FTC Announces 1966 Bat Accessories, Too

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
NJ_Batfan

FTC Announces 1966 Bat Accessories, Too

Post by NJ_Batfan »

The hits just keep on coming: a Batbomb (ala the movie), bat phone, Shakespeare bust, and more!

http://13thdimension.com/exclusive-new- ... n-the-way/
Riddlersgurl

Re: FTC Announces 1966 Bat Accessories, Too

Post by Riddlersgurl »

I want an in scale Batmobile!

Along with Batgirl's motorcycle!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Just sold my Joemobile Batmobile on eBay. At 28.5" long it's about the right scale for 8" figures, even though it is marketed at 12" figures

Also, with all these accessories, the carrying case is looking better and better
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
greatlakes6

Post by greatlakes6 »

is the batphone supposed to be a 1:1 scale or Mego size?
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

greatlakes6 wrote:is the batphone supposed to be a 1:1 scale or Mego size?
Mego sized.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I have to say that I'm liking all this talk about these figures and this company, but unless the stuff is available in Walmart, Target, etc I feel that it's still related to the "Fan based custom" stuff. Yes, I believe that being able to walk into a major retail store adds that special feeling of "Damn! About time!" Only being able to purchase this stuff from an online store just isn't the same.

The same goes for the calendars that never appeared in Barnes and Noble's display at Christmas. Maybe I'm just an old fuddy Duddy, but this all makes me feel like it's so "underground." Of course: IMO. My two pennies being dropped on the doorstep. :x

John
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

"Underground" is the only way we've gotten any of this stuff for years. The exciting part is now it's actually legal. :lol:

I agree it'd give a warm glow to walk through Wal-Mart and see these figures on the pegs (well, as close to a warm glow as you can get when you're in a Wal-Mart ;) ) except for two problems:

1. I'm not at all sure there's a market for any Mego-style figures in the major retail outlets. Mattel's recent "re-Mego" line flopped, and I can't think of anything similar for years.

and

2. Even if this stuff was shipped to Target and Wal-Mart, the odds of finding it on the pegs is pretty remote. Speculators, scalpers and other low-lifes long ago ruined the whole "buy it at a bricks-and-mortar" experience. Like it or not, MOST toys worth having can only be found online on anything like a dependable basis.

No worries, here. I miss the days when I could find a happy surprise in the toy section, but now I have the (for me) equally exciting experience of finding a package on my doorstep. If I didn't need groceries, I wouldn't shop in a "real" store at all, any more.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

A local comic shop is an option.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Yes, point taken about things being dropped at my doorstep, however, I like to select products myself and not be at the hands of someone filling an order. I'm EXTREMELY picky about package condition and product placement in said packaging. Having a package drop-kicked from Tampa to Tucson doesn't always end well ;)

As for my local comic shop--They never stock anything of interest. Not enough on hand cash I'm told. No, I'm afraid the retail option is still my best friend, but sadly I must change if I want the stuff and possibly return items endlessly until one meets with my approval.

John
Music. BAT! Music.