Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
wayoutjunk

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by wayoutjunk »

I chatted with an associate on Amazon to find out if they did price matching, and I was told that they did not, so I cancelled my order there and ordered on bullmoose.com instead.
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

Should start to see reviews of the various BATMAN video boxsets any day now as most major-player video review websites usually receive copies a few days in advance of the release date, but not always. So maybe not in BATMAN's case -- we shall see.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Best online price for the DVDs right now seems to be Wal*Mart at $135.
Amazon officially does not officially match prices, but they guarantee no matter what your pre-order price if they drop their price your price drops too. I've seldom seen anyone beat Amazon's prices.

And for some reason, for some of us, they are matching prices via a refund after the order ships. In the past I've gotten refunds from them as long as two weeks after getting my order from them. Other than the shot out of the cannon packaging on the two day rush orders I stick with them. AND I love their policy that if you pre-order a DVD and choose two day shipping (free for Prime members) you are guaranteed to get it on the release day.

Since I find Wal*Mart unshoppable I'll just let them deliver it to me, despite it being a holiday I'm sure it will be here on schedule.
njboywonder

Post by njboywonder »

Thanks very much, Andy. Hopefully that helped a few other latecomers as well.
Brett
batfan67

Post by batfan67 »

I cancelled my BluRay order from Amazon. I'm going to order from the Warner's site, I like breaking up the payments. Still on the fence about switching to DVD.

Mike
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

AndyFish wrote:Best online price for the DVDs right now seems to be Wal*Mart at $135.
Amazon officially does not officially match prices, but they guarantee no matter what your pre-order price if they drop their price your price drops too. I've seldom seen anyone beat Amazon's prices.

Since I find Wal*Mart unshoppable I'll just let them deliver it to me, despite it being a holiday I'm sure it will be here on schedule.
Amazon's current price for the complete DVD set is $134.81, the same as Wal-Mart. It seems that Amazon is matching Wal-Mart's prices on the set. Any more reductions will probably occur either Monday or Tuesday when the set is officially released.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
BrianPGH

Post by BrianPGH »

I apologize for the dumb question -- but is the Batgirl network presentation definitely included on the complete DVD edition? Every article I've read today and yesterday, specifically lists it as part of the Blu-ray, but not the DVD.

I'm guessing they're simply lumping it in with the "3 hours of bonus footage" that they mention for the DVD, but I'd like to know for sure while I still have time to cancel my DVD order and switch to Blu-ray. (I had initially pre-ordered the BR but changed my mind and went with the DVD, since it would be less of a hit on the ol' wallet.)
CapedCrusader83

Post by CapedCrusader83 »

I'm interested in ordering the Blu Rays from Warners since I can't afford the one lump payment on Amazon but is there a difference between the sets? Looks like the one on Amazon has more goodies like the Batmobile replica, trading cards and Ultraviolet digital copy (among other things)?
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

BrianPGH wrote:I apologize for the dumb question -- but is the Batgirl network presentation definitely included on the complete DVD edition? Every article I've read today and yesterday, specifically lists it as part of the Blu-ray, but not the DVD.

I'm guessing they're simply lumping it in with the "3 hours of bonus footage" that they mention for the DVD, but I'd like to know for sure while I still have time to cancel my DVD order and switch to Blu-ray. (I had initially pre-ordered the BR but changed my mind and went with the DVD, since it would be less of a hit on the ol' wallet.)

Yes, the Batgirl pilot has definitely been confirmed today on tvshowsondvd.com. I wonder if that has also been restored?
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Batgirl pilot is on there as are (I'm told) the screen tests.
BatmanOnDVD.com also does ship right away, regardless of whether you choose the payment plan or not. A great alternative for the BatFan who hasn't spent the past 9 months saving their bat-dollars.
mpr933

Post by mpr933 »

CapedCrusader83 wrote:I'm interested in ordering the Blu Rays from Warners since I can't afford the one lump payment on Amazon but is there a difference between the sets? Looks like the one on Amazon has more goodies like the Batmobile replica, trading cards and Ultraviolet digital copy (among other things)?
The Batmobile just looks like a normal Hot Wheels car, so not sure which is better.
The script and personal letter sounds nice also but the cards might be nice to have.
https://www.batmanondvd.com/choose
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

In Canada it's the reverse. Wal-Mart here is selling for higher than Amazon.ca by something like 35 clams.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
CapedCrusader83

Post by CapedCrusader83 »

mpr933 wrote:
CapedCrusader83 wrote:I'm interested in ordering the Blu Rays from Warners since I can't afford the one lump payment on Amazon but is there a difference between the sets? Looks like the one on Amazon has more goodies like the Batmobile replica, trading cards and Ultraviolet digital copy (among other things)?
The Batmobile just looks like a normal Hot Wheels car, so not sure which is better.
The script and personal letter sounds nice also but the cards might be nice to have.
https://www.batmanondvd.com/choose
I thought about the pros and cons, I do like the script and personal letter. I'll decide tomorrow since either way I'd like to have the Blu rays on the release date. I'm leaning toward the Warner Bros site ones since I can do the payment plan. The Hot Wheels car sure looks nice but I may be able to do without.
BrianPGH

Post by BrianPGH »

K.G. Bird wrote:Yes, the Batgirl pilot has definitely been confirmed today on tvshowsondvd.com. I wonder if that has also been restored?
AndyFish wrote:Batgirl pilot is on there as are (I'm told) the screen tests.
Thank you both for the replies!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That Batmobile is larger than the Hot Wheels 1/64 version, it's about the size of the Pixar Cars vehicles at 1/50 scale. The 1966 version has not been sold for a couple of years.
Loose
Loose
image.jpg (38.84 KiB) Viewed 6344 times
Pav
Pav
image.jpg (34.3 KiB) Viewed 6344 times
Nothing would be better than seeing the set on my door on Saturday!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!