Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Bookworm

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Bookworm »

I can't imagine that Warner would release a comprehensive soundtrack, but you all might contact Screen Archives Entertainment. They release a lot of movie music and they have contacts at Fox.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Screen Archives is a vendor, not a producer of CDs. It would require a specialty label like Varese Sarabande, Kritzerland or La La Land Records (Film Score Monthly which did the 66 movie soundtrack no longer makes CDs). It would be up to one of these independent labels to do a license deal with Warner/Fox to produce in the neighborhood of probably 2000 to 3000 copies (which is considered top of the line for what a film score or TV soundtrack will sell).
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

I DO believe we have that many people in that range as members of this message board. Anyone care to confirm my theory on that by crunching the numbers, pretty please? ;)
Mr. Comic Book

Post by Mr. Comic Book »

batsman wrote:This isn't directed any specific board member, but I'm going to say it :
Hi Diddle Riddle.jpg

There's no way I will buy a transfer that looks like that, with the dark murky look and colors.

The costume yes, looks correct, but there are so many other things that don't look right.

It's wrong.

This isn't what I want to see on a DVD or Blu-Ray set.
If the trailer that was just released is any indication, that frame in question is very, very close to what we're getting. Batman's going to be dark with deeply saturated colors. And you know what? I welcome that. I want to see what the show looked like when it was originally shot, not some washed-out, faded syndication print.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show in it's original glory. It'll be like watching it for the first time all over again.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman ... ries/20003

Blu ray too
Please visit Newsarama.com for all their info. There they also inform, as does 13thDimension.com, the fact that WB's formal announcement of the title will come "at a Comic-Con International panel - featuring special guests Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar - on Thursday, July 24 from 6:00-7:00pm in Hall H."

So the long-awaited set with all 3 seasons - including all 120 episodes and tons of bonus material - will be available in stores on both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc this November, 2014. But we already knew this, thanks to Burt "Robin" Ward. So WHEN in November? Well, the specific date isn't part of today's information, and nothing is set in stone yet...but it makes sense to expect this to be for sale JUST in time for the "Black Friday" holiday gift-buying season, when foot traffic in stores is at its highest.

So it comes as no surprise that we were told about a comment posted recently in the 66Batman.com message board - made by Writer and Illustrator Andy Fish (described by Wikipedia as "a longtime collaborator with Adam 'Batman' West") - says to expect the title's release date to be November 18th...9 days before Thanksgiving, and 10 days before Black Friday. Holy Sales-Logic, Batman! But is it true? [UPDATE: Warner has advised us that this date is NOT correct, so everybody who have been emailing us with this info should take some white-out to their calendars!] We're waiting on the official announcement from Warner, of course. Stay Bat-tuned...

Amazon even has a Bat-listing, but it's not accepting pre-orders as of this writing. Hopefully soon! Our thanks to readers Michael Harris, Greg Chenoweth and Louis Szabo for their help with this story.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Batman ... z36MUZwzzw
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ah Wikipedia! That great bastion of all things true! I was surprised to see I even had an entry on Wikipedia and even more surprised that I was born in South Africa (since been corrected). I stand by my info and it gets released the week before thanksgiving, I'm hearing a non Tuesday.

Excellent advice on the hi def TV if you're making the jump to Blu.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Image wise, we need only look at the view master reels to see what the show was supposed to look like. Glad the washed out syndication prints were tossed out. Bring on the deep rich colors of classic 60s TV! Interesting that these shows made many folks go out and buy color TVs and now this release is getting some of us to make the jump to Blu.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

AndyFish wrote:Image wise, we need only look at the view master reels to see what the show was supposed to look like. Glad the washed out syndication prints were tossed out. Bring on the deep rich colors of classic 60s TV! Interesting that these shows made many folks go out and buy color TVs and now this release is getting some of us to make the jump to Blu.
Not just that but high definition TV's as well as bluray players. It will look amazing!
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

You guys are all missing something very important here. There is no mention in this "ad" that the episodes are UNCUT. Scary IMO.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote:Image wise, we need only look at the view master reels to see what the show was supposed to look like. Glad the washed out syndication prints were tossed out. Bring on the deep rich colors of classic 60s TV! Interesting that these shows made many folks go out and buy color TVs and now this release is getting some of us to make the jump to Blu.
Andy, I think you are right about the colors. In the promo the colors are rich and "darker".

From 13th Dimension:
"Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will officially unveil the details of its highly-anticipated November 2014 release of “Batman: The Complete Television Series” at a Comic-Con International panel – featuring special guests Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar – on Thursday, July 24 from 6:00-7:00pm in Hall H.

The actors behind Batman, Robin and Catwoman will give fans their first inside sneak peak at the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history. All the details will be revealed, including an initial look at exclusive content, limited edition packaging, and dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series."

Amazon already has a listing for it. I wonder if we'll see special packaging by vendor - say a Diamond version, Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart. Still hoping for a cowl or utility belt variant...
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

TheBlueHombre wrote:
Not just that but high definition TV's as well as bluray players. It will look amazing!

Not to steer this conversation off topic, but having recently replaced my old Sony Trinitron tube set with a flat screen, I'm no longer in awe of the picture quality of my DVDs, so making the jump to Blu Ray seems to be way to go. After having watched this show on film, restored syndication prints (which wowed me back in 1989),the Masters, etc., I want a once and for all set with the highest possible picture quality. I realize you can only upgrade a standard def print so far, but Blu Ray players are honestly so affordable that this seems like a great time to take the plunge - especially since it doesn't render my DVD collection useless.
svl

Post by svl »

Don't count on this being the last set with the greatest quality you've ever seen or will ever buy, NJBatfan- just wait 'til we get HOLOGRAPHIC MONITORS!!!! ;)
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

Holy Crisp Colors!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Don't fret John, Warners track record is pretty good and there is tremendous excitement there for this release.
They'll be as uncut as the Masters allow. They've put a LOT of work into these and this is far from a bare bones release.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

AndyFish wrote:Don't fret John, Warners track record is pretty good and there is tremendous excitement there for this release.
They'll be as uncut as the Masters allow. They've put a LOT of work into these and this is far from a bare bones release.
Thank you Andy. You allayed my fears magnificently! (Sorry. Couldn't resist the line.)
Music. BAT! Music.