All right, I've got a problem...

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Lee Kirkham, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.

All right, I've got a problem...

Postby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 pm

I wasn't planning on buying 3/4 of this bat junk but now I can't stop! Just ordered the Batman bobble head, then decided he looks lonely without Robin so I got that. Bought the two pack and now Mike is tempting me to buy the Batmobile which would mean I need another set of Batman and Robin to sit in it, not to mention the Neca mega figure, and all the mattel villains and my absolute favorite so far the surfing Batman!

I'm hoping Hot Toys sends me Batman thanks to our long friendship but I'm running out of space already! My name is Andy and I have a problem.
Not enough space.
AndyFish

Re: All right, I've got a problem...

Postby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:10 pm

I feel your pain. I have all the Mattel figures on order, got climbing Batman and Robin this week and Batusi Batman is on the way. Debating getting the Batmobile for them. I hadn't thought about getting another Batman and Robin to put in the car until I read your post, now I'm really wondering!
I am most anticipating the model kits, I can't wait to get my hands on them. I just figure most of us here have been waiting many years for stuff like this to come out, we're entitled to some obsession.

Mike
batfan67

Postby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 pm

Let me make you all feel better...

I pre-ordered everything. ALL the bobbles, Mattel figs (both series and Bat Climb box set), Neca 1/4,Pop Vinyls, Barbies, Heroclix (had to buy a case, and the Batmobile was separate), calendar and the new 1:18 Batmobile with figs. Oh, yeah, and all four of the hot Topic T-shirts, and the new '66 logo T from Target

THEN this week I got really nutz- bought not only the hard copy Batman '66 #1 issue, but also the Case variant cover. THEN bought (off eBay) the SDCC Mattel variant cover. THEN bought (off the 'Bay) the SDCC '66 Batman tote bag. THEN ordered the Mattel Batmobile for the figs when it became available today. THEN found out about and ordered the "Contaminated Cowl" Wacky Wobbler Batman chase fig.

Going to get the "Batusi" fig, just haven't decided whether to order now from a SDCC scalper or wait for the Matty Collector sale. And of course now I have to find out when I can pre-order the Moebius model(s), the Neca "Bat Climb" bobbles, ect ect ect.

Oh, and a week ago I bought the "Riddler Revenge" race track set.

My name is Scott, and I'm completely insane. I'm also probably this close to being killed by my better half....
svl

Postby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:41 pm

Oh yeah- those Hot Toys are also on the pre-order radar.

HEEEEEEEEEELP ME, CAPED CRUSADER!!!!!!!
svl

Postby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I am sick- I forgot I also pre-ordered the Mez-Its.....
svl

Postby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:14 pm

I haven't preordered anything yet. I'm waiting for Amazon to have them to I get my free shipping.

Can't wait though. Good thing I just got a promotion. :D
BatmiteReturns

Postby » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:19 pm

I forgot I have the calendar coming from BBTS. I'm thinking I'll get the run of the Funko Pops too. I have the regular and the SDCC Batman 66 comic,I need to track down a Case variant. I do have two of the Hot Topic shirts,my Hot Topic always seems to get stuff last. Thanks for the heads up about the Batmobile shirt at Target Scott, I'll be heading there tomorrow to see if I can get one.
We may not be helping each other solving our addiction but it is good to talk it out, I feel better already :D
My name is Mike and I'm a Bataholic
batfan67

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:23 am

Fortunately i'm in the middle of decorating and setting up my new home office and studio space which will eventually house my current collection and the official new additions that we're all excited about getting our hands on. I've mentioned this recently in another thread but I can't help looking around my studio and thinking that i'm going to need maybe even two additional DETOLF display cases for all of this stuff.
Ben Bentley

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:57 am

You wanna hear a problem?....No money. If this had been 25 years ago, no problem, but when that little thing called a "bubble" burst in 2008, so did every cent I had. I'm trying to save some dough, but you know how that goes. Now, that's a problem. :(

John
"I thought I was wrong once, but sadly I was mistaken."

John
Batguitarist

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:07 am

Yes, it's good to keep things in perspective - some folks have it rough. Sorry to hear, John. :(

I'm lucky in that absolutely none of what I deem the 'bits 'n bobs' stuff appeals to me (i.e. bobble heads, T-shirts, the Barbie set, etc.), and the postage costs for the Mego repros (which amounts to upwards of $70 for a single figure posted to Australia) conveniently removes them from the list. That leaves the NECA 18" Adam West (with, likely, a Burt Ward to follow) and the Hot Toys figures. Luckily, it appears that the Hot Toys offerings are a good year away from release, which is ample time to save for what will inevitably be a very expensive line (Batmobile included). Of course, any DVD/BD releases are an obvious must-buy, but other than that...
johnny6666

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:24 am

Man I'm sorry to hear it John-- this is the worst economy I've ever seen and it shows no signs of getting better. It does put things in perspective.
AndyFish

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:23 am

there's a pink cowl bobble head? stuff!
Mike Mulitsch

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:52 am

Because of money issues, I have to pick and choose what I really want, so I am limiting myself to the mattell figures, the Neca figures, the POP vinyls, the bobbleheads and anything else that is low priced. The NECA figures will be the most I have ever paid for an action figure, but it's so worth it.

I did not know that there is a Pink cowled bobble head or a Batmobile T-shirt at Target. My Target doesn't have it, but I can check another one this weekend.

Mike
Batmanfan71

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:09 am

I did not know that there is a Pink cowled bobble head or a Batmobile T-shirt at Target. My Target doesn't have it, but I can check another one this weekend.

Mike[/quote]

yeah me neither :cry: , but there it is
Mike Mulitsch

Postby » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:24 am

The pink cowl bobble head is the "chase" piece in the case run. Much more limited production run which explains why it is over 3x the price of the regular run pieces.
simm

Next

Return to Bat Merchandise