Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Darren Nemeth

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Darren Nemeth »

Maybe I missed it in this thread but is Yvonne Craig going to be a part of this release??
Darren Nemeth
1966 Batboat Blog!
http://batboat.blogspot.com/
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

marvelbloodhound wrote:Who's James Blakely?!
He was post production supervisor for the season one and two episodes and was the editor for several season three episodes.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Darren Nemeth wrote:Maybe I missed it in this thread but is Yvonne Craig going to be a part of this release??
As far as extras go, she isn't interviewed or featured in any (aside from some clips from the show they will no doubt be using).
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

Price for the Blu-Ray seems to be settled at $180. Was hoping it would drop to $150.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Word is that you can get the German bare bones Blu-ray for about $100 shipped on Amazon.de.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

85.99€ for BLU ray
http://www.amazon.de/Batman-Collection- ... rds=Batman

While the Dvd is listed, no price is given...

A second BLU Ray listing gives the same price

http://www.amazon.de/Batman-Die-komplet ... atman+1966

Release date is 20-11-2014

I think there were placeholder listings, then these were replaced by new listings, but the originals were not removed. I saw the same on the U.S. site
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

not that the prices they show are anything to get excited about, but http://www.dvdpricesearch.com is now listing both the DVD and Blu-rays for Batman the Complete series.

It's odd...when you do the comparison, they don't list Amazon, which they historically have.

And of course, it's certainly possible that the best prices may turn up on Costco's shelves the weekend before the show comes out.
LizardKing

Post by LizardKing »

I decided to cancel my pre-order for the set for the time being. $180 is just too much. If it drops to $150 or below I'll get it on release day.
antman67

Post by antman67 »

LizardKing wrote:I decided to cancel my pre-order for the set for the time being. $180 is just too much. If it drops to $150 or below I'll get it on release day.
I saw an infomercial last night at 3AM Adam West plugging the DVD sets for 5 easy payment for $19.99 each. I wonder if it's per disc or per season or TOTAL?
https://www.batmanondvd.com
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

Antman, there's a thread about that deal here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3169
It's $100 (five payments of $19,99) for the whole first season, and roughly half of the second season. You can get the entire series on dvd (not sure the price of that) or blu ray (for $5 cheaper than the current Amazon price). Looks like the special features are the same, but you get a personalized letter from Adam West and a reproduction script from an episode with this deal. I'm sticking with my Amazon blu ray order. I know I'm going to get it on release day that way.
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
Ktrek

Post by Ktrek »

I'd be really surprised if the set doesn't drop down to close to $150 by release day. The only way I think it couldn't would be if pre-order sales are weak. Let's hope that the PR and sales pick up in the next couple of weeks. I'll still buy it regardless but it would be less painful.

Kevin
antman67

Post by antman67 »

As I'm sure (like everyone else) I have my TVLAND copies but I'm going to wait for the DVD prices to go down. Maybe next year or so? I found the infomercial very interesting though. I really enjoyed how Adam pointed out mistakes made that were left into the show and how some lines that were improvised. Pretty cool.
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

Here's a question I have: Will the trading cards that come with the (standard) blu-ray set be the same as the ones that were re-issued in 1989 (when the first Burton movie came out)?
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

most likely.

im really tempted to cancel my amazon, and get the batmanondvd.com set, doing 35.00/month is more appealing that dropping 180 in a few weeks.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The BATMANONDVD payment plan is great if you're on a budget but I doubt it ships until you've paid all the payments. It's pretty rare for a company to ship anything that hasn't been paid for yet, so you'd be waiting another four or five months (no biggie for what we've waited so far) but just a heads up.

Personally, I started dropping a few bucks in a cowl back when they announced this last January, amazing how easy it is to save $10-$20 here and there just by cutting out buying lunch and coffee and bringing my own.