Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Jaws63

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Jaws63 »

AndyFish wrote:WB needs to show us proof? Like they have a hostage and we need some evidence? They said they're uncut-- what more can they say? WB is not going to compare these to bootlegs, WB is not going to even mention bootlegs other than to say if you own a bootleg set you are breaking the law.

Up until January 2014 if you were a fan you had no other choice than to buy or trade a set, but the rules changed when they announced a licensed set. NOW you'd be wrong to buy a bootleg.

There is not a bootleg set in the world that will top this, the footage is incredible. The color is vibrant, there is no logo in the bottom right corner, and probably most importantly, this is the set that pays back the actors and creators. Your friendly neighborhood bootlegger doesn't write a check to Adam West every time he sells a 31 disc set.

If you're worried about the completeness of the episodes, wait until they are released on 11.11.14 when ACTUAL reviews of the series will be up on Amazon and certainly here, not endless mindless speculation. Trust me if one second is missing from them there will be more than enough people chiming in to cry foul.
I was a little confused on something High C had mentioned, the record was set straight. The point I was making is that Legal or not, the bootlegs are out there, and as they served a purpose...I know they are not 100% complete. I too am looking forward to 11-11-14. I want to see the manhole scene in the pilot I was discussing about in a different thread, I wanna hear Penguin Mention "Batman's fertile mind" comment in "Penguin's a jinx", I want to hear Leslie Gore's "Maybe Now", and for those that don't remember, I want to see Chief O'Hara faint after he realizes he was doing acrobatics off the ledge.. I'm not one of these "I told you so" people, it's confirmation and piece of mind I'm mostly looking for.
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

ELVIS wrote:
chelray1 wrote:
I will not even be getting the blu rays. The show was filmed in 4x3 for CRT Color TVs. NOT HDTVs. I HATE watching 4x3 shows on a 16x9 TV.. (I HATE THE BLACK BARS TO THE LEFT AND RIGHT - VERY DISTRACTING IN MY OPINION). and I sure wouldnt do a wide zoom and crop the top and bottom just to fill the screen..thats not right either!!!

Anyways the show was meant to be watched on a FULLSCREEN COLOR CRT TV and thats how I intend to watch it.

I have s SONY 32" Inch CRT that has a fantastic picture and I always watch any tv show that was filmed in 4x3 on it!! For me, I enjoy it the most that way, not on an HDTV...
Obviously to each his own on this issue, but "STAR TREK" was filmed to be seen in 4x3 and on a CRT COLOR TV as well. At the time they had no idea what future technology would bring. "STAR TREK" looks AMAZING in Blu ray. I own both the DVD and Bluray sets and I only watch the Bluray now! I am watching Batman that way as well.
yeah to each his own. I wouldnt watch Star Trek any other way, than the way it was intended. Full screen 4x3 on a CRT Tube TV.. I dont care how good the picture looks in the middle of the screen, black bars on the left and right are downright distracting.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It'll all be on there.
WB doesn't want to have a bunch of angry Frankenstein like villages outside their offices.
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

chelray1 wrote:
ELVIS wrote:
chelray1 wrote:
I will not even be getting the blu rays. The show was filmed in 4x3 for CRT Color TVs. NOT HDTVs. I HATE watching 4x3 shows on a 16x9 TV.. (I HATE THE BLACK BARS TO THE LEFT AND RIGHT - VERY DISTRACTING IN MY OPINION). and I sure wouldnt do a wide zoom and crop the top and bottom just to fill the screen..thats not right either!!!

Anyways the show was meant to be watched on a FULLSCREEN COLOR CRT TV and thats how I intend to watch it.

I have s SONY 32" Inch CRT that has a fantastic picture and I always watch any tv show that was filmed in 4x3 on it!! For me, I enjoy it the most that way, not on an HDTV...
Obviously to each his own on this issue, but "STAR TREK" was filmed to be seen in 4x3 and on a CRT COLOR TV as well. At the time they had no idea what future technology would bring. "STAR TREK" looks AMAZING in Blu ray. I own both the DVD and Bluray sets and I only watch the Bluray now! I am watching Batman that way as well.
yeah to each his own. I wouldnt watch Star Trek any other way, than the way it was intended. Full screen 4x3 on a CRT Tube TV.. I dont care how good the picture looks in the middle of the screen, black bars on the left and right are downright distracting.
Not staring an argument, but does this mean you only listen to 60s albums on LPs and not CDs?, or movies only on VHS? Very strange to me.

Sorry to say you are really missing out on amazing clarity and crisp visuals here. I still have one 4:3 TV and about 13 vcr's because I love vintage video formats, but man you are just kidding yourself here.

