66 figures

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
svl

Re: 66 figures

Post by svl »

The Egghead is the cream of the crop so far, IMO. Egg-cellent sculpt, Vincent would be proud.

Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

I'm waiting on a maskless Riddler in the green question mark suit, and Batgirl, with Barbara Gordon.

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

Surf's Up Joker was a thrill for me to finally find. That episode has special childhood memories for me. Forgive the bad pic...I've found a way to temporarily display them despite the fins underneath: right on the edge of my TV stand, where they're getting a lot of attention!

I do wish the Joker face on his board was screen-accurate, but I guess they're having to use comics imagery (hence the lost opportunities on the back of the blister cards).

ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

When did the "Surfing Joker" get released? I didn´t see it on Amazon, where I get the Surfs Up Batman. I´d like to get it as well!

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

Surfing Joker is in (some) Walmarts on an end cap with other merchandise celebrating the 75th anniversary of Batman. All the other figures are there too.

ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Thanks for the reply, HerryGrail!

Unfortunately, being outside USA it´ll be more difficult to get one of those, but I´ll keep searching!

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

HerryGrail wrote:Surfing Joker is in (some) Walmarts on an end cap with other merchandise celebrating the 75th anniversary of Batman. All the other figures are there too.
I have been to 10 so far and Nada, no 75th anniversary, nothing
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!

artsEgal

Post by artsEgal »

I want the Riddler!! Love that there's a 66 version! :)

Think it says there's a collector card with it too.
May have to order one of those...soon.
I'd really like a version with his green suit, tie, and hat.
"He ponders the problem of how to make better a world where evil brings profit and virtue none at all..."

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

I got lucky and found the 75th anniversary display at a boonies Walmart in the same plaza I had to drive to as the only Best Buy that still had a Blu Ray set last Wednesday! Haven't seen it at others.

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

For all the trouble they had distributing an accurate photo of the original figure last year, Mattel's glamour shot of Surf's Up Joker is gorgeous. For me this is the best 3-D likeness we've seen so far, in spite of the scale. Somehow it captures his "head" and doesn't just focus on his features. And the heft of the body sculpt is very human and naturalistic. (Note that you have a couple of nice grabby hands to hold the Bat-steering wheel!)

Wish we had the right head on the board, but whatever, huh.

BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

LOVE Surf's Up Joker... but still haven't taken him out of the package. Think I'll get a second one, that I can keep in package and then I'll open one.

WHERE IS BATGIRL?!?!?!?!?!?!

Dream releases:
Riddler in green 3-piece suit
Egghead
King Tut
Mad Hatter (regular and super-instant mesmerizer interchangeable hats)
Mr. Freeze (Otto and Eli interchangeable heads)
Eartha Kitt Catwoman
Boxing Batman
Boxing Riddler (maskless head with loose mask hanging around neck)
Batgirl-Cycle
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

He's awesome, huh. Just look at that face.

I got a Surf's Up Batman on Amazon last Christmas when they were one of those $4 or $5 "add-ons" and loved how it looked in the package with those yellow trunks. It was hanging on my wall until I got Surf's Up Joker; now they're both open. I'm with you...I'd like to get a second set to hang together in package, but I'll watch Amazon for holiday deals.

I'd like to see Mattel do Joker in the gray suit and prison softball get-up...I appreciate that FTC did them, but they lost something in the translation for me. I doubt we'll get them of course, but I hope we at least get someone else after (or with) Batgirl, and even though the parts were pretty much the same, the Surf's Up figures were just fringe enough (and enough extra effort) to hope we'd get more.

I know everyone thinks the chances are slim, but there are SO many Mattel Batman figures out there that I hope they go a little wild with the '66 line. I wonder just how many everyday Batman collectors got these, either because they liked them or just because they're completists. Obviously effort was made to get rights to do other likenesses...who more obvious than Mattel to take advantage? I guess it depends on whether the figures had crossover appeal.

rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I really want that Batcomputer with the unmasked Batman. Why hasn't it come out yet? Batgirl is on my buy list too if the set ever gets released. I think sales have been very weak on all 1966 stuff. I don't know why. I thought there was much love for the show. Think about it, Hot Toys stopped after Batman and Robin, Mattel shelved Surfer Joker for a year and the Batcomputer and Batgirl sets are MIA. Neca is making Robin in very small numbers because they couldn't even sell Batman. Even Figures Toy Company seems to have moved away from releasing an accessory set for the villains, must be because the one for the heroes didn't sell enough, and the wave 3 was so weak as if they have no heart in it any longer. There were never any more Funko releases and even those talking figures keep getting pushed back (now Jan, though some sites say June) it's rather depressing. I wonder how the blu ray and dvd sets have been selling? I'm ready to spend my $$$, but there is no product. I was very surprised nothing out there new the month the dvd set gets released.

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

I hadn't really heard or read anything "official" about sales, though I'd love to know more.

On the plus side, FTC seems to be moving forward with more waves; the '66 line seems well-represented when I see Funko displays; and Walmart is carrying all the Mattel figures as well as its Batmobile as part of a 75th Anniversary endcap.

Also, there appear to be all sorts of stuffies, talking dolls, and banks on the way. None of it's quite my cup of tea, but I very much hope that I'm in the minority among collectors.

Sadly there aren't any Media Plays or Suncoasts around anymore that carry this kind of stuff...Barnes & Noble has some, and Movie Stop has a small collectibles display up for the holidays. The closest thing I have near me to the "old days" is a single FYE that has a bunch of it along a long wall. Now it's just online, which isn't the same. If you don't have any big comic shops in your town, as I don't, you're just not going to see much of this product in person.

Will the new Blu Ray/DVD release increase interst and bolster product development? I'm really hoping for a Hot Toys Joker!

mpr933

Post by mpr933 »

$36 now:
mpr933 wrote:Bought 2 Batmobiles online from Walmart:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/30154602