Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Batman Buddy 2012

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

Yes I will be picking up my 1966 Batman DVD Box set early Tuesday morning at Best Buy!! :) :) I aleredy paid just have to pick it up!! :) :) If I stayed with Amazon the UPS man would have me waiting all day and night for it. Plus Amazon did not even process my payment this weekend for it.
Todd Grimes

Post by Todd Grimes »

The Amazon thing is a bit troubling. I pre-ordered the Blu-ray set and selected the option to have it "guaranteed" to be delivered on the release date (this coming Tuesday) but as of today, my order is still listed as "not yet shipped." So is it going to be overnight-ed to me on Monday?? At this point that would be the only option, but I'm very skeptical. I sent customer service an email and they did respond by saying I would indeed have it on Tuesday, but we'll see. If it doesn't ship on Monday I guess I'll cancel the order and head out to Best Buy or wherever. Maybe I should just do that anyway (?)
artsEgal

Post by artsEgal »

I don't think that I'll have my set by Tuesday.

Reading the FAQ on batmanondvd...
They do not deliver on weekends or US holidays.

Most likely my order will ship on Monday, so I don't expect to have it until Wed or Thurs.

"Your order will ship to arrive on November 11 or shortly thereafter"
Sounds like The Riddler wrote the order confirmation. ???
"He ponders the problem of how to make better a world where evil brings profit and virtue none at all..."
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

HerryGrail wrote:On the Warners site, when you click "complete your order" AFTER entering your credit card info, is THAT when the extra options come up? I've never seen a button like that on the same screen as the card info result in anything but a purchase. But otherwise I can't find the options.
Yes, that's correct. I wanted to get the gift wrap but I didn't see the option anywhere until AFTER I entered my payment info. But then when you choose the option(s) you want, there's no screen after that to confirm your order one more time.
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

artsEgal wrote:I don't think that I'll have my set by Tuesday.

Reading the FAQ on batmanondvd...
They do not deliver on weekends or US holidays.

Most likely my order will ship on Monday, so I don't expect to have it until Wed or Thurs.

"Your order will ship to arrive on November 11 or shortly thereafter"
Sounds like The Riddler wrote the order confirmation. ???
It depends on the carrier. I ordered today and the CS rep told me it was shipping out today too. She mentioned it may not be here until Wednesday, because USPS doesn't deliver on holidays. But I told her that FedEX and UPS do. I'm almost certain of it. Only the post office observes federal holidays.

She then proceeded to tell me that she's actually not sure which carrier will be delivering it, that's up to the warehouse...
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Todd Grimes wrote:The Amazon thing is a bit troubling. I pre-ordered the Blu-ray set and selected the option to have it "guaranteed" to be delivered on the release date (this coming Tuesday) but as of today, my order is still listed as "not yet shipped." So is it going to be overnight-ed to me on Monday?? At this point that would be the only option, but I'm very skeptical. I sent customer service an email and they did respond by saying I would indeed have it on Tuesday, but we'll see. If it doesn't ship on Monday I guess I'll cancel the order and head out to Best Buy or wherever. Maybe I should just do that anyway (?)
I wouldn't be too worried about it. I use Amazon frequently and somehow they always manage to get it on time. They will probably ship it out on Monday. That gives it plenty of time to make for end-of-day on Tuesday.
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

BatTime wrote:I wanted to get the gift wrap but I didn't see the option anywhere until AFTER I entered my payment info. But then when you choose the option(s) you want, there's no screen after that to confirm your order one more time.
That's how shady companies that are looking to scam you set up their shopping carts. I see it very little but wow, when I do it's really sickening.

I'm surprised Warners has allowed this trickery...at least Register.com will reverse your charges if you mis-order, but it sounds like Warners (or their contractee) makes you receive the item and THEN return it. It's like they're playing a game with their customers...yeah, you can stiff us on the extra payments, but we don't care because we've confused enough of you to buy more than you realized.

I've noodled around that site more than once thinking that I might get the Blu and DVD for under $300 (second set is 30 percent off), but when no options came up before the "complete payment" button had to be hit...no thank you. I'll pick up that script on eBay.
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

Todd Grimes wrote:...as of today, my order is still listed as "not yet shipped." So is it going to be overnight-ed to me on Monday?? At this point that would be the only option, but I'm very skeptical
Amazon often emails me that orders have shipped on Sunday. Watch for an email today. Otherwise they'll likely overnight it on Monday.

