McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
cdub

Re: McFarlane Toys doing Batman 66 figures?

Post by cdub »

My Catwoman finally arrived today. Later while I was out on errands my grandson talked me into stopping at a Target. There I found Mr Freeze and the Batcycle on the shelf. It was a good day today!
Attachments
MR FREEZE BATCYCLE CATWOMAN.jpg
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Hedji wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:37 pm Wow! Two-Face? Can we dream they'd model his likeness after William Shatner?
It specified "comic", so it will be the Two-Face who vaguely resembled Clint Eastwood (who had supposedly been earmarked to play Two-Face in live-action), not the animated Two-Face who resembled a young William Shatner.

I have previously customised an 8" FTC-esque comic book Two-Face (from a FTC Jimmy Olsen)...

Two-Face and Batman by Ian McLean, on Flickr

and a 3.75" Funko-esque animated Two-Face from a Captain Kirk:

William Shatner as Funko Two-Face by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Two-Face, voiced by William Shatner by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I was sad to see an entire rack of Freeze already warming the pegs. Such a cool figure.

I have a healthy collection... don't know whether to open them or keep in package. Are they fun to pose and satisfying to move?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I don't find them very poseable but I think the packaging is very generic, so its a toss up.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Found Mr. Freeze at two Central Mass Targets today but nothing else from the wave. Canceled my online order of Mr. Freeze. I just have the Batcycle and Villains Lair on order now.
Barnabas Collins

Post by Barnabas Collins »

Hedji wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:57 am I was sad to see an entire rack of Freeze already warming the pegs. Such a cool figure.

I have a healthy collection... don't know whether to open them or keep in package. Are they fun to pose and satisfying to move?
I'm enjoying mine out of package (in the Batmobile or on the Batcycle). I bought Mr. Freeze at a Target about 2.5 weeks ago. They got six in, and I bought one. As of today, they still had five left. :? :ugeek:

Barnabas Collins
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

It seems Batmobile, Batcave, Surfer Batman, Penguin and Eartha’s Catwoman are all now sold out on Target.com. Only Boxer Batman and Boxer Riddler remain from older waves.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I think making figures based on the 66 comic can keep this line alive for awhile. I’m fine with that as long as real villains from the show continue to pop up as well. After King Tut, Egghead and Mad Hatter I could consider it very complete for the major villains. That ‘66 comic Poison Ivy is beautiful and would make a great figure. So would the Scarecrow from the comic. These two (like Two Face) should have been in the series anyway. Clayface even appears in the opening credits so he’d be awesome to get too, and the comic version looks very classic.
Jczernich

Post by Jczernich »

Found the Bat-Cycle tonight at a Central Mass Target and canceled my pre-order for that. Only left on my pre-order is the Villain's Lair.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Perhaps the peg-warmer status / availability of this Freeze figure is due to it being based on the wrong Mister Freeze. This figure is marketed to fans of the '66 series who know the villain characters, so in theory, I wonder if disinterested buyers might have desired a Freeze based on Sanders? I'm no fan of the McFarlane line at all, but if a Sanders Freeze had been produced, it would have caught my eye at least to check out its accuracy.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Maybe. However what would that look like?
I guy in a smoking jacket? Same Freeze body with Sander's helmet? Both a potential tough sell outside or fan base. Though I love them, 'we' are most likely the only ones that bought the boxing figures.
I feel like we can expect a Wallach version of Mr Freeze sometime down the line. Fingers crossed for a Julie Catwoman,
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

They made a Julie Catwoman, but I’d like to see an Unmasked Julie Catwoman as a chase. It’s odd Joker and Riddler have gotten tons of variants with b&w ones on the way, yet no other Penguin, or Catwoman let alone hoping for any other Mr. Freeze. I saw lots of Riddler figures as peg warmers. Can’t believe they are making more and more Riddler figures. I really was hopeful we’d get a Masked Penguin, Mayor Penguin or Unmasked Julie. Now I’m thinking we won’t even see b&w versions of them.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Since it seems that comic Two Face is coming to the line, how about altered Gordon and Harriet? Didn’t they appear in the comic? They were in the movies. To me they’re both glaring omissions from all of the modern merch. I’d take those versions over nothing.

Also, Clock King showed up as a pin or something recently…
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

JWLJN wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:32 pm Since it seems that comic Two Face is coming to the line, how about altered Gordon and Harriet? Didn’t they appear in the comic? They were in the movies. To me they’re both glaring omissions from all of the modern merch. I’d take those versions over nothing.

Also, Clock King showed up as a pin or something recently…
Neil Hamilton and Madge Blake's likenesses were never signed off on by their estates for usage within the merchandise license. The comic likenesses are managed under a seperate deal.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I highly doubt you’ll ever see Gordon or Harriet. McFarlane is only releasing civilian characters if they are dressed as Superheroes. Unmasked Batman, Unmasked Robin and the upcoming Alfred As Batman are the only way we are getting Bruce, Dick and Alfred and any of these would sell tons more than Gordon or Harriet. I just don’t see it happening for these two characters. We would get a real Bruce, Dick and Alfred first and that seems very unlikely. I guess the heroes and villains sell much better. There must not be much demand for it. Looking back, McFarlane has only released Unmasked heroes/villains so far in their DC line if not mistaken.