I don't like black bars either so with my hdtv I just use the full and justify options, doesn't bother me in the least on stuff that wasn't filmed in WS.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
Chief OHara

Post by Chief OHara »

I just had a huge "duh" moment with Amazon. I opened my email to read this "Your Amazon.com order of "Batman Classic TV Series..." has shipped!"

I thought, "What the H@$%? That's not going to ship until November. Then I started thinking maybe I ordered the wrong DVD. And' I hope Amazon is not screwing this up"

It took my a moment to figure out my Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Vehicle had just been shipped.

I completely forgot I ordered this the other day. I have major tunnel vision for the Blue Ray and DVDs that I have lapses in memory of other things.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I applaud the discipline of purists who will only watch in 4x3 on CRT.

Also remember the show was intended to be viewed on Wednesday and Thursday nights only, over the course of 2 1/2 years. No cheating!
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

AndyFish wrote:It'll all be on there.
WB doesn't want to have a bunch of angry Frankenstein like villages outside their offices.

Tell you, what Andy...if "Maybe Now" doesn't make it, I'll bring the hounds if you bring the torches!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Seriously, I've been quietly following comments here and on the Home Theater Forum and have basically held my tongue, but I will say it is wonderful to see the combined passions everyone here has for the series. I don't think I've seen such passionate posting since we anticipated the announcement at SDCC last year and it never materialized. Certainly, come November, we'll be doing it again: did you notice this, where is that, why didn't Warner include, etc.

Bottom line: we're getting what we've always wanted. The extras are nice, but that's exactly what they are. I'll be looking at the episodes much more than the packaging. Bring it on, Warner!
I've got my pre-order in and except for the fact that I'll never get those three months of my life back, I can't wait for November! Truth is, they can wheel me off to the home clutching my BluRays and I'll be one content Batfan.
Millionaire Playboy

Post by Millionaire Playboy »

Obviously, the anticipation for this release is huge. With all of the talk of what "uncut" means and what may be included and may not, I am reminded of when CBS released The Fugitive series on DVD several years back. They could not get releases for all the music and replaced some of the original scores with synthesizer sounds and all the Fugitive fans went ballistic. It caused such outrage among the fans that CBS went back to the drawing board (or sound board in this case) and eventually re-released the DVDs with all original music restored.

So... what happens if WB runs into the same problems and has to replace some music, or heaven forbid, edit out scenes with certain actors (like the Bat-Climb cameos)? I kind of expect to see the old disclaimer indicating that "some of the original music has been replaced' as that seems to be very common for vintage TV releases. Will the batfans freak if it is only minor replacements (like The Fugitive fans did)? Or will it be accepted as a necessary evil to get the remastered official release?
dodgr31

Post by dodgr31 »

Did anyone who ordered directly from the WB website get charged up front or is to like Amazon.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

* Shipments containing pre-ordered or unavailable items will not be charged until they are shipped.

From my order
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

dodgr31 wrote:Did anyone who ordered directly from the WB website get charged up front or is to like Amazon.
No, it's different from Amazon. Usually, WB Shop puts a runs the amount right away to make sure the funds are there and then they put it back after three or four business days. It's called a placeholder, then they run the amount for real when the merchandise ships. The initial run lets them know if you really do have the funds available to pay for the merchandise or not. If the funds are not there, then they can you let you know that there is a problem with the order at the start.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

Cool thanks for the WB shop info I will stick with my Amazon order because I will have the funds for both the Blu-Ray and DVD box sets when they ship in November!!! :) :)
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

ok, so just a pre=authorization, that's cool.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
Grayvette03

Post by Grayvette03 »

I was going back and forth on blue ray or DVD...
I really appreciate this board that allows a forum for both sides to be expressed.
Ordered my Blue Ray set today. Now if the next few months go as quickly as January through July went I'll be a very happy batfan.
Jim
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Millionaire Playboy wrote:Obviously, the anticipation for this release is huge. With all of the talk of what "uncut" means and what may be included and may not, I am reminded of when CBS released The Fugitive series on DVD several years back. They could not get releases for all the music and replaced some of the original scores with synthesizer sounds and all the Fugitive fans went ballistic. It caused such outrage among the fans that CBS went back to the drawing board (or sound board in this case) and eventually re-released the DVDs with all original music restored.

So... what happens if WB runs into the same problems and has to replace some music, or heaven forbid, edit out scenes with certain actors (like the Bat-Climb cameos)? I kind of expect to see the old disclaimer indicating that "some of the original music has been replaced' as that seems to be very common for vintage TV releases. Will the batfans freak if it is only minor replacements (like The Fugitive fans did)? Or will it be accepted as a necessary evil to get the remastered official release?
All episodes are uncut! Warner wouldn't announce if it weren't true.