Joel Eisner Book

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
User avatar
AndyFish
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by AndyFish » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am

For a lot of us that '66 stuff is where it's really at, whether it was actor likeness or comic based it's the holy grail type of merchandise. If I had to choose, I'd grab my '66 Ideal Captain Action before I'd grab my Hot Toys figure (although since I listened to Wally and upgraded the suit on that one I'd probably come back in for it - ha!).

Remember those days of hunting down stuff in TOY SHOP? Grainy pictures, you'd send a check and then maybe three or four weeks later the item would finally show up and you could see if you scored a grail. Fun times.

Most of us will be long gone before any of this new stuff has the value of say the Ideal Utility Belt Mint in Box-- and I doubt even 4-5 generations away it'll reach those numbers because back then kids PLAYED with this stuff-- it wasn't 45 year old men buying up store stock and then packing it away in their basements.

I second the recommendation for Chip Kidd's book-- and if you can find it there is a great documentary out there called TOKYO TOY GUY which is a fun look at possibly the greatest Batman collection around.

Image

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:40 am

Thanks again, Andy for your thoughtful and informative reply to my question. Most appreciated, Citizen!

Per your recommendations I was able to snag a copy of Cinephantastique, Adam West Remembers mag and The Bat Fact Book - all at ridiculously low prices too. :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

Brand spankin' new copy arrived today.
Attachments
26841022_2088102821216399_8376063815709369528_o.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am

This video cracks me up!

https://youtu.be/WRVH_iFpMgM
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
Blue Meanie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Blue Meanie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm

Big Daddy K wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am
This video cracks me up!

https://youtu.be/WRVH_iFpMgM
I've got to find a copy of this book.
Image

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Blue Meanie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm
Big Daddy K wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am
This video cracks me up!

https://youtu.be/WRVH_iFpMgM
I've got to find a copy of this book.
Image
They're all over evilbay and Amazon.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ba ... +chip+kidd

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Collected ... 0823004651
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
Blue Meanie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Blue Meanie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 pm

Big Daddy K wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:21 pm
Blue Meanie wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm
Big Daddy K wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:45 am
This video cracks me up!

https://youtu.be/WRVH_iFpMgM
I've got to find a copy of this book.
Image
They're all over evilbay and Amazon.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ba ... +chip+kidd

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Collected ... 0823004651
Thanks. So is this the same book, just different covers? Or is one the hardback and one paperback?
Image

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am

There are several different covers out there, but THIS is the Holy Grail (I guess). Book not included.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Collect ... SwuIlaVq85
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Thanks go out to AndyFish for directing me towards this GREAT magazine. It's full of information you just don't find much of anywhere else. Thanks again, Andy!!!
Attachments
26730719_2093810543978960_3907544412572553311_n.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
AndyFish
Posts: 0
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:42 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by AndyFish » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Glad to help-- it's a great little magazine.
There is also ADAM WEST REMEMBERS, which is another magazine loaded with great stuff in it including a lot of behind the scenes info.

Image

If memory serves, this includes the last known official photograph of Adam in a Batman Cowl, orchestrated by our own Wally Wingert.

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 pm

I snagged that one too and it's sort of cool how it happened.............

I peruse Evilbay on a regular basis. Sometimes I look at auctions for items I already own, just to see if I got a good deal or not. Last week there was an auction for a ratty copy of the March 11 1966 Life magazine with the leaping Batman cover. I started to pass it by as I have a pristine copy, but something said "Take a look", so I did. Buried in the description was info that included in the auction was a Very Fine copy of Adam West Remembers. Snagged the action for 11 bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The mags are in the USPS system as we speak. :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
Jim K, Bat fan
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Jim K, Bat fan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Big Daddy K wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am
There are several different covers out there, but THIS is the Holy Grail (I guess). Book not included.
I'm not sure if you are joking - but I'm pretty sure the book IS included...

I never saw that version - not sure I would have paid the original $150, let alone the $850 resale price!

And if you are seeking out these older books, there is a Batmania II, also by James Van Hise.

User avatar
Big Daddy K
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:52 am

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Big Daddy K » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Jim K, Bat fan wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:31 pm
Big Daddy K wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:25 am
There are several different covers out there, but THIS is the Holy Grail (I guess). Book not included.
I'm not sure if you are joking - but I'm pretty sure the book IS included...

I never saw that version - not sure I would have paid the original $150, let alone the $850 resale price!

And if you are seeking out these older books, there is a Batmania II, also by James Van Hise.
Someone who has Batmania I and II said the second book was the same as the first, but with added information on the Keaton films.
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11

User avatar
Blue Meanie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Re: Joel Eisner Book

Post by Blue Meanie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Just picked up Batman Collected (red cover) by Chip Kidd still sealed for $20. Looking forward to getting it to see if it looks as good as it does on the YouTube video.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest