Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
chelray1

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by chelray1 »

A reasonable price for all 3 seasons on DVD in one box set should be $89.99. Thats $30 bucks for season, which would be fair based on other TV shows that have came out on DVD....Any higher than that, I will just wait for used copies. My bootlegs have kept me happy for many many years, so waiting a little longer for a fair price wont bother me any...As to the Blu Ray Price, who knows..? Andy Griffith season 1 is what? $70 bucks! Thats way to high...I think a fair Blu Ray price for all 3 seasons would be $149.99..Thats $50 bucks per season avg. But since when have studios ever been fair..lol...
That_weirdo_Cage

Post by That_weirdo_Cage »

That's reasonable for three seasons, but we (sort of) get the equivalent of five seasons-worth (or even six) of episodes, compared to most shows. Would this release be regarded as three seasons worth of material, or 120 episodes worth of material, when pricing the package? I'm curious to see how they'll handle this.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

We find out next week.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Let's talk special features that may be included in the dvd packaging:
Holy Batmania?
Return to the Batcave
Stills from the sets
1966 Movie
Gag reels
Batman Biography (see youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6-kZhI_ths
Batman movie reviews (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N8yy9xlAV8)
Batman (Adam West) TV show interviews from 1966
William Dozier interviews about the history
Comic Book to TV to Comic Book -character inspirations
Anything else?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
That_weirdo_Cage

Post by That_weirdo_Cage »

I would hope to see the Batgirl pilot. I doubt they would include the PSA advert from the 70s. (There's a really great, hi-res copy of that PSA on youtube, BTW, uploaded by... Library of Congress or something. Almost an official release in itself, perhaps.)

Edit. The PSA is on the official National Archives channel, at 1280 X 720 resolution. Looks quite nice.
Attachments
snapshot20140715221750.jpg
snapshot20140715221725.jpg
snapshot20140715221507.jpg
BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Szabol wrote:Let's talk special features that may be included in the dvd packaging:
Holy Batmania?
Return to the Batcave
Stills from the sets
1966 Movie
Gag reels
Batman Biography (see youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6-kZhI_ths
Batman movie reviews (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N8yy9xlAV8)
Batman (Adam West) TV show interviews from 1966
William Dozier interviews about the history
Comic Book to TV to Comic Book -character inspirations
Anything else?
I remember reading years ago that Adam West was ready to provide his home movies filmed on the set for any eventual DVD release. The Batgirl pilot definitely should be included. I'd love to see the Lava Soap commercial and any footage of the stars in costume from '66-'68. I prefer the vintage footage opposed to the current day interviews or reunions.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

BatMite wrote: I remember reading years ago that Adam West was ready to provide his home movies filmed on the set for any eventual DVD release.
Oh, I'd love to see something like that!
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

BatMite wrote: I prefer the vintage footage opposed to the current day interviews or reunions.
THIS.
chelray1

Post by chelray1 »

AndyFish wrote:We find out next week.
Cant wait!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Adam and Fred showed me a bunch of photos Adam has from behind the scenes, some amazing stuff there that I hope WB used. A year and a half ago my connection at WB Asked if I knew who had the 35mm prints of both the Batgirl pilot and the PSA ad, so if they came through I'd bet they're on there too.

Considering I assumed this would be a bare bones WB Archives type release, any material would be welcome. But I also much prefer any vintage stuff to anything filmed now.
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

Amazon now has a listing for the blu-ray set:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-T ... +tv+series

It's $189 - about what I expected. Also, I doubt very much that the photo shown is the package artwork.
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

That looks AWESOME!!! :) :) I hope that is the art work for the Blu-Ray and DVD box set looks so AWESOME!!! :) :) Can not wait to get both of them box sets!!! Happy Batman Days!!! :) :)
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

AndyFish wrote: Considering I assumed this would be a bare bones WB Archives type release, any material would be welcome. But I also much prefer any vintage stuff to anything filmed now.
I agree wholeheartedly. I have no idea what to expect or what not to, but I think authentic materials from back in the day are considerably more engaging than shooting more interviews where everyone says the same things they've already said in fifty previous interviews. Or worse, interviews with people who aren't truly "in the know", just to pad the time because so many relevant people have already passed away. I'm amazed at how many DVD featurettes tend to be pointless interviews with people who are little more than glorified fans of the material, and weren't actually involved with the film or program being discussed.

And to bring my soapbox grandstanding back to the Batman release, I will say that I admit, I don't want to pay for any double dipping materials. I'd rather they don't include stuff that's already been on previous DVD's (The Holy Batmania set, The Misadventures of Adam and Burt movie, etc) if it's going to increase the price. (And how could it not?)
svl

Post by svl »

Wondering if what's shown on Amazon is the final box artwork/packaging. If so it's a bit disappointing, especially for a "limited edition".

I'm cool with the pricing, though. Close (but slightly lower) to what I thought.

Guess next week we'll know for sure.
BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

droboogie wrote:Amazon now has a listing for the blu-ray set:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Complete-T ... +tv+series

It's $189 - about what I expected. Also, I doubt very much that the photo shown is the package artwork.
Well... it's actually $270. The $189 is a 30% off price if you pre-order it now while it's listed at that price. But the most Amazon will ever charge for it (if it goes of discount) will be $270.
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."