Duran boots

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batdave

Duran boots

Post by Batdave »

I am going to orders a pair of Duran Batman boots. I found the form where you enter your measurements. My question is what height should they be? I am 6 feet tall. Thanks for any info.
Ben Bentley

Re: Duran boots

Post by Ben Bentley »

Its not a one size fits all kind of deal, obviously two guys who are both 6ft could weigh massively varying amounts and thus have accordingly different calf diameter's.

This graphic-guide below that Scott put together a few years ago should help you make you're decisions on measurements relative to you.

Also, this thread from our archived board might be well worth checking out...
http://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Y ... 1330786301
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Dave, I am 6'2" and I ordered 18 1/2 inch in height. I used the above pic for reference.
Hope that helps. ;-)
BatToys

Post by BatToys »

On the red lines, does it mean you measure the diameter of your knee or the length of knee to floor?

The other red lines mean you measure their diameter?

Where does one order Duran boots? PM me if that is better. Thanks.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

BatToys wrote:On the red lines, does it mean you measure the diameter of your knee or the length of knee to floor?

The other red lines mean you measure their diameter?

Where does one order Duran boots? PM me if that is better. Thanks.
Sorry, the description of the red lines were not on the provided thread.

The red lines show how the top point of the boot lands halfway between the middle of the knee and the top curve of the foot. If you mark that spot on your own leg and measure from there, it should give a good read for your bat boots height in relation to your own body.

The company is actually Duran's Shoes (not Boots) out of Los Angeles. They have a web site but it isn't really suited for ordering. http://www.duranshoesla.com/index.html provides their address and phone number.

Best to call or use this e-mail and work out arrangements that way.
Contact: Isabel Duran isabela290255@yahoo.com (tell them I sent you. lol)
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Let me recommend that when you are taking the measurements around your leg that you get someone to help you.
The tape needs to be level to the ground going around your leg and that's hard to judge when looking down your own leg.
It's VERY easy to get a poor measurement when you do it yourself.
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Or, in the utter absence of having anyone else to do it for you, do it in front of a mirror, so you can make sure the measuring tape is level.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Parker Gabriel

Post by Parker Gabriel »

Unfortunately, if I were searching for an appropriate pair of boots for a Batcostume of any design, then I would avoid the Duran bootery at all costs.
:(
Without an on-line access store, much less a true brick-and-mortar store, you may never know exactly what you would be liable to get.
“To the Batcave--we haven’t ONE moment to LOSE!!!”
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Parker Gabriel wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:49 pm Unfortunately, if I were searching for an appropriate pair of boots for a Batcostume of any design, then I would avoid the Duran bootery at all costs.
:(
Without an on-line access store, much less a true brick-and-mortar store, you may never know exactly what you would be liable to get.
Completely disagree. They have been a legit company for decades. They might not be up with modern expectations for internet but they do have a brick and mortar store front location (actually it's a shop rather than a store). I have dealt with them for over 13 years and know of others who have dealt with them for over 25 years on not just Batman boots but Star Trek TOS and more. Sorry to the folks who may not be more local but the above comment is unfounded. They are top notch all the way but they are old school as far as business model. Easily more professional and established than 90% of what I see on Etsy. E-mail them. Call them. Talk to people here other than me who have actually dealt with them (of course, stay within our Merchandise Rules when it comes to that type of discussion or handle it via PM.)
Parker Gabriel

Post by Parker Gabriel »

Well, if Scott notes my being mistaken, then I admit to being mistaken. Apparently, Duran Shoes is in desperate need of a net-site designer. The only question that raises is why it has not hired one.
“To the Batcave--we haven’t ONE moment to LOSE!!!”
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Duran, has been a long established company as Scott said. If I had the money, I would get their bat boots in a second! If you want the original, that is where you go. Unfortunately, for me, I couldn't afford to do that, so I made my own per the Scott Bayles tutorial on you tube. It worked for me, but at some point, Durans are on my wish list.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Duran made the original Batboots. If you can afford them, why in heaven's name would you not want to own the originals? Scott's comments to you were spot on, trust us all.
Music. BAT! Music.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

John Mack wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:24 pm Duran made the original Batboots.
Just to be clear. They did not make the original Bat boots but have been making them for a long time and some for Adam West.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Scott, I was always under the impression that they did make the originals. I stand corrected here. Do you know who did make the originals?
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

People often get confused between Duran Shoes and Hammer Gloves (now owned by Gaspar Gloves) as to a current maker who was the original source. Gaspar still has the original cut out pattern for the Bat gloves from back in the day. But Duran's was not the original makers of the boots and at the moment I don't think the original source is known unless somebody like Chuck has discovered it (like he did with Hammer/Gaspar) more recently.