Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
60s TV Fan

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by 60s TV Fan »

Wonderful news! Now, we just have to hope for a set full of extras. Somehow, I have the feeling that after such a long, highly anticipated wait, the set's producers will do a great job and blow us away!
Leonardo Bat Vinci

Post by Leonardo Bat Vinci »

I just logged on before going to sleep and I read the news!!!!!

Can't wait to hear the release details (special features, formats, etc.) and release date!!!!!!
I'm just going to hang around the bar. I don't want to look conspicuous.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

I am so elated. This is awesome news. It will be fun to wait and watch for the official announcement and see what they have in store.

I would hope that they do a Bluray, DVD, Digital Copy Combo for this series like they do for THE BIG BANG THEORY and other popular series.

When the Michael Keaton BATMAN movie came out in 1989, I wondered why the 1966 series wasn't released on VHS and couldn't figure it out. Here we are, 25 years later, and it is now going to happen.

My birthday is January 27th so I am taking this announcement today as an early birthday present; Christmas too. Holy box of goodies!
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Holy I-Don't-Believe-My-Eyes!
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Holy trapped in time! This is spectacular news, indeed!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Holy legal entanglements! Such wonderful news! One can only believe that Warners/DC, knowing the enthusiastic and knowledgeable fan base, took their time on the negotiations and licensing to see to it that music would not have to be changed or cameos cut out. Because if there are changes made, they WILL be pointed out and bemoaned! Such changes on DVD sets like the Munsters or Green Acres (and many other 1960 era TV shows) left such a bitter taste in the mouth of their fans. I think Warners will do this one right.

But whether it is DVD, Bluray, Laserdisc, Single Season Sets, or two-episodes-per-VHS Tape, my husband and I will buy them ALL!!!!! :D
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

Wow!

That's incredible!

I can't wait to see the packaging and special features!
IdolGirl01

Post by IdolGirl01 »

I'm glad the Batman Series is finally coming to DVD I bet it will be different than bootleg, I think I'll buy the real one when it comes out.
Darren Nemeth

Post by Darren Nemeth »

IdolGirl01 wrote:I'm glad the Batman Series is finally coming to DVD I bet it will be different than bootleg, I think I'll buy the real one when it comes out.
I am looking forward to sending the 22+ DVD-R set bootleg to the trash.

That music used in the menus was ANNOYING, among other things! :P

This week someone at another forum posted a short clip of him projecting one of his 35mm broadcast prints (not 16mm but 35mm). It is in mint condition with no color fade. After watching his video I kind of got depressed that I will never see the show in such quality.

Now that the home video is coming true, the news has caused a HUGE pick up in my mood!!!
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
http://batboat.blogspot.com/
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

It's been a "BAT-TASTIC"day for us Bat-Fans! :D

No better time to be a fan of the Batman TV Series!!!

Now, let's just hope that the episodes ARE intact and that there will be special features and commentary added!...

...AND that this isn't all some EVIL STUNT engineered by that "Prince of Pranks," Conan O'Brien! :o

(Scott - Time to have Wally contact Fred for the low-down! ;) )

"THE BEST IS YET TO COME!!!..."
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

The mainstream media needs to brush up on Bat-facts:
Indianapolis Star wrote:That tweet, featuring a photo of Conan from 2012, was quickly confirmed by David Lambert of TVShowsOnDVD.com, though details of the release -- season sets? complete series? Blu-ray? extras? -- have yet to be announced. Though it ran for only just over two calendar years, the show finished with 120 episodes in the can thanks to its twice-daily schedule during the first two years of its run. (A feature film released between the second and third seasons featuring most of the notable villains has long been available on DVD and Blu-ray.)
Could the home video release trigger another wave of Bat-mania? Or as a Batman fan am I just overestimating the potential impact of the DVD's?
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

After the show is released on home video, I would love it if someone would explain why it took over 25 years to make this happen. I know the FOX/DC/WB battle but I would love to know what the negotiations were and why the sides were so adamant.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
Ktrek

Post by Ktrek »

Amazing! I was just searching yesterday again to see if there were any updates about this getting released. I kept hoping against hope that someday we would see an official release. Like Darren said above I too will be happy to trash my bootleg copies the day these are released. I hope that they release the whole series at once and not by season.

Kevin
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Hi guys! Just home from work in Sydney, and stunned to read the news... ( as soon as I saw 4 pages clocked up in one day, I realised there was something big going on!!!)
Like everyone else, I am over the moon and can't wait to see what the set will include.
What a fantastic time to be a 66 Batfan!
Now off to have a celebratory drink (or two ,,,,)
Terry
VABatfan

Post by VABatfan »

What a great way to celebrate Batman's 75th!!! I don't know any of you guys personally so I don't know if its proper to call you by first name or not but I have lurked for a long time and I think it was Lee that said a couple of years back to watch Batman's 75th!!!

Allow me to toot my own horn in celebration...my own post 7/20/13...

Re: Batman Series featured on SDCC DC Giveaway

by » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:37 pm

I am the newbie here, but two things occur to me. It wasn't just one source fanning these flames there were folks, knowledgeable folks all across the 'net saying this was it. There is some fire in this smoke somewhere. Another point, these denials seem awfully carefully worded. There is no way in my opinion WB/Fox would license all this stuff w/o the source material being at least in the pipeline for a release. Keep in mind, next year is Batman's 75th anniversary. That must be celebrated. There is no movie on the list to be released, so the question is how will WB mark the occasion?
My guess we will have the set in our hands sometime in 2014. It all adds up...
VABatfan Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:42 pm