Lets not forget the Figures Toy Company line!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Lets not forget the Figures Toy Company line!

Post by Lou Szabo »

Bookworm wrote: On their website (http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvb ... ries1.aspx) they are selling a carrying case showing photos of 1966 Batman, Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, Riddler, King Tut, Mad Hatter, Shame, Egghead, and Mr. Freeze (Otto). .
I might buy it just for the Mattel 6" figures that get opened.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
MAC

Post by MAC »

Y'know, even if there are no more dolls, getting Batman & Robin and their four main antagonists is amazing to me. Never thought I'd have these. So even if there's no Victor Buono Tut, Roddy McDowell Bookworm, Vincent Price Egghead, etc., I really can't complain that they took a chance making dolls for a 47-year-old TV series you can't even get (legally) on DVD.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I "bat"caved and bought it. It can hold 12 figures in 8" size. I can put the Mattel figures in there and my old Mego figures.
svl

Post by svl »

Do you have it in hand yet, Sza?

I've been friendly "bat-harassing" them on Facebook about not showing the figs in process. They completely ignore any and all Bat requests by me and anyone else. That and the fact that they haven't been here (THE place to pimp '66) has me starting to think these figs are just "fig"ments of their imaginations...
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Not yet. Their store on Amazon had 3 left. The other variants had 15 or 16 so someone is buying the 66 Batman version.

I expect to get it sometime next week.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

It shipped out of Los Angeles, but I may not receive the before my trip.

Anyone know if these are available in Germany?
Love to get some foreign language packaging...
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

The case arrived on 9/10. ordered through Amazon, but fulfilled through Entertainment Earth. However I am in Germany, so I'll post some interior pictures on Saturday upon my return. My wife said it was a big box. I thanked her for my 29th wedding anniversary present.

I can't wait to see what I bought her....

Wiedersehen! Tshuss!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

So, are we saying that these 1966 Batman related figures are out? I'm a bit confused here.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just ordered the case. Probably not the figures. I would love to buy a figure of the 1960's Cooper halloween costume that someone made as a custom.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

So, are we saying that these 1966 Batman related figures are out? I'm a bit confused here.

John
The carry case is out, the first "repro Mego's" are due soon (in three waves stretching out to next Spring) but so far theres been frustratingly little information about the status of the '66 line.

Just to add to the unease, Figures is taking the WWE to court for trying to renege on a contract that lets them produce reproduction wrestling belts. Word is this lucrative contract is the bread and butter of the company, so if the contract falls through all their planned projects could be in doubt (and they have a LOT of planned projects...maybe too many).
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

They called me yesterday to inform me that the Batman Mego line is now pushed back until December and wanted to know if I wanted to cancel my pre order.
I decided to cancel and just wait until they're ready.

This gets me wondering how long it will take before we see the Batman 66 line?
rickkrefft

Post by rickkrefft »

I prepaid with PayPal for wave 1 and Penguin and Catwoman of wave 2 and they didn't call me asking if I wanted to cancel or tell me the orders have been pushed back. Very weird. I think we all should have been called to see if we want to cancel or not. I can live without the redo Megos as I have my originals, but I really want the Batman 66 stuff (at least Batman, Robin, Penguin, Joker, Riddler and Catwoman)
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »

I hope we still get the '66 Batman figures. I get the feeling we won't.

Mike
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

In this case, silence is not golden.
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

rickkrefft wrote:I prepaid with PayPal for wave 1 and Penguin and Catwoman of wave 2 and they didn't call me asking if I wanted to cancel or tell me the orders have been pushed back. Very weird. I think we all should have been called to see if we want to cancel or not. I can live without the redo Megos as I have my originals, but I really want the Batman 66 stuff (at least Batman, Robin, Penguin, Joker, Riddler and Catwoman)
I used my debit card.
I don't know if there is a difference or not but the man that I spoke with said that preorders can only stay in the system for so long and because these figures have taken so long, they needed to update the system.
That was the reason for the call.