In what order will you watch the episodes on DVD?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.

In order, episode 1 through 120. (That's what Batman would do)
62%
In order, but I'll skip certain episodes (Nora Clavicle comes to mind)
2%
My favorite episodes first
21%
My favorite criminals first
14%

Total votes: 42

dell

Post by dell »

Just a simple poll to see what people will do when they get their DVDs.

Note: I haven't decided so I am not voting in my own poll (yet). Maybe I'll do what the majority select.
dell
High C

Re: In what order will you watch the episodes on DVD?

Post by High C »

I intend to watch Joan Collins' two episodes first, then my plan is to watch season 1. I intend to watch it in production order, as opposed to airdate order. I'm interested to see how the series progressed as they actually were writing and shooting it.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

The pilot first, and then a couple favorites before settling back into production order.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Should the DVD's prove acceptable, it'll be in order, episode 1 through 120. I'm glad to know that's what Batman would do.
bat lugosi

Post by bat lugosi »

I voted favorite criminals first as that is what is closest to my plan. Assuming I open it up for Christmas, Christmas night when things calm down I'll be watching the first appearances of of the big 4 first. Following that I'll be sure to start with another Catwoman episode but try and pace them with some other favorites. After I complete the viewing I'll probably wait 6 months to a year and watch them over again but the second time will be in order.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Being a masochist, I'll start with S3, beginning with Nora Clavicle. :lol:
dell

Post by dell »

Dr. Shimel wrote:Being a masochist, I'll start with S3, beginning with Nora Clavicle. :lol:
It never occurred to me to put that as an option. :o
dell
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Dr. Shimel wrote:Being a masochist, I'll start with S3, beginning with Nora Clavicle. :lol:
Because from there it can only get better? ;)
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I think if I'd have seen them a bunch of times over the past 35 years, I'd watch my favorite ones first because I'd want to see what was cut from them. But since I hadn't seen the episodes in 35 years, I still have a desire to see them in order, which MeTV is only semi-helping with. Right now they're mostly in order, but they're skipping episodes here and there. Thankfully I came into the rotation about a year and a half ago when they were pretty much all in order except for the occasional exception.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

I'd do the Big Four in this order:
a) Catwoman - ladies first (all of her episodes were so flawless, it's tough to find a favorite, although I really lean toward the Voice-Stealing caper - I liked Eenie as a henchwoman)
b) Riddler
c) Joker
d) Penguin. I would save the Penguin's Nest for last because that was his best one, even if Chickadee annoys the Holy Heck out of me.
aaronnz

Post by aaronnz »

I'll watch Riddler, Joker and Penguin episodes first. And then maybe Cat and then the rest.
Bat65

Post by Bat65 »

I will Surely watch Season 3 Episode 1 First... Then start at the beginning. Now here's a question for those who are watching in production order. Will you be watching the movie between seasons 1 and 2? Technically, if your watching in order, you would have to include the movie as well. Am I right?

Dave ^V^
Serving Gotham since 1939
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Well, that depends on the return policy of wherever I buy the DVDs....

I remember when I bought the Man From U.N.C.L.E. complete set, I watched my favorites first, in case they were problems, I could exchange the set. If I have to get it watched within a certain amount of time, I want to make sure the episodes I want most will play. Fortunately, there weren't any issues with my U.N.C.L.E. set, but I was just paranoid.

With Batman, I will probably watch the first season first, and then Julie Newmar's Catwoman episodes. Then I guess I will hit my favorites from the next two seasons. The only problem with that is that you can get burned out trudging through the worst episodes at the end. (You know, I don't think I ever did watch "The My Friend the Gorilla Affair" on my U.N.C.L.E. set. Anyone who is an U.N.C.L.E. fan will know why.
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

The Penguin's episodes first, even his season 3 ones, which are his weakest (season 3 is generally the weakest of the show).

Then I'll do them in production order.
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

When I purchase this new "Official Release" I'll probably start with " Batman's anniversary" and play the episodes in order there after.