Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Mark Racop

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Mark Racop »

Now that Warner Brothers is promoting the DVD and Blu-ray release showing clips of me in their 30 minute infomercial, the non-disclosure agreement is pretty much null and void! In November, WB sent a filmmaking team to Logansport, Indiana to shoot a segment about Fiberglass Freaks for their special features. Apparently our segment will come under the "Collectors" heading, after Ralph Garman and Kevin Silva. I haven't seen the finished documentary, but Adam and Burt both told me that it looked good, so here's hoping!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

AndyFish wrote:The BATMANONDVD payment plan is great if you're on a budget but I doubt it ships until you've paid all the payments. It's pretty rare for a company to ship anything that hasn't been paid for yet, so you'd be waiting another four or five months (no biggie for what we've waited so far) but just a heads up.

Personally, I started dropping a few bucks in a cowl back when they announced this last January, amazing how easy it is to save $10-$20 here and there just by cutting out buying lunch and coffee and bringing my own.

I did the payments for the Blu-rays (I did not see you could pay all at once). They charged my first payment and said I would receive the set on November 11th or within a couple of days after that. Thinking about it, what reason would there be for a consumer to make payments on a mass market item if something will not be shipped until the last payment is made? You might as well just stick the money in a cowl :) and wait until you have all of it, especially since most payment plans tack on a surcharge (this one does not appear to). Most of the collectibles catalogs operate like this-Franklin Mint, Danbury Mint, etc. You make your first payment and they send the item. It is good marketing and with the mark-up on these items it is easy for the companies to absorb the few losses from people who end up 'stiffing' them.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

droboogie wrote:Here's a question I have: Will the trading cards that come with the (standard) blu-ray set be the same as the ones that were re-issued in 1989 (when the first Burton movie came out)?
Yes and no. The 1989 set contained the complete first three series (Black Bats/Orange Backs, Red Bats, and Blue Bats). It had 143 cards. The bonus set in the Blu-ray contains only 44 cards, and looks like it has samples from each of those three sets. It is a shame they did not use the "Real Photos" or "Riddler Back" cards instead, which used photos from the movie/TV show.
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Well Lord Death Man I certainly defer. I don't buy much in the way of collectables and I don't use credit cards for anything but business and then keep no balance, so I certainly make my statement with absolutely zero knowledge to back it up. Not the first time I've done that.

I see many TV ads for XX easy payments on a lot of items. I bet a lot of companies take a loss on failed payments.
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

AndyFish wrote:Well Lord Death Man I certainly defer. I don't buy much in the way of collectables and I don't use credit cards for anything but business and then keep no balance, so I certainly make my statement with absolutely zero knowledge to back it up. Not the first time I've done that.

I see many TV ads for XX easy payments on a lot of items. I bet a lot of companies take a loss on failed payments.
I am the same way-I use Amex (or Amex via Paypal) to buy everything while in America and pay it off every month. That way I do not have to carry money or take a loss exchanging yen for dollars or back again. In Japan we generally just use instant bank transfers.

My understanding is that the TV companies have such a huge markup on their items that it is worthwhile to get many more people to impulse buy with the payment plans and then absorb the losses when a few people block their credit cards. It does not seem like a DVD set would cost much to produce, so if they have one payment in hand they would at least get that back.
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Wondering I the Batmanondvd.com Blu-Ray comes with a digital copy like the Amazon one does.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

TBolt wrote:Wondering I the Batmanondvd.com Blu-Ray comes with a digital copy like the Amazon one does.
It does not.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

well, that makes my decision then. :)
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Millionaire Playboy

Post by Millionaire Playboy »

Did anyone else notice this in the FAQs on the batmanondvd.com site? That would be over $50 off the blu ray complete set! (After you bought the first one at full price)

Can I order more than one collection?
For a limited time only, and as a special holiday offer, we are pleased to offer a 30% discount on each collection you order after the first one. Additional collections must be ordered at the same time as your initial purchase. Maximum units per person is 10. We can also giftwrap your order for a nominal price.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Nothing came up in a board search, so my apologies if this has been addressed already.

Is this site for the DVDs legitimate? Figured I'd just pre-order from there.

https://www.batmanondvd.com/index.aspx
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Millionaire Playboy wrote:Did anyone else notice this in the FAQs on the batmanondvd.com site? That would be over $50 off the blu ray complete set! (After you bought the first one at full price)

Can I order more than one collection?
For a limited time only, and as a special holiday offer, we are pleased to offer a 30% discount on each collection you order after the first one. Additional collections must be ordered at the same time as your initial purchase. Maximum units per person is 10. We can also giftwrap your order for a nominal price.
I ordered 1 of each - complete sets on Blu Ray and a second DVD set for about $100. Can't beat that with a big stick.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

I noticed on another site (bullmoose.com) they have the Blu-ray collection for only $149.97 - however, the photo shown is slightly different and I'm wondering if this is yet a different version that does not have the extras? That is quite a bit less $ compared to amazon's price.

Any thoughts?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Jim
I think that is the blu ray box without the outer box-- so this might be a bare bones Blu release, or it might simply not be showing the outer box.

And Batmanondvd.com is indeed a legit website with licensed DVDs.
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Jim K, Bat fan wrote:I noticed on another site (bullmoose.com) they have the Blu-ray collection for only $149.97 - however, the photo shown is slightly different and I'm wondering if this is yet a different version that does not have the extras? That is quite a bit less $ compared to amazon's price.

Any thoughts?
the upc number they give matches the one at Barnes and Noble and is the deluxe version.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Thanks guys, and ladies. I'm going with DVD because I regularly make full-film audio rips to listen to when I travel. I have a software program that turns the entire audio track of films and TV series into MP3s. Sort of a highly modified books-on-tape. Been doing it for about 35 years, changing as the technology has changed.

Anyway, no way I'm passing on the chance to rip the audio of some of my favorite episodesHi Diddle Riddle Purr Fect Crime.
;-)
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”