Figure toy company in package

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Mike Mulitsch

Figure toy company in package

Post by Mike Mulitsch »

Robin from their Facebook page
Attachments
image.jpg
Riddlersgurl

Re: Figure toy company in package

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Very nice.

As long as they don't suffer from the 'pee-pee' stance, I will gladly buy them.
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

That looks Awesome!!! :) :)
svl

Post by svl »

Can't wait! Been wanting these since I got my first Mego waaaaay back in 1972. :)
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I've heard the "clamshell" packaging on these can be opened and closed, for the sake of those folks who like to play with their toys but don't wasn't to destroy the packaging.

Which is nice, except this is easily the worst-looking card art I've ever seen for any figure, anywhere. Especially when you consider amazing cards some creative customizers have done at home over the years. I'll be contacting one of them for sure, and tossing this card in the recycling bin.

On the upside, the costume on this figure is fantastic, and the figure itself looks good. I'm looking forward to the whole set.
Celticsfan

Post by Celticsfan »

Excellent looking figure! I placed my pre-order for series 1 on BBTS. Definitely looking forward to April.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

SprangFan wrote:I've heard the "clamshell" packaging on these can be opened and closed, for the sake of those folks who like to play with their toys but don't wasn't to destroy the packaging.

Which is nice, except this is easily the worst-looking card art I've ever seen for any figure, anywhere. Especially when you consider amazing cards some creative customizers have done at home over the years. I'll be contacting one of them for sure, and tossing this card in the recycling bin.

On the upside, the costume on this figure is fantastic, and the figure itself looks good. I'm looking forward to the whole set.

The cards seem to be taking a drubbing in the various forums, but I notice that we're getting a lot of merchandise in orange boxes. Could this be part of the mandate of the license to have to use the color scheme as well as the clip art provided by Warner? We've had orange packaging from NECA and Funko. Mattel used the clip art, but their packaging was more imaginative. It makes me yearn for the days when each company provided their own artwork. Some was wildly off model, but it provided a charm to the packaging, rather than the same artwork on all products.

In any event, I expect the online customizers will do their own dream packaging, as can anyone with a good printer, scanner, time, and imagination. The FTC clamshell has a tie with the company logo that can be easily cut (or even coaxed open with a little tool as I read somewhere), but yes, they are resealable to keep their freshness (!). :D
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

I don't have a problem with orange per se (though it's not an ideal match for Robin's colors) but the design is beyond "blah." The Batman logo is tiny for starters, which is just weird considering what a big deal this license is for Figures. Then there's the unimaginative arrangement of the photos (including one with the underwater "rebreather" which, I would think, they'd better be including if they're going to picture it!) and that fugly "collegiate" font for Robin's name. All in all it's a pretty good argument for going back to the days of cellophane bags on hangers.

But again, not a big deal for me as I'm not really buying a slab of cardboard, I'll be buying a figure (which looks great!). And there's any number of talented folks who can make me a decent card if I decide I want to display this "in package." I have the skill to design a nice one myself, but I've no idea where I'd be able to print it on glossy cardstock.

The FTC Batman will probably take up residence in the box I used for my homemade Batman (who, poor guy, will end up homeless, I guess!)

T Butler

Post by T Butler »

There's a picture of the carded Alfred on the the link http://tomztoyz.blogspot.com/
I had only seen a drawing of the proposed version before now.

Not the TV version, but the old DC comics version. Kind of looks like the Mego Joker costume reused, which would have fit the Mego style to keep production costs down had they ever made an Alfred.