NEED HELP!! Batman Argentina costume!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
eastlosfinest

NEED HELP!! Batman Argentina costume!!

Post by eastlosfinest » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:48 pm

ok guys, so I bought this costume from argentina. my first question is, is it fake? I don't think it is fake, but there are some things that worry me. for example, under the PLASTIRAMA, there should be something written, but there isn't. this can be due to the fact that its a different variation, because I know they had two, one with BATMAN on the forehead of the mask, and the other WITHOUT it. Secondly, the accessories. in the variant with BATMAN across the mask, the accessories are a RED belt, and a BLACK small mask, this one has a blue small mask and a YELLOW belt. anyone that knows more, can you please help me out so I can send it back in case it is fake. either way, its a really cool display piece and hard to get. thanks.
Attachments
asd.jpg
fgr.jpg
aa.jpg

AndyFish

Re: NEED HELP!! Batman Argentina costume!!

Post by AndyFish » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:30 pm

I don't think it's a fake, I've seen it before, it's a really neat piece. Quite a few great items from Brazil featuring the classic version of Batman.

eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:11 pm

thanks andy, you are always a big help. on HAKES collectibles, this batman, the robin one, and the BATICHICA (batgirl) all sold for 1500!!

batfatty

Post by batfatty » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:58 pm

You can see the Robin and Batchica ones in this frame grab of Chip Kidd's collection. It seems that even Chip Kidd doesn't have one!

Check this trailer out. I REALLY want to see this movie:
http://chipkidd.com/journal/?p=4708

eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:35 pm

batfatty wrote:You can see the Robin and Batchica ones in this frame grab of Chip Kidd's collection. It seems that even Chip Kidd doesn't have one!

Check this trailer out. I REALLY want to see this movie:
http://chipkidd.com/journal/?p=4708

yea they are hard to come by. the most RARE and popular one is the batgirl one, because its called BATICHICA hahaha. but they are all rare, and highly sought after. I was lucky to found this one. it was from ebay, I was in contact with a seller from argentina and he messaged me saying he found one.

60sLover

Post by 60sLover » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:28 pm

The costume is legit. My only doubt is about belt, I remember it in red. The Batman mask is the original that comes with the package. Many years later some "wise guy" put the Batman name on the forehead, but never has part of the kit, this mask has sold separately on carnival time. The other mask with bat-shape always has come in black, so blue is very strange. I never saw the other mask as part of any kit. I hope this help.

eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:18 pm

60sLover wrote:The costume is legit. My only doubt is about belt, I remember it in red. The Batman mask is the original that comes with the package. Many years later some "wise guy" put the Batman name on the forehead, but never has part of the kit, this mask has sold separately on carnival time. The other mask with bat-shape always has come in black, so blue is very strange. I never saw the other mask as part of any kit. I hope this help.

I had the same doubts, because I know the belt came in red and the mask was black as well. how about the box?? do you think the box is a fake??? and I know about the mask, that is legit as well. thanks.

60sLover

Post by 60sLover » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Box is legit.
Great adquisition!

eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 pm

thanks guys!! hey, does anyone know how much this piece is worth???????

Martin Zamorano

Post by Martin Zamorano » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:29 am

Is not a fake, these costum is from de 60 and 70´s, hear in Argentina, When I was a child I have these and my brother have the Robin costum. I will love to have it now.
Adam West Squadron BATMANIA - www.batmania.com.ar

eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:38 am

Martin Zamorano wrote:Is not a fake, these costum is from de 60 and 70´s, hear in Argentina, When I was a child I have these and my brother have the Robin costum. I will love to have it now.

do you know how much they are worth?

eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:23 pm

eastlosfinest wrote:
60sLover wrote:The costume is legit. My only doubt is about belt, I remember it in red. The Batman mask is the original that comes with the package. Many years later some "wise guy" put the Batman name on the forehead, but never has part of the kit, this mask has sold separately on carnival time. The other mask with bat-shape always has come in black, so blue is very strange. I never saw the other mask as part of any kit. I hope this help.

I had the same doubts, because I know the belt came in red and the mask was black as well. how about the box?? do you think the box is a fake??? and I know about the mask, that is legit as well. thanks.

do you know how much its worth or it goes for?

60sLover

Post by 60sLover » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:14 pm

I think the price range could be 180-250 dollars.

eastlosfinest

Post by eastlosfinest » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:14 pm

sounds about right. im trying to find the BATICHICA one! that has really beautiful art