My Batman '66 Cosplay is Complete!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
BAT 77

Re: My Batman '66 Cosplay is Complete!

Post by BAT 77 »

DrewMasie wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:21 am Nice job on the videos! I went through some of the same issues when I put my suit together, but I eventually I bought my gloves from Gaspar and boots from Duran. I made my own belt with a WS2 buckle, but I also bought a CY Productions version. The boot covers you purchased from Etsy seem a good choice for parades and such.
Thanks, Drew. The Etsy seller who made the spandex boot coverings suggested I get some sole protectors to place on the bottoms for when I do a lot of walking, and I'll look into getting those soon, but right now I'm taking a break from investing in costume accessories for a short while. As for the Evolution gloves, there's already a small seam coming loose between the palm and the wrist, and I'll need to sew that up in the next few days. I have the bridal gloves as backup, and if necessary, I may incorporate them with the scalloped gloves at a later time.
Finding suitable grey tights is a challenge, but I think your lighter grey set look better. You might try dying them with Rit dye to darken them a bit. I dyed a set of expensive dance tights which was a little scary but they came out okay. The WS2 tights (based on the screen used tights) are actually more brownish-grey than you might expect, and would be a good upgrade.
I thought about using dye on the light gray to get closer to the actual color, and I might do that after Halloween. I'll need to remove the chest logo first and either reattach it once the tights are dyed or I have one more emblem I can use.
Anyway, I subscribed to your channel and look forward to seeing videos of your journey and appearances. I think you'll have a lot of fun!
Thanks. I plan on going out to City Park soon and have my girlfriend take photos and video. I did a test run there a couple weeks ago before I received the Evolution gloves, and the costume got a lot of positive reactions and several requests for selfies. Hopefully I will get some footage from Chewbaccus to feature on the channel.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
BAT 77

Post by BAT 77 »

Doing some tweaking on the costume for the Chewbacchus parade. The EZCosplay boots were never in consideration for this event, and in fact are already worn at the seems between the vinyl and soles. Earlier I purchased the Batman-style boot coverings made of navy blue spandex from Savilla Creations which would normally be worn over shoes, but since I'll be walking down the pothole-filled streets of New Orleans, I would need some protection in order to avoid any wear and tear on the bottom of the coverings. So I have opted for a pair of navy blue walking shoes to wear over the coverings.
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 8.03.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 8.03.44 PM.png (302.29 KiB) Viewed 838 times
I'm going to leave the soles as is. Even though they are nowhere near "screen accurate", the gray will go with the tights. The parade will be at night, so no one is going to be inspecting my footwear that closely. I think the ensemble works well. The shoes are more comfortable, and they do add about a 1/2 inch to my height. I will probably wear these when cosplaying at Fan Expo in January.
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Bat 77, I had to look 3 times to see where the shoes were!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: IMHO, NO ONE will notice the difference. AVERY good idea indeed Sir!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Looks great! Post pics of the event!
BiffPow

Post by BiffPow »

Savilla is fantastic! She has made a few costumes for us, but it has been awhile. She was (is?) a professional Hollywood costumer for film. Very nice lady! Still beautiful, I am sure.

She made our first Julie Catwoman costume. It looked fantastic on my wife! Savilla had the statuesque figure for it.