Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
VABatfan

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by VABatfan »

I would have to guess that all video is cleared. What may not be is music. The A-Team releases have missing music as does Hunter. I just hope they will release a complete bonus library, I would not mind to see the movie part of the set even though its been out for years. Hopefully, Back to the Batcave as well. This series deserves Six Million Dollar Man treatment but with WB involved not holding my breath. The SMDM is the most complete dvd collection I have ever seen.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Actually, Warner handling the video release is a *good* sign there won't be any music issues. Warner video has been scrupulous in releasing their TV series with all music fully cleared. If they have problems with clearance then the release is held up until its resolved. This is why for instance, they have not yet released their late 50s early 60s detective shows like "77 Sunset Strip" through the Warner Archive program. They also took more than a couple years to get full clearance for "Dr. Kildare". So I would be optimistic that all clearance problems music wise have been taken care of.
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

wow. I still cant believe it. The Holy Grail of shows that hasnt been released to DVD is finally getting released. Lets hope its not on blu-ray with cropped off top and bottom to fit in a widescreen format like HUB did with the series last year!!! Again, with all the music and guest apperances, the cuts will be interesting..
Darren Nemeth

Post by Darren Nemeth »

Regarding what the quality of the color of the show will look like I just put something up on YouTube.

It is a short clip of a collector projecting his 35mm print of an episode in his home this last week.

This is 35mm not 16mm and was printed in the 1980s on low fade stock.

You see it in widescreen because I think that is what size his screen is. The actual print is full frame TV aspect ratio.

Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7eYH7pn ... e=youtu.be
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
http://batboat.blogspot.com/
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

TheBlueHombre wrote:After the show is released on home video, I would love it if someone would explain why it took over 25 years to make this happen. I know the FOX/DC/WB battle but I would love to know what the negotiations were and why the sides were so adamant.
I am sure it will be a book. They will be studying it in universities for years to come...

I would love a "tour of the Batcave" hosted by Alfred as a special feature. While it's not possible, I'll bet there's enough footage around that some enterprising film student could create it. Actually Adam could host the special feature. Hmmmm?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
RetroBat

Post by RetroBat »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That says it all!!!
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

Will the Green Hornet be next?
Darren Nemeth

Post by Darren Nemeth »

I hope so! Both were great shows. :)
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
GothamCity66

Post by GothamCity66 »

Way to GoGo!!!!!
Waterratt

Post by Waterratt »

Wow, this is awesome news, time to start saving my change and cashing in my deposit bottles!! I can't wait!!
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

Hopefully, it'll be sold in both a complete set as well as individual seasons, so it would be user friendly to us all. When the 2-disc "Holy Batmania" set came out 10 years ago, it sparked off some hope of this very occasion as well as discussions of whether to get "complete" or "season by season". Unless there are some really good bonus features, I'd probably just go for 1 and 2.
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

I would like to see it include the full version of the 'ABC New Season' program if they are able to use it. We had that on an old grey market VHS tape bought at Comiket but I loaned it out and never got it back. :( There is a bit of it on various Batmania-type tapes that were released commercially but not the whole thing.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

According to an "industry insider" on the Home Theater Forum, Warner is currently doing HD scans from the original 35mm elements.

Check out the image he shared:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... ?p=4042202

Now that's very exciting!
Darren Nemeth

Post by Darren Nemeth »

If that poster at the Home Theatre Forum is involved with the home video release you can expect it to be top quality.

Remember those Batman outtakes that appeared on eBay a while back?? That gent was the seller. :)

He was also instrumental in finding the original used and unused elements for Magical Mystery Tour and Let It Be and is the head of the 3-D Archive (http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/), to name a few.

If he is part of this project, you can be sure it is going to be a top notch release. He is well respected within the film industry.

This is something where no expense is spared.
Attachments
batmanouttakes1.JPG
batmanouttakes1.JPG (49.39 KiB) Viewed 7226 times
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
LA Batfan

Post by LA Batfan »

Just spoke to Adam on my radio show re: the DVD release this morning. He doesn't have many specific details yet, but did say he's in talks with Warners re: doing some commentary tracks. Sounds promising!