Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Lou Szabo »

6 PM pacific time. 1 hour long. Hope there's a video or transcript afterward.

Batman '66
Holy Bat Panels! Get all the details on the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment reunites pop icons Adam West, Burt Ward, and Julie Newmar on the Hall H stage for a Bat-tastic look at Batman: The Complete TV Series. The actors behind Batman, Robin. and Catwoman, along with moderator Ralph Garman, will give you an inside sneak peek at all the exclusive content within this blockbuster home entertainment release, as well as exhibiting dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series. Batman: The Complete TV Series will be released in November 2014.
Thursday July 24, 2014 6:00pm - 7:00pm
Hall H
1: Programs, Anniversaries, Comics, Television
Tags Anniversaries, Comics, Television
Bag
Bag
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

AndyFish wrote:They not only don't charge you until it ships, they automatically lower your purchase price if it drops during the pre-order, which its likely to do.
I don't understand the disdain some folks have for Amazon-- I use them all the time, and they are great. The few times I've had to return something it's stress free and nearly instant. They've even told me in the past I don't have to send an item back that I wanted to return. Guess that comes from ordering from them about 70x a year! Super fast two day shipping too. I love 'em! The ONLY bad experiences I've had was with third party sellers. I hesitate to order from them. Shipping can be ludicrously slow.
I have to agree. I think Amazon does a wonderful job and their customer service is first class. I too have had defective items that they sent an immediate replacement for and often let me keep the item without having to ship it back and still got the full return. I also agree that using Amazon merchants can be problematic. It is a gamble, some are great and some are horrible. I frequently will pay a little more to use Amazon because of the customer service.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

epaddon wrote:
chelray1 wrote:[season sets aside, the Time Life Release of the complete series was $250 of SMDM. In 6 months on ebay I found a used copy in like new conidtion for $99 bucks..
You found *a* copy, which only underscores the fact that it's not liable to be a mass quantity available at a rock bottom price that all can partake in. Sometimes you get lucky, often times you don't and then there's the intrinsic opportunity cost factor of do I really want to deny myself of six months of a chance to watch this show because *maybe* I'll get a rock bottom rate down the line? No thank you.
thats your choice. I prefer to wait because I think the initial price is to high. Thats MY choice. Im not bending to these high inital prices. Take for example the Batman Dark Knight Trilogy Collectors Box set. It was $99 bucks MSRP when it came out. Best Buy had it for $79. Few months later Best Buy was at $49. Now Amazon is at $38.99. Just another example of how waiting pays off!!
LA Batfan

Post by LA Batfan »

I can assure you the cover art on Amazon is just a placeholder. I will be revealing the actual packaging at the panel on Thursday!
svl

Post by svl »

LA Batfan wrote:I can assure you the cover art on Amazon is just a placeholder. I will be revealing the actual packaging at the panel on Thursday!
Thank god! I couldn't believe THAT would be considered "Special Edition" worthy packaging.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

LA Batfan wrote:I can assure you the cover art on Amazon is just a placeholder. I will be revealing the actual packaging at the panel on Thursday!
I guess that means that the panel will be happening at the same Bat-Time, same Bat-Channel. This cliffhanger is killllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllling me!
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Ralph!
I wrote that to lure you out! Thanks for giving us a tidbit, I know you are sworn to secrecy!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Alex Ross packaging?

What's this note from Warner Archives?

"Headed down to San Diego this week? So are we! Click here for our most up-to-date schedule information, and details on how to #FindWAC for promotional giveaways! Not going to SDCC? Stay tuned to our social media channels all week long on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr for our special brand of top-notch realtime live reporting at panels ... featuring the latest disc releases and more! Our Warner Archive panels include:

A Batman for All Seasons is on Sunday, July 27 at noon in Room 7AB. We join respected producer/author Michael Uslan, producer James Tucker, producer/director Brandon Vietti and writer/producer Greg Weisman as we examine Batman iterations and oddities throughout history. Attendees will be privy to a very special announcement that will excite fans both "Young" and old."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I just read that too, I doubt it's 66 related but just as interesting nonetheless.

As for waiting for the price to drop, yup you will very likely save a Bat ton of money if you wait to order. I myself have been waiting forty years for this release so I'm happy to pay whatever amount it is on the release date. Money's not everything, but if you don't mind waiting by all means save the cash.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

chelray1 wrote:
epaddon wrote:
chelray1 wrote:Six Million Dollar Man is a perfect example of this. 250 bucks on release date for the complete series or 50 bucks per season, now 14.99 or lower per season.
That isn't a perfect example. First off, they didn't release all five seasons separately a few months later it was spread out over a period of a couple YEARS. The same thing with "Barney Miller" which had its full run released by Shout but in more than two years since has only released a couple additional seasons and not all of them separately. And then there's "It Takes A Thief" which had a full series release but then only its first season later made available separately.

You're entitled to your own standards of what you'll spend but you're not entitled to your own facts regarding how the market works or what's happened in the past with other titles. The past model shows that usually you have to wait more than a couple years to then see the whole thing made available individually (and often minus the bonus content).
I bought "Get Smart" box set from time life. Even though the series came out as individual seasons, times have changed. Most brick and mortar stores don't carry them. I am still kicking myself for missing Walt Disney Treasury releases of Zorro in the tins. argh!
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

Ralph, PLEASE make sure that you supply pics of any and all packaging with your posts on Thursday! I'm looking forward to my retailers getting to know me VERY well prior to the release date. And they'll be looking forward to my being indisposed watching the series. In the words of the 3 stooges, "you're doing a WONDERFUL thing for duty AND humanity!!!"
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

Szabol wrote:Alex Ross packaging?

What's this note from Warner Archives?

"Headed down to San Diego this week? So are we! Click here for our most up-to-date schedule information, and details on how to #FindWAC for promotional giveaways! Not going to SDCC? Stay tuned to our social media channels all week long on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Tumblr for our special brand of top-notch realtime live reporting at panels ... featuring the latest disc releases and more! Our Warner Archive panels include:

A Batman for All Seasons is on Sunday, July 27 at noon in Room 7AB. We join respected producer/author Michael Uslan, producer James Tucker, producer/director Brandon Vietti and writer/producer Greg Weisman as we examine Batman iterations and oddities throughout history. Attendees will be privy to a very special announcement that will excite fans both "Young" and old."
It is referring to Warner Archive's upcoming Bluray release of YOUNG JUSTICE, not the '66 series. Warner Archive is also releasing BEWARE THE BATMAN, Season 1 Volume 2 on Bluray in September as well as BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD Season 2 on Bluray.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

chelray1 wrote:thats your choice. I prefer to wait because I think the initial price is to high. Thats MY choice. Im not bending to these high inital prices. Take for example the Batman Dark Knight Trilogy Collectors Box set. It was $99 bucks MSRP when it came out. Best Buy had it for $79. Few months later Best Buy was at $49. Now Amazon is at $38.99. Just another example of how waiting pays off!!
The Dark Knight trilogy is just that--three films and some extras, not an entire, long-desired TV series making its home video debut.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Love to see a box set of 90's Animated Batman on Blu Ray!

I agree with Andy, just about any price is OK for the series. I know some folks paid over $100 for the Masters series, so this is slightly more and of superior quality. I decided to order the DVD set a few days ago, and I'm glad I did before the price rose. I ordered the blu ray first right away. I actually was going to wait until I heard or read the news released on Thursday night, and I'm glad I didn't wait.

I wonder where this set will rank in series releases for initial sales in unit volume?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Got Get Smart too, another favorite of mine that took a long time to get released. That was worth every penny.