Remember Crazy Foam from the 70's? It's baaack!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Remember Crazy Foam from the 70's? It's baaack!

Post by John Mack »

:D
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (9.9 KiB) Viewed 4775 times
rps20181016_170103.jpg
Music. BAT! Music.
Jim Akin

Re: Remember Crazy Foam from the 70's? It's baaack!

Post by Jim Akin »

Hmmm. Does the modern version seem gritty compared to the original? ;)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

This new one is ugly-- there was another version which came out last year.

Which I think is better but still not as great as the original.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

My god, I haven't seen that in years. Now, that pic took me back! Yep, I had them both when I was a kid! I didn't even realize they even made that any longer.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:19 am This new one is ugly-- there was another version which came out last year.

Which I think is better but still not as great as the original.
Now that version is a lot easier on my old eyes Andy.
Music. BAT! Music.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Is it wrong that I want to go buy a can and use it? I’m 56 years old for crying out loud! :) It’s pretty cool looking alright. It’s also one of the few things I remember having when I was little.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Warning: Today, perhaps because of unexpectedly warm temperatures(?), or perhaps because it just wanted to be crazy... my can of “Batman Crazy Foam” decided to spill its contents over everything near it in my collectibles room. It has been moved to the bathroom (where I thought it was!) and continues to pour forth. “Holy soap suds, Batman!”

I bought this about a year ago. Beware!

Batman Crazy Foam goes crazy by Ian McLean, on Flickr

I was going to move and photograph it when John Mack posted his a few days ago. Wish I had...

I was just checking the can for a manufacturing date and saw mention of "collectable caps". Previously I hadn't noticed that the "head" was removable. Actually, the safety tag is still in place and the foam is pouring from a weakness in the rim.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Therin of Andor wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:37 am Warning: Today, perhaps because of unexpectedly warm temperatures(?), or perhaps because it just wanted to be crazy... my can of “Batman Crazy Foam” decided to spill its contents over everything near it in my collectibles room. It has been moved to the bathroom (where I thought it was!) and continues to pour forth. “Holy soap suds, Batman!”

I was going to move and photograph it when John Mack posted his a few days ago. Wish I had...

I was just checking the can for a manufacturing date and saw mention of "collectable caps". Previously I hadn't noticed that the "head" was removable. Actually, the safety tag is still in place and the foam is pouring from a weakness in the rim.
Man...that's like "Exorcist Batman"...

I've looked into getting original Crazy Foam cans, but I'm always worried about how well they were cared for, as in stored to avoid rust on the bottom (a common problem for old metal canisters), and if the foam was successfully cleaned out. Most I see for sale are always a few steps from being worth a purchase.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

I regret not taking a pic of my Animated Series Riddler almost totally drowned in Crazy Foam... the only victim after a few cardboard boxes and a spare 8" Batman cape. Took about two hours after moving the can to completely empty. No idea when it started, but it was our first really humid day of the season.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:48 am
Therin of Andor wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:37 am Warning: Today, perhaps because of unexpectedly warm temperatures(?), or perhaps because it just wanted to be crazy... my can of “Batman Crazy Foam” decided to spill its contents over everything near it in my collectibles room. It has been moved to the bathroom (where I thought it was!) and continues to pour forth. “Holy soap suds, Batman!”

Man...that's like "Exorcist Batman"...

I've looked into getting original Crazy Foam cans, but I'm always worried about how well they were cared for, as in stored to avoid rust on the bottom (a common problem for old metal canisters), and if the foam was successfully cleaned out. Most I see for sale are always a few steps from being worth a purchase.
Actual photo of Batman's response to watching "Titans". :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11