Now Heroclix didn't disapoint

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: Now Heroclix didn't disapoint

Post by John Mack » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:34 pm

I like their attention to detail, such as the Batphone facing AWAY from Bruce Wayne etc..

John
Music. BAT! Music.

Cappy

Post by Cappy » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:16 am

With heroclix figures, I've found that the paint jobs are shaky at best. If you can get the paint
off, the figure underneath is usually very good. Like many others I will be re-painting most if not all
of them. I have come across a gel paint stripper that will take their paint off and appears to not
attack the plastic. I can't remember the name right now. If anyone is interested I will post it here.
As always it should be tested first as these manufacturers like to change plastic formulas, regularly.
So I can't guarantee what worked on their DKR figures will work on these. :D

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:45 am

I'd like to know the name of that gel and also, does anyone know when these come out in stores?

John
Music. BAT! Music.

Cappy

Post by Cappy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:44 am

Sorry John, I didn't think anyone was interested. I'll try to remember to jot down the name and post here. Won't be until tomorrow tho. I was told they'd be available in September, what day is pretty much
when they arrive. Krylon makes a good paint to prime these. Its part of their fusion line called "Camoflage". It bonds very well to the Poly Vinyl Cloride plastic they seem to use. Comes in Black and a few other neutral colors and is very flat. No white is currently available.

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Thanks Cap! Yeah, I'm interested in this. Thanks for the info on the paint. I like to paint figures.

In an unrelated story: I tried to paint my Army men one time and while the paint did dry, it peeled off at the sight of it! LOL. I have yet to find a paint that will bond to that weird plastic they use for Army men.

John
Music. BAT! Music.

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:12 pm

The close up now is on Bookworm! Take a look! Be sure to click on the photo of him to get a larger photo!

I believe their next spotlight is on King Tut!

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc ... z2bzYYbeui

John
Music. BAT! Music.

Cappy

Post by Cappy » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:55 am

Man those figures are looking great. Nice thing is you can get a whole set for about the price
of a single in the larger ones. Gonna look great around my Eaglemoss 66 batmobile, which should be the right scale.

As to the paint stripper. I have good news and bad news..... The good news is the name of the product is "Super Remover". You want the one for "GLUE". Not sure exactly why it worked better than the other version. Most likely its because its thicker. Tried both and thats the one that worked and thats all I cared about. The bad news is it's from a company in Canada, so I'm not sure of availability down south. Got mine at the local Canadian Tire store. It comes in a 1 Litre container, so it will last a long time. Brush it on. wait a few minutes and scrub with a old tooth brush, then wash with soapy water. I would recommend you test it first before committing to covering the whole figure. My trials with it were done with constant monitoring, on heroclix and wizards of the coast figures. Dropping it in and walking away, probably not a good idea. Super remover does have a web site. It is http://www.superremover.com.

On the topic of repainting figures made from "Army men plastic". from what I under stand you have to some how change the composition of the surface layer. Its kind of waxy so paint won't stick. I've heard of people being successful by wiping them down with straight acetone on a q-tip or covering them rubbing alcohol, igniting it then extinguishing it :shock: . I've never tried it myself as you can see the process can be extremely dangerous, so I've just steered away from figures made out that stuff.

Anyway hope that helps and good luck on your quest :)

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks Cap! There are products called "paint adhesives" that you can coat the Army men to paint them. There's a YouTube video about it, but the guy didn't know the name.

John
Music. BAT! Music.

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Stopped in a comics store tonight and the owner told me these are due to ship to him on Wednesday and he expects to have them in-store this Friday (the 20th)!

John Mack

Post by John Mack » Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:38 pm

HerryGrail wrote:Stopped in a comics store tonight and the owner told me these are due to ship to him on Wednesday and he expects to have them in-store this Friday (the 20th)!
Well, time will tell. I can tell you one thing's for certain....I'll probably wind up with 7 GOONS, 2 Batphones, and about 6 unknown looking like thingys, no main characters or vehicles unless I buy off ebay. Blind bags and me do not mesh. :D

John
Music. BAT! Music.

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:29 pm

My Heroclix figures looks great displayed with my various 1/43 scale Batmobiles (Hot Wheels 1966 TV Batmobile & the various Corgi comic books Batmobiles). They're just about the right size!
To the Batpole!