Batman 66 Halloween costumes

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
DavidCoppola

Re: Batman 66 Halloween costumes

Post by DavidCoppola »

Would really like to know how the Batman and Robin ones are....I'm surprised that they have not had them out yet with Halloween right around the corner.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Mine were supposed to ship last week and now website says 10/4.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
bj180sx

Post by bj180sx »

my daughters Batgirl costume came with 2 lefties if anyone has 2 righties lets trade.
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

As promised, here's what the Rubies Grand Heritage Batgirl costume looks like on a mannequin.
smallbatgirl1.jpg
This costume is a size small. The mannequin is a typically unrealistic, idealized female, about 5' 6", with a 34" bust and hips, with a very small waist. As you can see, there's plenty of room in the costume for someone bigger. The quality of the sewing is okay only - there are a number of places where there are skipped stitches (a common problem with stretch fabric), but nothing was really sewn "wrong." As has been noted elsewhere in this thread, the fabric is thin, and wouldn't survive vigorous use (or cold temps!), but for a couple days at a con, or one Halloween, or for display, it is instantly recognizable for what it's supposed to be. The cape is the best part of the ensemble - a decent weight satin, and fairly accurate shape. The belt is cheesy, but not as instantly destructible as the cowl/hood. This is where all the costumes really come up short, it seems - the crummy thin foam laminated (poorly) to a flimsy knit lining that sort of resembles tricot almost immediately rips to pieces. The cowl fits VERY tightly - mannequins have famously small heads, and the cowl was a challenge to get onto my mannequin (who didn't even have hair on her!).

Long story short, I'm glad I bought it. I'm pleased with the way it looks on display.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Looks great - have to see if the cowl can be reinforced somehow - but if it is a small as you say, could be difficult. Do you think anything could be done to make the ears stand straighter?

Looking forward to the Batman suit reviews when someone gets one.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Well, considering all of the other things about this costume that are "off," about the last thing on my list to worry about are the ears. Batgirl's ears, like Batman's were never really perfectly straight. So I'm okay with the way they are.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

So, is that a full wig you have under the cowl?
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

No, the costume comes with a partial wig attached to the hood. It's not entirely awful.

RRR
DrSparkey

Post by DrSparkey »

I know it's short notice but this site has 20% until midnight... I just bought my wife the 1966 Catwoman..with shipping $94 !

Use code: SAVE20CSC

1966 Catwoman Grand Heritage
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

rickrickrick wrote:No, the costume comes with a partial wig attached to the hood. It's not entirely awful.

RRR
That's great - good to know - thought my Batgirl would have to get a wig but now she won't!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

DrSparkey wrote:I know it's short notice but this site has 20% until midnight... I just bought my wife the 1966 Catwoman..with shipping $94 !

Use code: SAVE20CSC

1966 Catwoman Grand Heritage

Well, that worked for me! Just ordered a Batgirl costume for my Wife! It'll be a surprise gift for her (and me, let's be honest!), so wish me luck!

This means that I will have to finish my Batman costume within a year in time for next Halloween! So, heads up, Chuck Williams: I will be needing a cape sometime in the coming months! :lol:
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Has NO ONE bought the Catwoman costume? It is one of the few of this line that you can find in stock anywhere. I don't think ANYPLACE is showing Batman in stock, a few are showing the Riddler in stock, and only a couple show Robin and the Joker in stock. Batgirl, strangely, seems readily available.

I'm dying to see what the Catwoman costume looks like in person. The two prototype product photos that Rubies has put out there are VASTLY different from one another. One actually shows the model wearing a genuine fish scale belt and very accurate replica necklace - which couldn't POSSIBLY be what you really get. The other prototype photo shows an absolutely terrible necklace and awful belt, and no collar on the catsuit. So, what does it REALLY look like?

Anyone? Bueller?

RRR
DrSparkey

Post by DrSparkey »

rickrickrick wrote:Has NO ONE bought the Catwoman costume? It is one of the few of this line that you can find in stock anywhere. I don't think ANYPLACE is showing Batman in stock, a few are showing the Riddler in stock, and only a couple show Robin and the Joker in stock. Batgirl, strangely, seems readily available.

I'm dying to see what the Catwoman costume looks like in person. The two prototype product photos that Rubies has put out there are VASTLY different from one another. One actually shows the model wearing a genuine fish scale belt and very accurate replica necklace - which couldn't POSSIBLY be what you really get. The other prototype photo shows an absolutely terrible necklace and awful belt, and no collar on the catsuit. So, what does it REALLY look like?

Anyone? Bueller?

RRR
I bought the wife the Catwoman suit and it should be here next Thursday...I'll do my best to get some pics up. From what I have seen both stock pics are the same costume one of them just has the necklace all bunched up.

