Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Celticsfan

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by Celticsfan »

Excellent news!

First I find out my NECA 18 inch Adam West Batman is on its way to my house, and now this. I can't wait!
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Waiting for this release, for me, has been like hearing news of missing Dr Who episodes. Always doubting it will ever happen then elated when something turns up.
My only prayer now is the episodes are intact. Surely the furore over previous edited TV shows being released has gotten through to the upper echelons who are releasing this set.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Here's hoping Phil is correct. Now we need to start the second hurdle: The music released on CD and MP4.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

Yes! Good news at last, this really made my day!

So...who's up for a major release party? I certainly plan on celebrating when it comes out. Heck, I hope that I can help promote sales by appearing in costume, just for the sheer joy of it!
BatmiteReturns

Post by BatmiteReturns »

ARe they going to edit out the cameos like Lurch and Green Hornet?
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

Wonderful news. Like all of you, I'm thrilled. Yes, it's true we don't have all the details yet, but I believe there will be DVDs and blu-rays, and extras. The articles published yesterday said information on formats would be forthcoming.

It's about time. I don't think it's a stretch to say this will be the last great release of the era of physical media. What else could there be that was such a cultural touchstone that hasn't been released? I expect media coverage to be big.
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

I was so busy at work on Wednesday that I'm just seeing this information now! The one time I don't check the board for an entire day, the biggest news breaks without me.

I'm so excited for everyone on the board who've waited so long. I still can't believe Conan O'brien was the one who broke the news, somehow I always expected it to be Scott Sebring!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

After passing out 40 times in a row, I am so excited that AT LAST--one of the few TV jewels not to see a home video release is finally...coming home!

2014 is set to be Batmania 2.0!
Beneath Wayne Manor
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

v194 wrote:Can the Green Hornet be far behind? (In my best Dozier voice)
That would be wonderful if all of the details for TGH were worked out!!
Beneath Wayne Manor
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Finally, we are getting the series we have been waiting for on DVD and maybe Blu-Ray. I will be more than pleased to chuck my bootleg copy of the show aside once I pick up the official release.

What a way to celebrate 75 years of the Bat!

Mike
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Along with all of you I'm extremely stoked for this. As I said before, I have faint memories of the show in its early runs on my grandmother's new color TV back in '67 and I recall the superb colors - not the faded ones we've had to endure over the years. The blu-ray movie is as good as it has been over the last few years. I bought another blu-ray player to hook up to my smaller plasma flat-screen in my guest bedroom and decided to watch the movie again. I was blown away! I have a blu-ray in my living room with our main flat screen that gives a fantastic picture, but on a smaller one it appears to condense even more and the color/picture quality was astounding! I mean, I could even see the blood vessels in Lee Meriwether's eyes on the close-ups during the press conference! The Batcave was indescribable as some of the labels on very small dials were just short of being fully legible!

That said, I am very visually oriented (explains my also being a KISS fan) and so I wonder what a blu-ray version of the series will reveal as the faded colors and images tend to fuzz over many things in both the forefround and background? Case in point - check out the blu-rays of JAWS, Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind, or Planet of the Apes to gain a whole new appreciation of the films.

My excitement for the series is furthered by Eaglemoss Batmobile #24 now awaiting me. The 1966 Batboat is sweet-looking and soon to be mine! :D For the record, the Batcycle is also coming and I'm hoping they do the Batcopter.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
HolyRobinFan!❤

Post by HolyRobinFan!❤ »

Saints Be Praised!!! Holy Dream Come True!!! :D :D :D
LittleLouisGroovy

Post by LittleLouisGroovy »

Excellent news, indeed. Let's hope that this is given the deluxe treatment, with lots of extras, and the restoration of the original broadcast versions, complete with "Batman -- IN COLOR" and "Next Week" bumpers.
Meule

Post by Meule »

ABOUT FRIGGING TIME
:D
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

BatmiteReturns wrote:ARe they going to edit out the cameos like Lurch and Green Hornet?
They couldn't edit out GH and Kato without butchering the episode that featues them, so I imagine that will be cleared. WHV also has previously cleared Addams characters, so my guess is that Lurch too will be there. Now, whether the show will be completely uncut or not, it's hard to say, but I bet 99% at least will be there.