Batman 66 Halloween costumes

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
CapedCrusader83

Batman 66 Halloween costumes

Post by CapedCrusader83 »

I'm so loving the new Batman 66 merchandise! This is a childhood dream come true. Add to the list Batman 66 costumes for Halloween:

http://comicsalliance.com/classic-1966- ... -costumes/

:mrgreen:
elmrgraham

Re: Batman 66 Halloween costumes

Post by elmrgraham »

Pretty Sharp Costumes.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

i just received my BATGIRL costume today,,,in one word ???? unbelievable !!!!!!.am waiting for the DYNAMIC DUO also !! p,s you maay wanna shop around..i paid $99.00 total with free ship & it INCLUDED the red wig,,which is NOT included in above ad !
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

chetchumley wrote:i just received my BATGIRL costume today,,,in one word ???? unbelievable !!!!!!.am waiting for the DYNAMIC DUO also !! p,s you maay wanna shop around..i paid $99.00 total with free ship & it INCLUDED the red wig,,which is NOT included in above ad !
So, is your Batgirl costume part of the Grand Heritage/Rubies costumes discussed in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1513&hilit=gRAND+HERITAGE

Jim K
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

thats the one jim..RUBIES COSTUMES...and as i said earlier,,,the quality is great,,was very surprised,,cannot wait for BATMAN & ROBIN
:o
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Wow, I'm surprised that the quality is good. Could you post some pictures?
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

This has my interest, citizen. ;)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
svl

Post by svl »

Pics of the actual costume you received, pretty please. :)
HelloJodi

Post by HelloJodi »

Mine is shipping and I'll post photos when I get it! If it comes with a red wig I'll gladly give it to someone who needs it: I already have her hair color. :)
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

sorry to tell you JODI,,,but the wig is part of the cowl...and unable to seperate the two ??? as for photos i will try to post some soon...
HelloJodi

Post by HelloJodi »

The wig is only tacked on and it's pretty easy to remove. The bigger problem is my cowl has no ears! And both gloves are right handed! I already called to return and order new. Cross your fingers for me.
HelloJodi

Post by HelloJodi »

Earless cowl:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90686461@N00/9684829217/
It took me a moment after I put it on to figure out what was wrong. And yes, the wig is attached but it is loosely basted on by hand - it's very easy to remove without damaging either.
Batgirl has 2 right hands!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90686461@N00/9684828999/
The gloves are really stretchy so I really could wear them as-is, but I'm already exchanging it due to the ear thing.
Here's the whole thing minus cowl:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90686461@N00/9688096876/
The quality is about what you'd expect. My apologies for the lack of purple booties. :) But that should give you an idea of how long the legs are. I have an ultra long torso and short legs and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't too short in the body. I'm about a size 10 and got the medium, though they're sized pretty generously so I mighta been alright with the small. In fact, the utility belt was WAY too big, but that's an easy alteration. All in all, I give it a solid "That'll Do!" with a "worth the price of not having to sew it myself."
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Thanks for posting pix.

Yes, I'd say your hair is perfect as is!

Good lord, do the legs really come past your heel, or are they stirrups??

I'm pleasantly surprised by the overall look. Better than I expected, and MUCH better than what we've seen of the Batman.

Thanks again for the preview. Hope your eared cowl comes soon (what a weird omission)!

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
HelloJodi

Post by HelloJodi »

They also are stirrups but yes! The legs really are that long!

Do people have the Batman costume in stock already? I have it on preorder but I'd totally cancel that if I could find it right now.

And I forgot to mention, but if anyone wants suggestions on ways to get that 1960s silhouette, I will happily suggest the proper undergarments. :)
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

The Joker is not easy to find online and it says it's not shipping till the end of September...that's pretty late.

Has anyone seen these in stores? Like those big seasonal Halloween stores that open in empty retail spaces? I'd like to see it in person, but I'm wondering why such a late release date.