB is going above and beyond on this one.

I was disappointed that the vehicle promo wasn't at the end of Shoot A Crooked Arrow. I remember when it was originally aired. As to the promo from the end off The Duo Defy. That was the last episode of season 2 and when it aired(I think the second tie)at the end instead of a "next Week Batman Battles..." promo they promod the debut of the third season and Batgirl. The set I have been watching has a promo for a repeat of the pilot after The Duo Defy.

If you want to be technical the Purr-fect Crime isn't as originally aired. If it was as I remember it, it would be interrupted several times with news bulletins about an in flight emergency that forced the early re-entry of Gemini VIII. :D It's probably better this way.

BatMite

Post by BatMite » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:42 pm

I filled out the form on the Warner's website so I assume we all now need to wait for an individual response rather than a mass/collective direction for all? Not complaining one bit--I applaud Warner's-- just making sure I've got things correctly covered...

rajung

Post by rajung » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:54 pm

Did the same here,kind of vague on the info requested but I did include amazon order number.
I am sure after they receive the request's they will want more detail on order placed.
I am not too worried about all this though,if they correct it great, if not, not going to sweat it.
This worries me more
Go Big D
images.jpg
images.jpg (10.02 KiB) Viewed 12602 times

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Thanks Ralph! I can see how it would be cool to have the next week villain teasers all on one disc, but I think I would rather have them attached to the episodes where they belong.

John
Music. BAT! Music.

BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 pm

I requested the corrected discs on the customer service website also.

The teasers will seem weird out of context and not attached to the actual episodes. But having corrected versions of the pilot and the Marsha episode will be the gain from this. Glad the company is going to this effort!
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."

epaddon

Post by epaddon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Realistically it would have required redoing the entire S1 and S2 sets and replacing almost every disc in both sets to do that. The expense that would have been involved for something like that just wouldn't have struck me as worth the effort. They've chosen the approach where only two discs in two seasons have to be replaced and I think that's the best way to go.

Bat Username

Post by Bat Username » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:37 am

This is really great to hear- especially the fact that we're getting a few extra bonuses! It would be nice to have all the teasers restored to their respective episodes, but I was actually dreading having to return that many discs. :)

riddler123

Post by riddler123 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:11 am

agreed, I'm just glad for the replacement Marsha scene. The bat vehcles promo is a bonus.

Can anyone tell me how many times these vechles actually appered.

I remember the Bat boat in Ice spy and the puzzler story (though I may be mis remembering it and it was Clock king). But I remember seeing the batcopter and bat cycle very rarely.

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:16 am

This is fantastic news, thanks for championing this cause Ralph.

chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:57 am

The Batboat shows up in "The Catwoman Goeth" taking our heroes to J. Pauline Spaghetti's private island for the final fight with Sandman.

alfredthebutler

Post by alfredthebutler » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:03 am

The Batboat also appears in the Archer episode "Walk the Straight and Narrow"

Bat Roy

Post by Bat Roy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:29 am

Thats awesome news hey Ralph do you know if us Aussie batman fans will get that as well cause we just got the dvd box set released here today and we are getting the blu ray released next week?