A Note Regarding the Subterranean Blue Grotto Guides

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jim Beard

A Note Regarding the Subterranean Blue Grotto Guides

Post by Jim Beard »

I regret to say that both ZLONK! ZOK! ZOWIE! and BIFF! BAM! EEE-YOW! have been removed from publication by Amazon due to a claim of copyright infringement for their artwork by Warner Bros.

I apologize to everyone who had invested in the books, but truly appreciate your support and enthusiasm for them. I’m in debt to you, as well as to the incredible cast of talent, including both writers and artists, who worked on the project. I appreciate each and every one of you.

The two volumes were instrumental in my gaining a semblance of normalcy after my wife’s death, and because of that they will always hold a very special place in my heart, as does the TV series they commented upon. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the books, and they almost didn’t get made at certain times, but once they came together, they were exactly what I envisioned, and I am so proud of what they became.

At this moment, there are no plans to alter and republish them, as well as the third volume in the series. Nor do I intend to fight a giant the size of Warner’s. If you had recently ordered the books, but see your order has been cancelled, I am very sorry. If you already have copies of either book or both, please enjoy them. They’re collector’s items now!

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
rsaffle

Re: A Note Regarding the Subterranean Blue Grotto Guides

Post by rsaffle »

Sorry to hear this but I vote you alter the format. Too much love and effort was put into them to stop because of a cover photo. Just go with blue and red.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Sorry to hear it, Jim. I hope it all works out in the end.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Thanks, everyone. Rolling with the situation, but my expectations for a happy resolution are pretty low at the moment.

I do greatly appreciate all the support for the books.

Jim
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Jim Beard wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:54 am I regret to say that both ZLONK! ZOK! ZOWIE! and BIFF! BAM! EEE-YOW! have been removed from publication by Amazon due to a claim of copyright infringement for their artwork by Warner Bros.

I apologize to everyone who had invested in the books, but truly appreciate your support and enthusiasm for them. I’m in debt to you, as well as to the incredible cast of talent, including both writers and artists, who worked on the project. I appreciate each and every one of you.

The two volumes were instrumental in my gaining a semblance of normalcy after my wife’s death, and because of that they will always hold a very special place in my heart, as does the TV series they commented upon. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the books, and they almost didn’t get made at certain times, but once they came together, they were exactly what I envisioned, and I am so proud of what they became.

At this moment, there are no plans to alter and republish them, as well as the third volume in the series. Nor do I intend to fight a giant the size of Warner’s. If you had recently ordered the books, but see your order has been cancelled, I am very sorry. If you already have copies of either book or both, please enjoy them. They’re collector’s items now!

Jim
I’m very sorry to hear what happened. I’m glad you got a lot out of the creative process.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

[/quote]
I’m very sorry to hear what happened. I’m glad you got a lot out of the creative process.
[/quote]

Thank you most sincerely.

Jim
Schmidlapp

Post by Schmidlapp »

Hi Everyone - I’m a new board member, from the UK.

Firstly, so sorry to hear of your loss Jim, my sincere condolences.

Over the last few months I’ve been enjoying a rewatch of Season 1 and reading my Zlonk! Zok! Zowie! ebook alongside each story arc (as well as the excellent Bat Cave & To The Batpoles podcasts!)

I came to this board today to find out more and to see if there might be a Season 2 guide when I saw this news. So disappointing.

I just wanted to say thank you Jim, for all your hard work and the fantastic input from all the contributors on these two volumes. I don’t believe print copies ever made it to the UK sadly.

I hope we get to read the essays in some form some day.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Sorry to hear j
Jim, but for what it's worth I did get a physical copy Zlonk I and I quite enjoyed it.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:30 am Sorry to hear j
Jim, but for what it's worth I did get a physical copy Zlonk I and I quite enjoyed it.
Congratulations and sincere thanks.

Jim
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

Schmidlapp wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm Hi Everyone - I’m a new board member, from the UK.

Over the last few months I’ve been enjoying a rewatch of Season 1 and reading my Zlonk! Zok! Zowie! ebook alongside each story arc (as well as the excellent Bat Cave & To The Batpoles podcasts!)

I came to this board today to find out more and to see if there might be a Season 2 guide when I saw this news. So disappointing.

I just wanted to say thank you Jim, for all your hard work and the fantastic input from all the contributors on these two volumes. I don’t believe print copies ever made it to the UK sadly.

Wow, what nice comments. So appreciated, believe me. Stay tuned; we're trying to work out a way to get the essays back into print.

Jim
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jim Beard wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:13 am
Schmidlapp wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:06 pm Hi Everyone - I’m a new board member, from the UK.

Wow, what nice comments. So appreciated, believe me. Stay tuned; we're trying to work out a way to get the essays back into print.

Jim
Fantastic to hear a glimmer of hope on that front, J.B, I've got everything crossed for you!
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Jim Beard wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:54 am I regret to say that both ZLONK! ZOK! ZOWIE! and BIFF! BAM! EEE-YOW! have been removed from publication by Amazon due to a claim of copyright infringement for their artwork by Warner Bros.

I'm sorry for the loss of your wife, may she rest in peace.

Also, that's a real shame about the books. I hope you do find a way to get the essays back into print.

Take care.
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

I'm sorry for the loss of your wife, may she rest in peace.

Also, that's a real shame about the books. I hope you do find a way to get the essays back into print.

Take care.
Very appreciated. We are working right now on a way to get them back out.

Jim
AnderWood

Post by AnderWood »

I sure hope you can re-format it so we can buy and read it.

And I hope Volume 3 can still happen in some form
Jim Beard

Post by Jim Beard »

AnderWood wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:33 am I sure hope you can re-format it so we can buy and read it.

And I hope Volume 3 can still happen in some form
Good news: They are coming back, and soon. And yes, Vol. 3 will happen in 2022.

Jim