Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by John Mack »

8-) Lets hope so.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... lly-671311

I'm not sure if this was stated yet, but this release will be a complete full series box set according to this report. I'm wondering if the box art will follow the toy art. Nice to have a bonus disc of scripts on PDF format, stills from the series, perhaps in cowl packaging like the batman begins series had,
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Can"t wait !
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

Does anyone know when the Batman 75 event is being held in New York? Is it the one on May 5th at the Paley Center?

I suspect we'll get some more details then. If not, it won't be until ComicCon in July. I also see from the Warner press release, that there is "Batman Day" scheduled at comic stores for July 23.
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Here's an update from tvshowsondvd.com:

Batman - Holy Timeframe, Batman! Burt Ward Says When to Expect the DVDs!

It's not official from the studio, and it could be subject to change, but it looks like we'll get it just in time for the holidays
Posted by David Lambert
4/10/2014

It was in mid-January - almost three months ago, now! - that we passed along the exciting news that Bat-fan Conan O'Brien tweeted (and confirmed by Warner Home Video) that the 1966 live-action Batman series would finally come to DVD later this year. Since then, we're still waiting on word from the studio about all the details...including that all-important release date!

This past weekend, April 4th-6th, the Wizard World St. Louis Comic Con 2014 was held, and among the MANY illustrious guests were both Adam West and Burt Ward. We didn't get to attend ourselves, but "Joe Comicbook" of ComicBook.com reported about it the other day. And that report is now going worldwide, with Yahoo UK spreading the word about it in their Movies section. What did they report about the DVDs? First of all, there's a timeframe! Burt Ward ("Robin") reportedly talked about it:

"Finally, after an innumerable number of years, our series is going to be coming out, all 120 episodes," said Ward. "I understand it's right at the end of November this year in time for Christmas."

The bold-faced emphasis is ours, but that's because we wanted to make sure nobody missed it! Both Ward and West also relayed to the crowd about how the previous week they had gone in to Warner - separately - to record bonus material that will be used on the DVD releases. They also explained how good they expect this release to look on your TV screens:

"And I also understand that they've really done a tremendous job digitally remastering our series so that it's really going to be just absolutely gorgeous on DVD. So I think you can look forward to a very, very high class product."

That's awesome to hear! Keep in mind that it is NOT official news from the studio, however, so the release time and the inclusion of bonus material is always subject to change, as Warner Home Video works to produce and finalize it all. Stay tuned, of course, and we'll keep you informed as further developments occur. Our thanks to one of our readers, "Frank," for the heads-up about this report!

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman-Pos ... z2yWyZZ4JX
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Szabol wrote: I'm wondering if the box art will follow the toy art.
I´m curious about it as well, as each item from the new merchandising doesn´t include an actual pic of the main actors, but drawings of them. I expect a colorful boxset, but with some familiar faces on it on pictures (and I hope they won´t go "dark" like the covers of some DVD/BluRay editions of the movie, changing West´s suit into a black and grey costume and putting him alone with a darker Gotham).

I hope they´ll include a lot of extras. This series deserves them.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Here's something to consider:

Some of these box set come with "vendor specific" special packaging or bonus materials.
Metal cases
Patterned cases (like the batcave, Batcowl, etc).
bonus like a Batlogo T shirt
Bonus premiere script (first couple of episodes)
Utility belt where each compartment keeps a number of discs - REALLY COOL IDEA

Any other ideas?
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I'd really like to hear definitive word on whether it will indeed be on Blu Ray. Seems a shame to waste all the restoration work on 480p.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Or maybe, just maybe the Riddler has left us holding clue and holding the bad!

Phil B

Post by Phil B »

"Both Ward and West also relayed to the crowd about how the previous week they had gone in to Warner - separately - to record bonus material that will be used on the DVD releases."

I've been hoping for such a news item. I was a little worried this has all been a cruel practical joke of some kind.
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

Does anyone have any idea of what the cost will be?
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

I am sure it will be expensive..Im guessing the 3 season set will be $49.99 for the DVDs and if there is Blu Rays, $69.99... I could be totally off on this guess though..As long as fans have waited, I just know Warner will cash in what they can...
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

It won't be that cheap for three seasons. I can't envision a boxed set of all three years for less than $80 or $100.
Gadgeteer

Post by Gadgeteer »

If we use Star Trek TOS as a guide, the price of these discs will be all over the place.
ST came out on DVD at about $100 a season if I remember right, I waited, then all 3 seasons at a cheaper price, I waited, Then Blu Ray, Same deal one season at a time then all 3 together at a better price. The ST TOS Blu Ray set of all 3 seasons on Amazon has a list price of $322 but they sell it for around 90 bucks, hope Batman66 doesn't go down like this...oh and I'm still waiting on ST!

Glad to be part of your forum, I like this site and Love this show!
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

I know when I bought my Star Trek every season cost me $49.99 times that by 3 seasons $150.00 plus tax. I am sure all three seasons of our 1966 Batman DVD Box set will cost at least $150.00 or more. Unless we see a Christmas sale on it. Even if we don't see a sale it will be well wroth the money to get our 1966 Batman tv series on DVD uncut with extras!!! :) :) Can not wait to get it save now to get it!!! :) :) Happy Batman Days!!!! :) :)