Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
JWLJN

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by JWLJN »

I'd really, really, really prefer that "hoax" Blu-Ray packaging that surfaced...

-J\/\/
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »

With the Man From U.N.C.L.E movie being made, I wouldn't doubt we will see that series on DVD soon as well.

Mike
redbird

Post by redbird »

Man from U.N.C.L.E. has been available as a complete series for a couple of years on Dvd comes in an attache case. Bought it 2 years ago in costco. Available on ebay as well. But can't wait 66 Batman release date, wonder if it will be some date as Hot Toys April Release of the Action Figures of Adam and Burt...already pre ordered from sideshow collectables.
batman1984

Post by batman1984 »

i think this is awesome news, i can't wait get the series, on dvd, it is going to be awesome.
bat lugosi

Post by bat lugosi »

Such awesome news! I will be happy enough having it officially on DVD but I do hope It's available on blu ray. The question I have been asking myself is do I grab it right away, or put it on the Christmas list, I would like to view it when I have some time off. Depends when it comes out, If It's out before September I probably won't be able to help myself, I'll have to grab it.
Nick Charles

Post by Nick Charles »

bat lugosi wrote:Such awesome news! I will be happy enough having it officially on DVD but I do hope It's available on blu ray. The question I have been asking myself is do I grab it right away, or put it on the Christmas list, I would like to view it when I have some time off. Depends when it comes out, If It's out before September I probably won't be able to help myself, I'll have to grab it.
If the transfers of the 35mm elements are just now happening and if Adam is still in negotiations about participating I don't see how this could happen before Q4. I'd love to be wrong but none of us want a release that's less than top notch and those take time.
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

WB could have been working on them from last year when all the toys were coming out. They could have been working on them since the SD Comic Con. I am just so Happy that we are going to get a DVD Box Set WOOOOHOOOO!!! :) :) This is 1966 Batman History for 2014 to get the # 1 1966 Batman TV Series on DVD SO AWESOME!!!! :) :) Happy, Happy, Happy!!!! :) :)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I heard Hot Toys Batman being released in the Summer but I can't remember where I heard it, and I'd bet the DVDs out in the Fall.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I do remember the stall with THE MAN FROM UNCLE. but the series did get released.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Man From UNCLE was released on DVD back in December 2007. It's been around that long. "Girl From UNCLE" wasn't released until 2011 by Warner Archive along with the feature length Man From UNCLE movies expanded from TV episodes for overseas releases.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Figure Christmas. I can't think of a single 66 Batman item being available for sale when the press release indicated it would be. Case in point is the latest Elite Batmobile with figures - the original date was Sept 2013, now it is February 2014. Quality takes time!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

I just went into Amazon and signed up to be alerted when this is available. Actually, I was jubilant when I heard another of my long-time favorite series "Mary Hartman Mary Hartman" was available intact (on 38 discs) and started putting away for it, then the other day, I heard about Batman, so..."MH MH" will have to wait for a little while. Mary Hartman goes for between 150 and 200, depending on the website from which it's ordered. Batman didn't have as many episodes, so I don't see it filling up as many DVD's, so I wouldn't think the complete box set to be as expensive. :?:
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Szabol wrote:Figure Christmas. I can't think of a single 66 Batman item being available for sale when the press release indicated it would be. Case in point is the latest Elite Batmobile with figures - the original date was Sept 2013, now it is February 2014. Quality takes time!
Szabol, the Elite Batmobile with figures is out already. I picked mine up this past Thursday at my comic shop.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Yellow Oval wrote:
Szabol wrote:Figure Christmas. I can't think of a single 66 Batman item being available for sale when the press release indicated it would be. Case in point is the latest Elite Batmobile with figures - the original date was Sept 2013, now it is February 2014. Quality takes time!
Szabol, the Elite Batmobile with figures is out already. I picked mine up this past Thursday at my comic shop.
Yes, I picked mine up in mid December. I think someone posted photos of it on the 1966 Batmobile forum. There's also a photo in the batch I posted of my husband's New Year's gifts in the 'Latest Batman Item' thread. I love the box it comes in!
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

AndyFish wrote:I heard Hot Toys Batman being released in the Summer but I can't remember where I heard it,...
Sideshow still has it as April, TFAW as May 28. I kind of hope it is later since there are a lot of other Batman items coming out in March and April (maybe they will be delayed, too!).
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!