Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
svl

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by svl »

Already posted right above you that I now know USPS will deliver for Amazon. Why are you wastin' time here, GO WATCH THE DISCS! Yeesh.
Ktrek

Post by Ktrek »

svl wrote:Already posted right above you that I now know USPS will deliver for Amazon. Why are you wastin' time here, GO WATCH THE DISCS! Yeesh.
Ummm maybe because your other post was the first unread post in this thread by me and so I just responded without reading the other posts. Sorry to ruffle your feathers.

I have to say that the picture quality is more than I hoped for. I really cannot believe that Warner did such a fabulous job. The packaging is also one of the best made collector boxes I have seen. I'm extremely happy with the purchase and think it was worth every dollar spent. I hope Warner sells every copy they have made. They deserve it and I'm pretty sure it will win some awards in the industry.

Kevin
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

I know I just LOVE My 1966 Batgman TV Series DVD box set!!! :) :) The HD Remaster picture is so AWESOME!!! :) :) I am a Happy Batman Camper feels so much like Christmas!!! :) :)
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

I had never seen the Batgirl pilot before this set came out. I enjoyed it very much. Wow! Oh wow! That's all I can say about this bluray set. :o
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

Just finished viewing first four episodes last night and started on the fifth/sixth my faves JOKER IS WILD/BATMAN IS RILED but was interrupted unfortunately. All I can say is I'm blown away by the A/V quality! Just awesome!!! Like a kid in candy store!!!!!
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

im starting with season three and working backwards, get season three out of the way first, lol!
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Spikor-- that's a crazy idea-- and it's genius!
I started with the pilot yesterday, and I want to watch just one a day-- but I'm following your lead and I'm going to start with Season 3. I KNOW if I watch them in order and I hit Louie The Lilac I'm going to have a hard time going on, this way I'll get through the slosh of the third season (and there are still some gems in there) and have Season 1 and 2 to look forward to!

I'm in!
bat lugosi

Post by bat lugosi »

I'm so envious lol :)

A package came today and while I haven't opened it I know exactly what it. You see I can't open the package until December 26 when my wife and I will be exchanging Christmas presents. On the one hand I want to wait because I'll have time off to enjoy it, on the other hand It's just killing me knowing it's right there. My wife will be home later to hide it, she knows I'm tempted to open it.

Enjoy guys!
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

It's about fifteen years since the advent of DVD (about 13 since I have been actively looking for Batman to show up), twenty-five years since I first started looking for an official release of the series on VHS, and more than 40 since I first started watching it, and today, my blu-ray set arrived. I watched the first two episodes and they look stunning. No one has ever seen the show look this good; I'm seeing detail I have never seen before.

Here's to you, Bat-fans, who never gave up. You made it happen.
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I guess it's time for me to confess…

I've probably not seen every episode before. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I never felt right buying bootlegs. I was always hopeful an official release would come along. And I'm not into watching things on youtube.

So, while I'm not positive, there are probably episodes that have slipped through the cracks for me.

So while many have said its like watching for the first time, for some of these for me, it truly is.

I am so loving this.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Production standards were amazingly high in the 1960s. There's an art in the techniques that is not seen in today's TV series--even fantasy series where one can play with the image more than normal.
Beneath Wayne Manor
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

OMG! the quality is great, shockingly great. Like most others, I have watched copies for many years and I feel like I am watching it for the first time. I am seeing so many things I never could before. I can't really speak to audio quality because I always have a problem with HD tv sound. You have to crank it up to hear dialog and then the background noise is too loud. I never had that issue with an analog tv. I guess it needs a stereo set up?

I just received my blu-ray set today and have watched 4 episodes. The color, the sharpness, the movements.....amazing. Very happy with the packaging as well-very cool and sturdy. Ever since VHS in the 1980's I have longed for this (of course back then DVD and Bu-ray were unknown) but for the first time back then you could record television shows and buy movies to watch at home.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

Hedji wrote:I guess it's time for me to confess…

I've probably not seen every episode before. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I never felt right buying bootlegs. I was always hopeful an official release would come along. And I'm not into watching things on youtube.

So, while I'm not positive, there are probably episodes that have slipped through the cracks for me.

So while many have said its like watching for the first time, for some of these for me, it truly is.

I am so loving this.
You are in for a real treat. Please post your observations and favorite episodes. I'm up to the 2nd disc of Season 1 now and the next episodes are two of my favorite with False Face. I'd stay up and watch them tonight but I'm due for a Bat-Nap.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
Rockatansky

Post by Rockatansky »

While my Batman Complete Series (DVD) makes it's way from Amazon to Australia, it should arrive on 28 Nov 14, I last saw all the episodes in sequence courtesy of you tube from 26 Sep 10 to 13 Jan 11, so a three and a half month viewing effort in front of a computer screen. Probably the first time I'd ever done a complete run through since seeing the odd episode on television as a kid. I'm glad now that I didn't fork out the coin for a bootleg DVD set (spotted last year at a local toy fair) and will thoroughly enjoy this official release when it arrives. I plan to watch all the special features first... how are they guys?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just saw the Comic Shop edition, which is the same as the Red box, but includes the TV show Hardback book. but it was $100 more that the Red box version - ouch.

Also at a shop, I saw the complete DVD box set, which features the pre-release art. Each season had its own box. I don't believe it has any special features, but I have a set on order as a gift.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!