The site were I bought the Catwoman does show the '66 Batman in stock (in standard size)

1966 Batman Standard Size

And it looks like the 20% off is still good !!

Thanks,
-Trey :D
Dark Detective

Post by Dark Detective »

If anyone is interested, the dc comics website has the 1966 batman costumes on sale.

John
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Hey all - just got the GH Batsuit today and these are my first reactions and the first batch of photos are in this post which may be edited or supplemented as I go along.

I must say that it's made of pretty nice weight polyester and polyurethane foam that should hold up pretty good in active wear. It came in a fairly decent gray/clear zip-up suit bag for transport/storage. I'll list each piece and describe as best as possible:

The Cowl:
Surprisingly it does a good job creating a AW look from a straight on view with fairly accurate though not symmetrical eyebrow and nose lines. But the cowl is nonetheless poor quality and was not shipped very well - folded fairly flat inside a non-reclosable flimsy cellophane bag that holds the cowl, briefs, gloves & boot-toppers.

The cowl front is made of foam like that material seen in a Rubie's cowl prototype posted somewhere out here (only this time with ears!) and has a pleated polyester covering (similar to a CW cowl) that is well attached for the back side of your head. Think of the stunt cowl that another poster on this board made - no solidity. After opening, it will require some re-shaping & that might only be possible by wearing it for a while but you will probably have several non-fixable and noticeable creases in the foam because of the folding. It would have been much better if they had made a plastic shell for it but that would have changed the packaging and undoubtedly, the price.

It's also tight under my chin for the Velcro closure, for which there is only 1 small piece of velcro where it meets the chin - you may wish to add on another piece of Velcro at the bottom to keep it from flapping open. Ears are thin but somewhat rigid foam and a little too far forward because the foam face piece is the only solid material to affix them to. They also might need to be bended back into position when you reshape the cowl for wearing.

Gloves: So far, these are the 2nd most disappointing piece. They are very tight fitting around some but not all of the fingers which means an error in production specs or actual sewing. (I'm 5-10', 170-ish, thin hands) so this was a bit of a surprise. They also don't go up my arm as far as I was expecting and you should be careful when removing them as I caught a string on one of the fingertips that I'll have to fix.

Cape: Adequate weight material. Nice Velcro closure for around neck. Not very sweeping to the sides but ok in length, bat-shape and durability. Think of how AW looks with the cape snapped up, take away some of that and know that there's not much additional material to extend outward to form your own shadow of the bat.

Trunks are form-fitting with elastic waist and leg holes. Should do the job.

Boot-toppers: Foam, covered by light weight material and elastic foot-band.

Utility Belt
: Made almost entirely of foam of varying thickness, including the belt part itself. Has wide Velcro adjustment so it should fit most. Pouches are glued to belt (not completely on some) with fake snap and on mine, there is some foam residue that needs to be trimmed. The buckle is impressive - metal and has protective plastic coating that peels off when you are ready to use. I suppose you might even be able to save it for storage use. Not the best but the belt will pass for the illusion needed.

Jump-suit/Unitard: Nice construction, flexible, comfortable, acceptable light gray color, thin zipper in the back requires someone to zip u up and a thin turtle neck top. No stirrups at the leg holes. Bat emblem is nicely printed upon a sewn-on piece of foam & looks good but was placed a little too high in relation to the cowl base. When others get theirs, we'll have to find out if the emblem placement varies. (I would consider having the emblem relocated to chest center as the cowl/cape tends to come to close to obscuring part of it. This would probably leave an oval pattern of sew holes at the original location but for proper visual, it would be a minor thing.)

The blue color is brighter than the stock promo photo and may disappoint some, especially if you are at a stage where you have a CW cowl and/or cape but not everything else yet. They've gone for the 1960s/70s comic book color blue, a royal blue type color, and while it is by no means displeasing, it doesn't contrast the greatest with the CW navy blue. Here are some pix - more pix to follow in another post as 6 is the max per post.
Attachments
6 GH Batsuit Cowl CU 3 rear.jpg
6 GH Batsuit Cowl CU 3 rear.jpg (23.14 KiB) Viewed 6971 times
5 GH Batsuit Cowl CU 2 side.jpg
5 GH Batsuit Cowl CU 2 side.jpg (23.32 KiB) Viewed 6971 times
4 GH Batsuit Cowl CU 1 angle me.jpg
4 GH Batsuit Cowl CU 1 angle me.jpg (21.43 KiB) Viewed 6971 times
3 GH Batsuit Side pose 1.jpg
3 GH Batsuit Side pose 1.jpg (11.46 KiB) Viewed 6971 times
2 GH Batsuit Back pose 1.jpg
2 GH Batsuit Back pose 1.jpg (14.37 KiB) Viewed 6971 times
1 GH Batsuit front pose 1.jpg