Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
batbelfry

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by batbelfry »

here's the cleanest image I've seen so far:

Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

I just noticed that the trading cards box shows 44 cards, and the ones pictured are from both the original "black" bat and "red" bat series. (I'm not sure if any of these are also from the "blue" bat series.) I wonder if they are just including a random sampling of the 3 sets rather than reprinting an entire series??
rajung

Post by rajung »

Amazon price went back down for those who missed out.
How long??
batfan67

Post by batfan67 »

I never thought I'd say the last thing I need is another Batmobile.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

batfan67 wrote:I never thought I'd say the last thing I need is another Batmobile.
That is (likely) not meant for the hardcore fans who bought every scale of the Hot Wheels line several years ago. The car packaged with the box set is a nice trinket--or so-called "collectible" piece for those who--more than any other reason--wanted the series on home video, but would appreciate a replica.
Beneath Wayne Manor
svl

Post by svl »

Ad copy says the Batmobile is an "exclusive". Wonder what's different about it...
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

I, like a lot of other people around here, am a bit disappointed at the lack of classic extras (and no mention of commentaries), but it's still early, so maybe they'll be adding more stuff as we get closer to the release date. Have we heard any confirmation that the extras mentioned were all that we were going to get?

And for what it's worth, if you want one spot to see all those things you were expecting as extras (and maybe even a few things you haven't seen), I put together a list of those videos over on Popdose. You can see the article here at

http://popdose.com/holy-youtube-fifteen ... an-tv-show

I'm especially fond of Adam West's encounter with Jerry "The King" Lawler!
marvelbloodhound

Post by marvelbloodhound »

Will there be season sets for season 2 & 3? Need to know this Intel based on the vintage material on the bonus disc. Here's an idea, REISSUE "Holy bat mania" with the Batgirl stuff on it!! Or in the words of All Bundy! "Cha-Chiiinggg!"
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I'm not surprised there aren't commentaries listed, nor the super-longshot of scripts or treatments or unused scripts etc. included and I don't think I saw deleted scenes...heck, maybe there weren't any cutting room scenes on such a tight schedule.

But I'm not going to complain, the colors in the trailer are so vivid and it's interesting to see how accepted this version of the Caped Crusader and Boy Wonder are.

It would be nice if the actors/creators involved would get some kind of profit/royalty check from this release, despite whatever contracts were signed back then.

I wonder if they'll be more 1966 Batman cosplay as well when more people see these episodes.

Have a good bat-weekend!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The actors will profit from these, there was never a clause for home video in the original contracts, and that's what held up the release all these years.
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

FINALLY in my price range!! Season 1 $27.99 on DVD!!! YES!!!! I will be jumping on this!!
http://www.wbshop.com/product/batman-+t ... e=&from=fn

Also for those looking for a deal on the blu ray set!!!
WBShop has the upcoming Batman: The Complete Television Series for $189.99, but you can get an additional 20% off with the code: RETAILME20HE. This brings it down to $151.99 shipped, plus any applicable taxes. This for sure is the lowest you can get this for right now.

http://www.wbshop.com/product/batman-+t ... 00&ref=CJP
Apply code: RETAILME20HE (possibly expires on 7/31)

This also comes with a UV copy, which you can likely sell for another $40 or so.

So the prices are already coming down!! LOL
High C

Post by High C »

robinboyblunderer wrote:I'm not surprised there aren't commentaries listed, nor the super-longshot of scripts or treatments or unused scripts etc. included and I don't think I saw deleted scenes...heck, maybe there weren't any cutting room scenes on such a tight schedule.
There were plenty of deleted scenes, partly because it's easier to cut whole scenes and/or shorten others when you are trying to make an episode fit the running time, as opposed to coming up with something after the fact if you happen to run short.

The problem is home video wasn't a gleam in anyone's eye in 1966-68, so other than blooper reels for Christmas parties and/or end-of-the-season wrap parties, nobody thought to save any deleted scenes. Nobody thought money could be made from them. It was a different era.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

WOW!!! :) I should pre order from WB if there price is going to be that much less with a code. On the Blu-Ray but I have already pre ordered from Amazon. Will Amazon give me that WB Price too?? I wonder?? And that is a Awesome price for season 1 :) :) I wonder if they will sell the other too for that much too??
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

I don't think amazon will price match that, but i'm curious if the wbshop pre-order works the same as amazon [don't charge until it ships] their 150 price after the coupon code is great, but don't have the full amount ready at the moment.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
jtownbatfan

Post by jtownbatfan »

Just ordered the Blu Ray set through WB with the 20% off code... $161.11 after tax.