Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Scott Sebring »

Okay. Point made. Let's move AWAY from The Wonder Years. Thank you. ;)

Just directing traffic...
batsman

Post by batsman »

This isn't directed any specific board member, but I'm going to say it :
Hi Diddle Riddle.jpg

There's no way I will buy a transfer that looks like that, with the dark murky look and colors.

The costume yes, looks correct, but there are so many other things that don't look right.

It's wrong.

This isn't what I want to see on a DVD or Blu-Ray set.
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

As long as it's 100% uncut. And looks THAT great... :-)
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

Are ALL the rights cleared? Even for the ones pertaining to Ms. Gore?
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

batsman wrote:This isn't directed any specific board member, but I'm going to say it :
Hi Diddle Riddle.jpg

There's no way I will buy a transfer that looks like that, with the dark murky look and colors.

The costume yes, looks correct, but there are so many other things that don't look right.

It's wrong.

This isn't what I want to see on a DVD or Blu-Ray set.
This image you are complaining about is not from work being done to prep the show for DVD. It was posted by Bob Furmanek on Home Theater Forum (post 752 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... 49/page-38). He later explained that it was taken from a 35mm print struck in the 1990s (post 774 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... 49/page-39). Although he thinks the image looks great, he expects the final transfer to be better.
batsman

Post by batsman »

Bookworm wrote:
This image you are complaining about is not from work being done to prep the show for DVD. It was posted by Bob Furmanek on Home Theater Forum (post 752 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... 49/page-38). He later explained that it was taken from a 35mm print struck in the 1990s (post 774 http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/3 ... 49/page-39). Although he thinks the image looks great, he expects the final transfer to be better.
As long as it's not dark and murky.

Since we're talking about the pilot, what's been cut from the broadcast version?

Some fans say there are scenes that haven't been shown since the first broadcast, what were those besides the next week bumpers?
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

Do we have any more news on extras or the release date?
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

batsman wrote:
Since we're talking about the pilot, what's been cut from the broadcast version?

Some fans say there are scenes that haven't been shown since the first broadcast, what were those besides the next week bumpers?
I started a new topic after giving a long-winded non-answer in this thread and realizing it was probably too far off topic from the DVD release.
marvelbloodhound wrote: Are ALL the rights cleared? Even for the ones pertaining to Ms. Gore?
Do we have any reason to think there'd be a problem with permission for her songs? Just curious.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I was just wondering if anyone else will be holding back for reports of the set from the professional reviewers before purchasing them. I pre-ordered ALF only to be burned badly there. Once bitten.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

ALF? I mean, really? Dude, you got what you deserved. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No...Just kidding. I won't be holding back on my review, Just ask Scott. Let's just say that self-expression isn't one of my problems. Stay tuned. My review will be here on day ONE of the video release. The second I see that there is NO "Batman in Color" bumper or the ABC TV lead in, or the next week's villain from part two, you'll know. I watched these episodes first run and all through their umpteen dozen syndicated releases, so you can trust my reviews.

Just curious....What was messed up with ALF? Realize, I watched a whole three episodes of that show back when.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

I do not think WB is going to show the ABC Logo I think WB will show there Logo. And then just show the Batman in Color bumber and next weeks villain. I will be shocked if they show the ABC Logo WB and DC owns the rights to Batman. So I do not think we will see the ABC Logo just WB Logo and maybe the DC Logo?? We shall see what WB does can not wait to get the box set so Happy, Happy!!!! :) :)
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Batguitarist wrote:
Just curious....What was messed up with ALF? Realize, I watched a whole three episodes of that show back when.

John
They released syndicated versions and if that wasn't cut enough, any music references were removed on top of that. One episode ran for 17 minutes.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

ALF appears to be released by Lions Gate, who like Paramount has a bad rep for releasing series. While I don't have ALF and I'm not interested in it, I do have THE ODD COUPLE and that has some editing that makes it less than a great set, but having said that, I'm still glad to have it since it's a show I liked as a kid. I'm not going to lock myself in the basement if BATMAN is edited, which I don't think it will be, I would just either send it back or sell it on Amazon, there are plenty of people who don't care who would buy it.

I can appreciate the passion the release is getting, I'm not all that picky about TV shows but I am a staunch advocate of letter boxing films, since pan and scan is the equivalent of watching a movie in a theater with a box on your head and a tiny square cut out of the front.

For BATMAN, it's my favorite show, I'll buy it and be delighted if it's dark like the stills here show and if it has all of the extra stuff uncut and included. If it doesn't meet my expectations I'll still keep it, it's my favorite show, and I will move on to things more important, like what's for dinner.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Because it needs repeating:
Scott Sebring wrote:***admin note***
Let's keep this about the upcoming DVD release and not about syndication, other non related releases...

... Anybody who wants to discuss this admin action needs to take it up with me via PM.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Here's to a very favourable review from Batguitarist for the upcoming DVD release.