Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Hedji

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Hedji »

I am so torn between the standard red boxed Blu Rays and the Green Box on the WB website. Anyone else like the look of the green box better? Will that issue be the "rarer" of the two?
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

Don't think it really matters which set you get-its the same shows. I guess it depends which bonus content you like best. I chose the Warners set because I liked the 35.00/month option. The hot wheels/cards/scrapbook are unwanted fluff. But so is the 'script' in this set - yeah that's just going to stay in the box-I have no use for that.

Neither set will be rare. This is a major mass produced release.

I wonder if batmanonvd site will actually ship these out on time, I have my doubts that it will arrive on release date like their site mentions. I'd expect a shipping notice today if it were to come Tue. Their charge is also no longer pending in my bank acct. It was there for the first two days after I ordered and hasn't been there since [it dropped off on Tuesday], so i'm wondering when the actual charge for the first payment will be taken out.

Post when your set ships-or a new thread?
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I like the green box much better than the red.
I don't think this will ever have much resale value-- streaming is coming whether you like it or not, and according to a recent article in Forbes, it's going to be sooner than you think.
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Hi guys!

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've had my Amazon pre-order (BluRay) since July. But ever since this BatmanonDVD.com offer reared it's ugly head, I've been torn between canceling my order and switching to the payment plan.

Of course, we've waited so long that the full price isn't really an issue, but the payment plan is much easier on the wallet. I also like the packaging better (which seems to be a consensus here), and I don't need the Batmobile or playing cards (trying to declutter) so that makes the BatmanonDVD more attractive.

And from what I can tell, the special features are the same in both (I think?!). The only thing holding me back is the Ultraviolet available outside of Amazon?

Sorry to ramble, but any help would be appreciated! :cry:
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
artsEgal

Post by artsEgal »

Yay!! I am so excited about this Blu-ray set!!!
I pre-ordered from Amazon back in July, right after I first heard of the release!

And I was quite excited to get the fun extras like the car and cards, until I this past week when I saw there's other options. Oh what a pickle!

The script and personal letter is oh so tempting, almost considering cancelling my pre-order.
Also, I already have the movie on Blu-ray and really want the Ultraviolet.

Sigh.
"He ponders the problem of how to make better a world where evil brings profit and virtue none at all..."
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

I feel the exact same way as you guys. Do we know for sure the batmanondvd set doesn't include ultraviolet?
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

that's the question I'd like answered too. I really like the Batman on DVD box better and don't really need the car or cards either. With it coming to Hulu next week too I really don't need the Ultraviolet and may consider going cheap on dvd instead.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
artsEgal

Post by artsEgal »

That's pretty much my main question.
Does the batmanondvd set include the Ultraviolet?

The Amazon set looks nice. Although I'd like to have the Adam West Naked DVD and the script.
What exactly is the personal letter?
"He ponders the problem of how to make better a world where evil brings profit and virtue none at all..."
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

Anyone know what day Amazon is going to ship?? I did 2 day shipping will I get it on Tuesday?? I ordered the DVD Box set I hope they ship it soon so I get it on Tuesday!!! :) :)
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Ok, so I called WB home video customer service, and they could not give me a definitive answer on the Ultraviolet, other than if it's not advertised, then it's not included. But the price for the Batman on DVD set and the one from Amazon is pretty much the same now. Surely they're all packaged in the same setup for mass production, right? Why wouldn't the Ultraviolet be included?
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

artsEgal wrote:That's pretty much my main question.
Does the batmanondvd set include the Ultraviolet?

The Amazon set looks nice. Although I'd like to have the Adam West Naked DVD and the script.
What exactly is the personal letter?
No UV in the BatmanOnDvd sets.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Szabol wrote:
artsEgal wrote:
No UV in the BatmanOnDvd sets.
Well that stinks, especially since they are almost the same price. Even so, I'm still tempted to cancel Amazon and make the switch, because I have absolutely no use for the car or cards. I do already own the movie, but since it shares a case with Adam West Naked (which I don't have) I can let that slide.

And though I'll hate missing out on the Ultraviolet feature, in all reality I'm not sure how much use I would get from it. If I want to watch the show I'm going to do so at my big screen TV, not my iPad :lol:
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

I can watch Ultraviolet stuff thru Vudu on my home tv.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

this whole digital copy thing has never had sway on me, whenever there's a code like that I just pitch it. I like watching stuff on my television.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

By the time I get around to using the code, it's expired.

The fundamental choice comes down to these points

If you are buying both sets (DVD and BLU Ray) and don't need the toy, digital copy or card set, batman on DVD offers more value (30% off second set). Plus you get the movie and Adam West Naked, which is about $30 by itself. I know I just bought it in August.
If the digital copy is important there's only one choice.
If you can only afford one version, you will have a harder time. For a hard core fan, I like the script, and having the movie and Adam's comments. However, no one has said that Adam West naked is not included in the general set. They state his commentary is there, but I have not checked for alternate tracks yet because of limited time. Perhaps tomorrow will give more time.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!