An Announcement From Yvonne Craig

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

An Announcement From Yvonne Craig

Post by Scott Sebring »

You're the first to hear it.
Hey Bat Fans!
To all of you who’ve been asking: I'm pleased to announce that I’ve just signed a licensing agreement with Warner Brothers so expect to see Batgirl toys etc. on the market in the very near future. I look forward to seeing what they make.
Best Bat Wishes!
Yvonne
ImageImage

Ben Bentley

Re: An Announcement From Yvonne Craig

Post by Ben Bentley »

This is great news! I know a lot of people here will be very pleased to read this!

Darknite69

Post by Darknite69 »

I'm very pleased to hear this. I look forward to seeing what they can do, as they did all the other figures rather well. Besides what's Batman without Batgirl?

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yvonne, that's wonderful news! I'm glad they finally did the right thing by you. You deserve it! My family will be so pleased to hear this. Thanks to you and Scott for sharing this!

John Mack and family
Tucson, AZ
Music. BAT! Music.

Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

YAY! Now we just MIGHT get a screen accurate Batgirl figure from FTC!

Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Simply WONDERFUL! Thanks for the good news, Scott!

Celticsfan

Post by Celticsfan »

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing, Scott and Yvonne!

I hope this means that Mattel will continue the 6 inch figures line. At the very least, I hope they give us a Batgirl figure.

I know Mattel has a few lines of figures that are sold exclusively on their website, Mattycollector.com. If they decide to no longer make the 66 line available at retail, it would be cool to see them offer the figures that way. I would just really love to see this line continue after Catwoman.

NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Great news to start my Sunday! As much as I like the merchandise that is coming our way, it somehow seemed incomplete without Batgirl. Are you listening, Mattel? Hot Toys?

Thank you, Yvonne....and thank you for breaking this news, Scott.

PS Open, free suggestion to Mattel: Batgirl with action kick. Similar to the Super Powers line, a button on Batgirl's back releases her leg to kick the bad guys.

Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Congratulations!!!!

Looking forward to seeing what develops.

All the best,
Chuck...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!
http://www.williamsstudio2.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info

Catgreg

Post by Catgreg »

Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

svl

Post by svl »

Holy icebergs, Batman! No wonder it's so cold in Chicago today, Hell froze over!

Good to see Warners finally pulled their cowls outta their Bat-butts and did the right thing.

Yay for Yvonne! And a big yay for us!!!!! Now let's just hope it's not too late and Mattel surprises us with not only a 6" Batgirl, but a Batgirl cycle to go with it!!!!!!

svl

Post by svl »

Riddlersgurl wrote:YAY! Now we just MIGHT get a screen accurate Batgirl figure from FTC!
IF we get anything at all from FTC (I am not holding my breath on this one), let's just hope they don't Boss Hogg/JR/Kiss/Evel Knievel the figs...

Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!

I was over at the museum, and there has been a lot of finger pointing in Yvonne's direction over this. Now mind you, I don't know the full details of what was going on between her and Warner Bros.; it's not really any of my business after all.

However, I'd like to know why some people seem to think that it was all HER fault that an agreement couldn't be reached? That sort of thing is supposed to be a two way street, isn't it? I have no idea as to the business practices of Warner Bros., but from some of the rumors I've heard, they made a rather insulting offer, and she simply wanted her fair share.

Is that such a bad thing?

HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

So how was the Catwoman figure supposed to be released? Is it part of a case assortment with existing figures? It's weird the way that one is being held back by itself. I wonder if Mattel has a Batgirl ready it could manufacture and ship with Catwoman...?

QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

Wonderful News Scott. Congrats Yvonne.Thank you and Yvonne for sharing the news with the group.
my wife is my Batgirl