Lets not forget the Figures Toy Company line!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
AndyFish

Re: Lets not forget the Figures Toy Company line!

Post by AndyFish »

I agree with Bookworm.
The Booking Worm

Post by The Booking Worm »

Did Figures Toy Company ever release a list of what they were planning? I saw Opera Joker, Surfs Up Joker and Prison Joker mentioned in this thread but had never seen that announced anywhere.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Re: the Joker and Egghead heads being all we've seen, remember there were also pics of Batman and Robin's boots, gloves and belts. And they looked great.

Re: the Novemer date, that is for wave one of the Mego repros. Wave 3 is pushed to March. Whatever happens with the 66 line will likely be after that, at least. So it's a ways off.

I'd be astonished if we see any variant versions of villains, honestly. Much as I'd like to see these figs, I seriously doubt the customer demand will be great enough to get that esoteric.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

I just hope that they improve on the bodies for these figures.
I picked up the 8 inch KISS figures and had to replace the bodies because they were twisted and couldn't even stand on their own.
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »

As a mego collector, I am passing on the repo line as I would rather have the originals. However, I do plan on picking up an Alfred.

The '66 line is what I am most excited for. I have wanted Mego like figures from the show ever since I was a kid and I am more excited about these than the Mattel figures. I hope Figures Inc still plans on releasing the figures.

I didn't pick up the KISS figures because I didn't like the price point on them and I wasn't crazy about the faces on them. I still would like to pick up a Demon circa first album and a "Bandit" Paul Stanley figure at some point.

I too would love to see more photos of what we will be getting.

Mike
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

The Booking Worm wrote:Did Figures Toy Company ever release a list of what they were planning? I saw Opera Joker, Surfs Up Joker and Prison Joker mentioned in this thread but had never seen that announced anywhere.
On their website (http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvb ... ries1.aspx) they are selling a carrying case showing photos of 1966 Batman, Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, King Tut, Mad Hatter, Shame, Egghead, and Mr. Freeze (Otto). I assume that's what's being planned. The Joker and Egghead faces look fantastic, but looking at their website, a concern I have is that, rather than making the figures to scale, a lot of their lines seem to consist of sticking different heads on the same stock bodies. They have a new Dukes of Hazzard line and it features the thinnist and tallest Boss Hogg you'll ever see.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

They SAY that their bodies are new and improved, but I am going to wait and see.

Fortunately, there is a new Dr. Mego body coming out in October. No rubber band system AT ALL! In adult male, female and teenage options.

For those of us that frequent the MegoMuseum, it's welcome news.

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that they are making these figures. But if, I repeat, IF, the quality issues haven't really improved, it won't be a problem for me to replace the bodies with better options.

BUT, this is MY opinion only. Take it with a shaker full of salt.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

That can get expensive though. To add the cost of a Doc Mego body onto the already high priced $25 figure really adds up, especially over the course of the whole line.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Yep, that sounds pretty final to me. That would explain why Mattel didn't hold back any of the "big guns" to anchor future waves: There won't be any. Ah well, it's still 6 more figures than we ever had before.
"Or worse. Let's go..."
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

Bookworm wrote:
The Booking Worm wrote:Did Figures Toy Company ever release a list of what they were planning? I saw Opera Joker, Surfs Up Joker and Prison Joker mentioned in this thread but had never seen that announced anywhere.
On their website (http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvb ... resseries1. They have a new Dukes of Hazzard line and it features the thinnist and tallest Boss Hogg you'll ever see.
You didn't know? That was Boss Hogg on the Adkins Diet. :D
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

SprangFan wrote:

Yep, that sounds pretty final to me. That would explain why Mattel didn't hold back any of the "big guns" to anchor future waves: There won't be any. Ah well, it's still 6 more figures than we ever had before.
I still don't get the reaction. Just because there are no planned future waves doesn't mean that there will not be any. I think that there is a good chance that the sales will be quite strong. I also think that the remarkable amount of publicity that has accompanied this line may influence future decisions. In terms of initial orders, I think that the Batman 1966 line was an unknown commodity. There is no current movie tie in, and there are other Batman toys so it would not surprise me if initial orders were modest.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

If he'd said, "we don't have any plans at this point," that would leave it open for me. He says "at this point you have seen everything," which is different. These guys are famous for leaving the door open whenever possible. The stock answer is more like, "nothing I can talk about now."

It's always possible they could release more figures if these sell great, but this answer certainly implies no work is being done to that end as of right now, which means we'd be a long way from seeing a Wave 2 even if it did happen. This batch took over a year to get out.

And I still say you don't release all the "must haves" in a single wave. That's Marketing 101. But I will meet you in the middle: yes we could get more, but no I don't think That was Mattel's plan.
"Or worse. Let's go..."
svl

Post by svl »

I don't think we're going to get any other figures because of what I stated before- Mattel knows it's a niche product and initial orders were low (or lower than expected).

What retailers sell at this point won't matter, because most of the heavy hitters (T-R-U, Target, Walmart) won't reorder huge (or at all) in any event. Their game plan is to sell through what they ordered in the first place and concentrate on their big sellers and the next "fad". Even huge selling lines like Monster High don't get massive reorders (though that's mainly because they order big in the first place, and the retailers know there are more figures coming down the pipeline in short order).

Look at one of the defining facts we know for certain- at each T-R-U I went to, there was only ONE peg space for '66 figures. ONE. That means they ordered very conservatively, to say the least, most likely because they know their demo and knew they would only sell a small amount and didn't want to be plagued with peg warmers they would have to heavily discount to move. That ONE PEG speaks volumes about the entire line, and that particular tome isn't a good one for us '66 Batfans.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's the way I see it...
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Personally I don't know why they don't limit all movie and TV tie-in lines to five or six figures. I seem to remember a huge line for the Green Lantern film, once you considered all the aliens, baddies and Hal variants, and nobody liked that movie so they all sat there forever. Why would you stick your neck out like that? Wouldn't it make more sense to just release a few key figures and be done with it? Then people could actually say they've collected an entire line without taking out a second mortgage. Open-ended lines don't appeal to me. Maybe Star Wars has a big enough and constant enough fan base to justify a huge line that goes on for decades but that's a rare exception.

I probably would've limited myself to Batman and Riddler from this line, but knowing its as big as it'll ever get, now I'm tempted to get the whole set.
"Or worse. Let's go..."