The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Ben Bentley

Re: The Latest Batman Item You Acquired?

Post by Ben Bentley »

Szabol wrote:
Lord Death Man wrote:
Szabol wrote:What is that Batman the TV stories? One shot, compilation, or new series?
It is a collection of comic book Batman/Detective stories from the 1940's and 1950's and 1960's that were used as the basis for several of the TV series episodes (mostly first season). Stuff like the Mr. Zero from 1959 (Mr. Freeze), Batgirl's debut, The Riddler's first 1960's appearance. I just got my copy from TFAW today! :D
I just checked Amazon - and I had it on order since last May, but no shipping information yet. For some reason, I thought it was the trade-paperback of the Batman 66 series. It is not, so I'm glad I've been picking up those single issues. Still hoping for a trade paperback of that series.
Is it just me or in a world where we are getting pretty familiar with the "Batman: Classic TV Series" branding guidelines, its actually really refreshing to see the use of traditional white lettering (ala the opening credits) rather than the yellow?!
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

It appears they saved the yellow adlib font for the Table of Contents!

The '66 Batman that will reprint the new series is slated for April 8 hardcover release. Amazon used the cover art from the TV Stories collection in the listing for the '66 book, too. I'm looking forward to it, as well as the '66 newspaper strip collection due next month.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

On order! Just reading that classic series. Some stories seem close, others will require reviewing the TV episode.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Steve Rosinski

Post by Steve Rosinski »

Just got NECA Batman in today:

Love it! Had to add him to "the boys." It's the Dynamic Trio:

Or I can have him watch over the "Bobbles:" (Your thoughts?)

My Hot Toys Batman and Robin should be here in April
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Steve,

Nice pics of NECA Batman. I think he fits in best w/ the Dynamic Trio. :)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Steve Rosinski

Post by Steve Rosinski »

Thanks, I think so too. Soon it'll be the Dynamic Quinto (Cinqo?) when Hot Toys Batman and Robin come. My Man Cave is growing into a Batcave! :D
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Got the Keaton Neca Figure today and I have to say-- WOW! Absolutely beautiful and I'm not even a big fan of the movie. Looks great next to the West one.
svl

Post by svl »

Had a "'50th 1966 Bat Birthday" last week, and received the new Eaglemoss Batboat, the 1:18 Batmobile with figures and the awesome Wacky Wobbler Batmobile.

Only disappointment was that the Bat Buckle didn't arrive from Chuck. My son saw it in early January on the Etsy page and had me order it special from him, but it didn't show. He was more than a little bummed... and to be honest, so was this 50 year old "birthday boy". :(
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Sorry for any disappointment, but there seems to have been a misunderstanding.

The buckles are on a six to eight week delivery schedule and it is clearly posted in the shipping info.

The buckle is on schedule and will be ready for an early March delivery.

Chuck...
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »

Most recent pick ups:

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

svl wrote:Had a "'50th 1966 Bat Birthday" last week, and received the new Eaglemoss Batboat, the 1:18 Batmobile with figures and the awesome Wacky Wobbler Batmobile. :(
Can you post figures of the Batman and Robin figures from the 1/18 vehicle?
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Chuck Williams wrote:Sorry for any disappointment, but there seems to have been a misunderstanding.

The buckles are on a six to eight week delivery schedule and it is clearly posted in the shipping info.

The buckle is on schedule and will be ready for an early March delivery.

Chuck...
And it will be worth the wait! Just save a slice of Birthday cake!
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Just pick up a copy of the Life Magazine from March of 1966 with Adam West as Batman on the cover. Pretty excited to own this. Funny part is my Dad was 6 years old when that issue came out. Even at my young age have lots of love for the '66 series.
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

I was originally going to give this to my husband for his birthday in a couple of weeks, but since nothing says "I love you" like Batman stuff, I gave it to him for Valentine's Day (In Japan, women give gifts to men on Valentine's Day and men reciprocate on White Day in March). It is Mr. Williams's Communicator Utility Belt Buckle! Sorry about the bad pictures, all I had was my phone:

No tigers have been spotted lurking around the house since the buckle arrived, so it looks like its reputation preceded it :D . And it is a very fine piece! Randy loves it as it is his all-time favorite TV Bat-gadget aside from the Bat-Shield.

Originally we were going to have one of our neighbors (who worked in the nearby Toei Studios costuming department for many years) make a Robin costume for me and a Batman costume for my husband using Mr. Williams's patterns as a template when we returned to Japan next year. She can do leather work and just about anything but the buckle would have been tough for her. But now we decided to have original costumes of our own design done. My Batgirl costume will be based on the ever popular Japanese girl's sailor suit uniform (probably the navy blue winter version-maybe we will make it purple-with bright yellow trim). The pleats on the skirt will be scalloped and the 'neck flap' of the sailor suit lengthened into a 'mini-cape' and also scalloped. The bat emblem will be incorporated into the neckerchief. The Batman costume will incorporate elements of formal samurai attire (particularly the shoulders and cape being based on kataginu) and perhaps certain elements of samurai armor, although that comes too close to Dark Knight Batman for my tastes.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
batjrb1964

Post by batjrb1964 »

Life size stand-ups of Batman, Robin and Batgirl !!!! Great items
Attachments
P1000234.JPG
P1000234.JPG (44.8 KiB) Viewed 6022 times
P1000233.JPG