Lets not forget the Figures Toy Company line!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Lets not forget the Figures Toy Company line!

Post by John Mack »

With the apparent bottoming out of the Mattel line, I wanted to remind everyone that the line of 66 related figures still seems to be a go and the retro-Mego line is still planned as well. Also, the carrying cases for both lines are available for purchase NOW!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Re: Lets not forget the Figures Toy Company line!

Post by SprangFan »

Yes, but their repros of the vintage Megos keep getting pushed back, and at this rate it may be this time next year before we see the show-inspired figures. So for those of us who can't stand the wait, the Mattels will have to tide us over.

And what IS the deal with the carry cases, anyway? Who sells the cases first, for figures they may or may not get around to producing later? Isn't that putting the cart before the horse?
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Now would be a good time for them to leak some more prototype photos. So odd that all we've seen is Egghead and Joker followed by.... Nothing.
Troy

Post by Troy »

This is the line I'm the most excited about!
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

They are postponed til November.
svl

Post by svl »

November of what year has yet to be determined...
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

They say THIS year, but I'm thinking that all dates are arbitrary, and can be changed at a moments notice.

We'll get the figures when they come out, and not a minute sooner.
brinke

Post by brinke »

Batguitarist wrote:With the apparent bottoming out of the Mattel line, I wanted to remind everyone that the line of 66 related figures still seems to be a go and the retro-Mego line is still planned as well. Also, the carrying cases for both lines are available for purchase NOW!

John
what does 'bottoming out' mean?
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

I'm very excited about this line, just makes me very leery when things get pushed back and nothing concrete has been shown.
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I had very high hopes for this company (though I did think they were over doing it with so many Joker variants, ok, Opera Joker...a big yes, Surfer Joker...great, but grey suit and prison Joker?...I would rather see both versions of Riddler, both Julie and Eartha Catwoman, both Gerge and Otto Mr. Freeze and why do we need removable cowl Batman and Robin when we are getting Bruce and Dick? How about Pink Cowl Batman and Surfer Batman instead???) anyway, besides from the Joker overkill, I was pretty impressed with the character selection. Months later with nothing shown to give us much hope I am beginning to wonder if this company didn't bite off more than it can chew? Still hoping they can produce what they promise, but I think perhaps they were counting on tons of cash to drop in for pre-orders on the Mego repos, and maybe use this money to tool the '66 line...and maybe the orders are not as expected? Just a thought. It's just been too quiet on the '66 end from these guys, and I am tired of seeing all the ads for the "your face on an action figure".@@
johnny6666

Post by johnny6666 »

Given Figures Toy Company will charge me $70 to ship ONE Mego repro Batman to Australia, I'm quite happy to forget about the Figures Toy Company line. ;)
svl

Post by svl »

"Months later with nothing shown to give us much hope I am beginning to wonder if this company didn't bite off more than it can chew? Still hoping they can produce what they promise, but I think perhaps they were counting on tons of cash to drop in for pre-orders on the Mego repos, and maybe use this money to tool the '66 line...and maybe the orders are not as expected?"

Think you hit the nail on the head there, Rick.

Would LOVE to see someone from Figures pop on here to give us some info- you would think (if they know what they're doing) they'd come talk to their very specific fanbase......
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Eknirb wrote:
Batguitarist wrote:With the apparent bottoming out of the Mattel line, I wanted to remind everyone that the line of 66 related figures still seems to be a go and the retro-Mego line is still planned as well. Also, the carrying cases for both lines are available for purchase NOW!

John
what does 'bottoming out' mean?
It means no more figures or items will be produced in the line. The bad news came in another thread. So, right now it looks like there will be no more Mattel 66 Batman items.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
brinke

Post by brinke »

do u know which thread? there are so many.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Eknirb wrote:do u know which thread? there are so many.
Basically, the news was that in an online chat, a Mattel rep said that, "at this point," no further figures are planned. Although I would have liked a response like, "there will be more exciting developments," I think that the general reaction on this Board is overly negative, and I don't think it's really for certain that there won't be more figures. I think Mattel will look at results this fall and make a decision.