66 Toys Heck Yeah!!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Eli

66 Toys Heck Yeah!!!

Post by Eli »

I'm 17 and I love the 1966 Batman tv series, I know weird right, well as soon as I heard that they were going to bring back the tv series through a comic book I got so excited that my mom said "do I have to put you back in diapers again" I said "haha very funny mom" but clearly she did not understand. When I walked into the comic book shop and saw on the shelf the second issue of "Batman '66" my whole face lit up as if the tv screen was right in front of me putting a big smile on my face and as soon as I opened the pages of this amazing comic the comic book guy said "$3.99" me "okay". So I payed it and went home and began to read. I opened it and right away my imagination went wild, it brought me back to the first time watching "Batman the Movie" with my dad and at that moment I realized this Batman was pure, he wasn't mean he was happy a nice Batman for once. And that's why what I love about it because watching the batman movie, reading the comic and getting the action figures made me feel happy, gave me and my dad joy and left me feeling excited that Batman and Robin saved the day. This feeling is unlike any other and I wouldn't give anything in the world for it.

So with that being said I would like to share with you my new Batman 1966 action figures.

Sincerely,
Eli

THIS IS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!!! Okay just had to get that out of the way.
Attachments
IMG_0105 (800x598) (640x478).jpg
IMG_0101 (598x800).jpg

Yellow Oval

Re: Got mine today!

Post by Yellow Oval »

They look great. I'm still not sure what to do with mine. I keep hearing Brad Pitt from Se7en loudly saying - "Take 'em outta the booooooxxxxxx......" (OK, so he said something slightly different in the film :lol: )
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"

Robin's Girl

Re: 66 Toys Heck Yeah!!!

Post by Robin's Girl »

Very cool! And always fun to see someone *close* to my age excited about the best Batman... ;) I would take them out of the box at least to put in poses from the show, hmm? :lol: Now all you need is the Batmobile. ;)
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman

svl

Post by svl »

Beyond cool, Eli. Enjoy the goodies, but more importantly enjoy these moments with your dad. I still cherish mine from way back when the show was originally on. :)

Eli

Post by Eli »

Okay I couldn't help myself so write your best caption!! :D
Attachments
IMG_0107 (478x640).jpg

BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

I'm enjoying seeing all the Bat-memorabilia on your walls. These figures are just the icing on the cake. I'm enjoying having them too, and I'm 30, born in 1983, almost 20 years after the show started airing.

This show was everything to me growing up.

Did you see the art print by Tom Whalen from San Diego Comic Con? I bought one cause it was FANTASTIC, and I'm in the process of getting it framed to hang up. Look it up on eBay if you haven't seen it!!!
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."

Eli

Post by Eli »

Robin: "Holy magician's it's the amazing Eli!"
Batman: "Yes Robin, some days you just can't get rid of an Eli."
Me: "Hi"
Attachments
IMG_0116 (478x640).jpg

Bat Roy

Post by Bat Roy »

mate that's so cool I'm 26 years old and I'am a huge fan of everything batman more so 66 me and my brother cosplay he dresses as robin and his 20 and I dress as batman,all the new merch is way cool it takes me back to being a kid when they repeated the old show on tv again and the movie :D well done on that display :D pure west :D

Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is a great thread!

Great to have you with us Eli! Your enthusiasm is so sincere and I see a lot of my slightly younger self in the way you talk so fondly of the show.

I joined this board when I was literally 13 years old, I had my 23rd Birthday just last month :)

I love the fact we have such a wide age range here, but essentially we are brought together by the exact same child-like adoration of a TV show.

Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

I am as old as the 1966 Batman tv series 47 years young and still LOVE the show!!! :) :) I LOVE all the toys I grew up with the show it is still so AMAZING!!!! :) :) All we need now is the 1966 Batman TV series on DVD!!!! :) :)

Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

HAHA very cool second picture. And - wait - is that the end of the BATMOBILE seen in the corner? :lol:

I am also excited to find out the varied age range on the board and how many people are close to my age of 24.

I wish I could think of a good caption for the first photo with the Riddler...but I'm just not that witty. That said, here goes nothing.

Robin: Holy surprise guest! It's the Riddler!
Batman: I don't suppose you'll let us in...?

Um, can I try a caption for the second photo?

Robin: Holy salutations!
Batman: Citizen, be careful with how far you lean! You could fall out the window!

Alrighty. And I just want to say that I love the black and white B&R photo in the background of the first picture. :)
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman

Eli

Post by Eli »

Robin's Girl wrote:HAHA very cool second picture. And - wait - is that the end of the BATMOBILE seen in the corner? :lol:

I am also excited to find out the varied age range on the board and how many people are close to my age of 24.

I wish I could think of a good caption for the first photo with the Riddler...but I'm just not that witty. That said, here goes nothing.

Robin: Holy surprise guest! It's the Riddler!
Batman: I don't suppose you'll let us in...?

Um, can I try a caption for the second photo?

Robin: Holy salutations!
Batman: Citizen, be careful with how far you lean! You could fall out the window!

Alrighty. And I just want to say that I love the black and white B&R photo in the background of the first picture. :)
Hi Robin's Girl, yes you are correct that is the batmobile! So here is the full picture with me and my dad in the batmobile taken at the, I want to say 2006 but I am not sure, motor city comic con.

And I love your caption very funny stuff! :D

Eli :)
Attachments
Scan 180 (640x510).jpg

Eli

Post by Eli »

Here are some more pictures from the Motor City comic con.

I was about 9 or 10 at the time and I got distracted by something on the table Adam was using and my dad took the picture when I wasn't looking but I still got my picture taken with Adam West :D
Attachments
DSC00148 (640x480).jpg
Yes sadly I was looking down at the wrong time
Yes sadly I was looking down at the wrong time
DSC00157 (640x480).jpg
DSC00143 (640x480).jpg
DSC00141 (640x480).jpg
DSC00140 (480x640).jpg

Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

What a great experience, Eli! Thanks for sharing your pictures. :)

Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

What great photos! I wish I'd got to meet that group of stars at such a young age!
Cheers,
Terry