Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
batushi

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by batushi »

Im new here. Just wanted to know if anyone ordered from amazon uk and got a shipping notice.
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

With apologies for what I'm assuming is redundancy, what is the explanation for the half second season costing as much as the complete first?

Thanks.
artsEgal

Post by artsEgal »

Alrighty. I've officially cancelled my Amazon order and purchased the batmanondvd set instead.

I caught the last few minutes of the infomercial last night. Quite amusing! That helped a bit in my decision.

My reason for wanting the Digital copy was just to have a back up copy, as I've waited so long for this show to be released.
Maybe if I find the other set cheaper over the holiday season, might just get the DVD set with the Ultraviolet.
"He ponders the problem of how to make better a world where evil brings profit and virtue none at all..."
High C

Post by High C »

njboywonder wrote:With apologies for what I'm assuming is redundancy, what is the explanation for the half second season costing as much as the complete first?

Thanks.
The amount of half-hour episodes.

34 in season 1
30 in half of season 2
60 total for season 2
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Ah. Never knew the first two seasons didn't have an equal number of eps.

Thanks, HC.
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Ok, so I decided to cancel my Amazon order as well. I ordered the BluRay set with the Bat gift bag from BatmanOnDVD.

Be careful though, when ordering the set online. After you enter your payment information, a few additional offers will pop up (second set for 30% off, Bat gift bag) and they will automatically be added to your order if you choose (no order review page). So I think I clicked "Yes" on the second set offer wanting to see if it was eligible for the payment plan and the next screen said "Your order has been placed!"

It had charged me the FULL price (no payment plan), so my total was more expensive than had I just stuck with the Amazon order. :cry:

I called Customer service to see if I could get it removed, but they said there was nothing they could do because the payment already went through and the sets were shipping out today! They said the reason people have been receiving them early is they arrived at the warehouse ahead of schedule.

As far as the second set goes, the best they could do was suggest I return the second set after I received it for a refund...

P.S. When you call to order over the phone for BatmanOnDVD, "Adam West" answers. Even if you don't want to order from them, I would encourage you to call just to hear the recording. Priceless.
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Spikor1982 wrote:this whole digital copy thing has never had sway on me, whenever there's a code like that I just pitch it. I like watching stuff on my television.
ultraviolet streams thru Vudu on Roku and a lot of blu ray players.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

I didn't realize that BatmanOnDVD.com was offering full series sets until just now. I saw a number of people here say that they had switched to that, and was wondering why they were opting for half of the show.

I canceled my Amazon pre-order immediately when I checked it out. All I really want is the full 120 on Blu-Ray. I have a Hot Wheels Batmobile, etc. So for the same that I was paying at Amazon, I get the whole series, the Adam West naked deal, the script, etc. The box is nicer, IMO, and the real deal breaker for me was the payment plan. I could've done the whole price at once, but with the holidays coming it's just easier for me to break it up.

Not to mention, BatmanOnDVD says that I'll get it on the 11th or a little later. Amazon was way, way, way in the future...

-J\/\/
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

TBolt wrote:
Spikor1982 wrote:this whole digital copy thing has never had sway on me, whenever there's a code like that I just pitch it. I like watching stuff on my television.
so if you have the discs then why go through the hassle to stream the digital on your tv? just pop the disc in. lol
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Spikor1982 wrote:
TBolt wrote:
so if you have the discs then why go through the hassle to stream the digital on your tv? just pop the disc in. lol
because then I don't have to go thru that trouble, at the push of one button I can watch it instantly. Most new blu rays feature UV streaming options. If you throw them out you are wasting a nice perk for buying the blu ray.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

What the heck is Amazon not going to have for me on the 11th??? Seems like a lot of People are going with the Batmanondvd site?? I still have my pre order with Amazon for the DVD Box set I just hope Amazon ships it soon??
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

On the Warners site, when you click "complete your order" AFTER entering your credit card info, is THAT when the extra options come up? I've never seen a button like that on the same screen as the card info result in anything but a purchase. But otherwise I can't find the options.
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

OK I cancelled my order with Amazon and went with Best Buy!! :) :) It is a done deal I am not going to wait around all day and night to get. So I will pick up the DVD Box set early Tuesday Morning!! :) :) Amazon is too slow in processing pre orders so I will have it in my hands Tuesday Morning WooooHoooo!!! :) :)
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

BatTime wrote:Be careful though, when ordering the set online. After you enter your payment information, a few additional offers will pop up (second set for 30% off, Bat gift bag) and they will automatically be added to your order if you choose (no order review page). So I think I clicked "Yes" on the second set offer wanting to see if it was eligible for the payment plan and the next screen said "Your order has been placed!"
I hate to hear that. Register.com infuriates me with its scammy checkout process. There oughta be a law, I tell ya...
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

Batman Buddy 2012 wrote:OK I cancelled my order with Amazon and went with Best Buy!! :) :) It is a done deal I am not going to wait around all day and night to get. So I will pick up the DVD Box set early Tuesday Morning!! :) :) Amazon is too slow in processing pre orders so I will have it in my hands Tuesday Morning WooooHoooo!!! :) :)
That's great! I see the price is the same and you can do in-store pickup!