66 figures

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
TysonL

66 figures

Post by TysonL »

Just a heads up, the Riddler and Penguin are now showing in stock on Amazon.com :mrgreen:

AndyFish

Re: 66 figures

Post by AndyFish »

Got mine yesterday-- they are both nice likenesses.

batfan67

Post by batfan67 »

I have the whole set on preorder from BBTS, looks like I'm going to have to wait a bit on mine. Getting jealous hearing about you guys getting them though! :)

Mike

svl

Post by svl »

I'm with ya, Mike. BBTS was fast on the draw with the 2 pack and bobbles, but is letting us down with the 6 inchers... may have to go to TRS and grab a set today to help stop the BAS (Bat Acquisition Syndrome).

PDpuck16

Post by PDpuck16 »

Bats, Penguin & Riddler are in stock online at Target for the same price as Amazon. If you have a Target RED card you get free shipping & 5% off making them the cheapest around I think

TysonL

Post by TysonL »

TRU in Rockford,IL now has the Batman, Riddler and Penguin on the shelves. They have made their way to the Midwest !

simm

Post by simm »

What's the price in store at TRU?

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Same as online - but they have that coupon. I attached a printable image below - Good luck ;)
Attachments
TRU Coupon
TRU Coupon
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!

K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

I got the Batman and Robin set. I agree the Batman figure is a good likeness but Robin was so so. I am not crazy over the quality. They are very flimsy. Not nearly the quality of DC Direct figures.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".

PDpuck16

Post by PDpuck16 »

Awful news from the ask Mattel q&a that we've seen all Mattel plans to do with the line.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/ask- ... 15th-2013/

NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

I've barely had the Batusi figure two days with the two pack on the way when this disturbing news popped up at the Action Figure Insider.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/ask- ... 15th-2013/

Evidently, there are no plans to continue this line beyond what has been announced.

Sorry to kill the party, folks, but there's still more 66 merchandising goodness to come - just not from Mattel.

svl

Post by svl »

Business speak translator-

"Our initial orders sucked, so we're not going to pimp the line. No more '66 Bat for you!"

Sad news indeed. Thanks God the Heroclix are looking awesome!

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Let the hoarding begin! :D

Seriously, Perhaps a lesson learned, your target market won't wait forever. Memo to Warner Home Video, something about a window.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I think you all are overreacting to the statement. Batman 66 was always a discrete line for Mattel. The Mattel person in the interview says "at this point" no future waves are planned. The merchandise is just now hitting the stores. How many iterations of the Batmobile has HotWheels released? I think it likely that they will assess sales and decide whether to proceed. Although I would like more planned figures, I don't think it's that surprising or discouraging.

BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Wow, sad news.

I just picked up Riddler and Penguin at the Moline, IL TRU so they are on shelves now.

Looks like no Batgirl or pink cowl variant either. :(