Depending on the carrier they use you may have to wait till the end of the day if you're shipping to your home. FedEx and UPS are notorious for holding residential deliveries till the end of the day, and you better hope the driver still feels like going to your house if it gets late. I always have them deliver to my business, but I've had FedEx contractees say my business was closed because they couldn't get there by 5:00 even though I'm open through the evening. Lately I've hoped Amazon goes through USPS as they've been proving most reliable. As the holidays get closer UPS and FedEx are pretty much a dice roll as drivers seem to be given total discretion as to how much or little they want to deliver...I like the idea of canceling and going with a Best Buy pickup. Same price and get to check those corners...that's the best option I've read so far this weekend!

ETA: $175 Blu Ray at Best Buy, pick up Tuesday morning, pay off in six months w/o interest on my Best Buy card. See you at Best Buy Tuesday morning!
Ktrek

Post by Ktrek »

BatTime wrote:
It depends on the carrier. I ordered today and the CS rep told me it was shipping out today too. She mentioned it may not be here until Wednesday, because USPS doesn't deliver on holidays. But I told her that FedEX and UPS do. I'm almost certain of it. Only the post office observes federal holidays.

She then proceeded to tell me that she's actually not sure which carrier will be delivering it, that's up to the warehouse...
Actually it could still be delivered by USPS on Tuesday.The postal service also does not deliver on Sundays but I have gotten packages delivered by USPS on Sundays from Amazon many many times. They must have some special contract with USPS.

Also, whoever was thinking of canceling your AMazon this late in the game it's likely to be delivered anyway. You will get an email from them stating your item was already "in process" and they won't cancel it. So, unless you want to hassle with sending it back and maybe get stuck with the shipping fee anyway I wouldn't bother.

And for those of you freaking out about whether it comes on Tuesday or Wednesday do you know how crazy you sound? Is it really all THAT important? One day will not make a difference but if Amazon doesn't deliver on Tuesday you can request a refund on the shipping costs and they will oblige.

Kevin
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I think Amazon uses an independent service for deliveries, because I often notice their tracking number don't match USPS, UPS or FedEx formats
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

Ktrek wrote:...And for those of you freaking out about whether it comes on Tuesday or Wednesday do you know how crazy you sound? Is it really all THAT important?
I think you've wandered into the wrong forum...LOL!

Some folks do seem to be concerned that the shipping appears to be delayed by weeks, though I'm not sure why it would be. I've had many packages "shipped" on Sunday...if it's guaranteed to be there Tuesday it should be.

BTW neither Target nor Walmart has the Batman titles in its Sunday circular. Both have them online, with Walmart prices the same as Amazon's, and Target's a bit more: $138 for DVD, $184 for Blu. Whether those also will be in-store prices, who knows.

But both are in the Best Buy "online" circular at the same prices as when ordering online (which match Amazon's), if you want to wait and check them out in-store Tuesday. (The ad is formatted differently than the printed one would be, but the prices should be in-store accurate either way. I haven't seen the printed one yet.)

Also, the FYE pricing online is the same for DVD as Amazon's but $179 for Blu Ray. However, you have to be a "member," whatever that means. Barnes and Noble is way up there.

MovieStop has them online at 10 cents cheaper than Amazon and tends to be good at stocking new boxed releases. Not sure if store pricing will match online.

Any other pricing info out there?

Ktrek does raise a good point for those of us who want the disks in hand but may be several days waiting to have time to get into them. This being the start of the sale season, who knows when one set or the other day will be a deep-discounted daily feature on Amazon or somewhere. However, saving $20 or $30 may not be worth the wait.

But I don't think there will be a supply problem, and if you have any doubt that the price will go UP in the next several days, Best Buy IS publishing them both at Amazon's prices at least through next Saturday, in-store if not online.

Will it sell out? Not this heavily marketed, I wouldn't think. But you are more likely to see sets of this expense in larger quantities at electronics stores like Best Buy than the Walmarts and Targets.
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

My husband was gazing longingly at the red boxed Amazon BR set, so I ordered it for him after having canceled it a couple of weeks ago. So now I have two BR sets coming. I wish I had just ordered the DVD set from the Batman On DVD site now!
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Szabol wrote:I think Amazon uses an independent service for deliveries, because I often notice their tracking number don't match USPS, UPS or FedEx formats
Amazon often uses Prestige Delivery Systems, especially during the holidays and for same day/next day delivery. Prestige seems to use a lot of independent drivers and unmarked delivery vehicles-they have delivered packages to our house as late as 8:45 PM.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Mike Mulitsch

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

On the Batman on DVD website I can't find where to buy bluray
Any help would be appreciated
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

You have to click "Order" then go to the right section and there's a drop-down.