The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
batfatty

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by batfatty »

Just got this beautiful, goofy HOAGIE shaped friction batmobile from Japan.
cdub

Post by cdub »

I just got the Cowl. I ordered the Tweeterhead Batman from Sideshow and made my first flex payment. I am only counting the 1966 Batman Items, but I have bought several other Batman items such as the Sideshow Batman and the DC 1989 Batman Multiverse figures.
67Shelby

Post by 67Shelby »

ImageI was lucky enough to get the artwork that Mr West had drawn on the table cloth at the table he was autographing at, at Fan Expo all weekend in Toronto. Once in a lifetime thing. Such a cool guy.
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Finally was able to pick this up. I really like the look of it in person.
Attachments
BendyBats.jpg
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Not '66 related but Sideshow's newest Batman 1/6 figure is based on the designs of Drew Struzan's classic 70s poster. I LOVE it.

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Just bought this too-- the original cover art to Batman Scarecrow Year One. Brilliant work by Zach Howard.

Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

We received the rest of our Figures Inc Exclusives (Boxing Bats & Riddler, Pink Cowl, Gray Suit Joker, and EE's Prison Softball Joker). All very nice. We also got the Crime Fighting Accessory Pack, which is as wonderfully cool as I thought it would be. It did come up short in a couple of spots-the Oceanic Repellent Bat Sprays are not individually labelled, and for some reason the "Bat Shield" has Batman Shield" written on the front. (I am pretty sure it was "Bat Shield" on the show). I think perhaps this might be some sort of copyright/rights issue where they have to use "Batman", as I cannot see them making a mistake this obvious.

But all this posed a question for me. In what episode does Joker wear a gray suit? I know in the "Joker Goes To School" episode they show a projected slide of him in a gray suit, but that is all that comes to mind.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

AndyFish wrote:Not '66 related but Sideshow's newest Batman 1/6 figure is based on the designs of Drew Struzan's classic 70s poster. I LOVE it.

Andy, what is that Batman is holding? Is it the world's ugliest grappling gun or something :D ?

The Scarecrow art is wonderful. I think he is Batman's best and most interesting foe when handled correctly.
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That is a calking gun, the Batcsve is drafty.
As for the Bat shield, I think they made a mistake.

I got my pink cowl Batman too, really run. I'm not sure where the grey suit Joker comes from. Glad you spotted the school episode appearance, that might be it. They should have gone with a Jokers utility belt version instead.

And I love the hoagie Batmobile! Those Japanese tin toys are my favorites!
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

Lord Death Man wrote:We received the rest of our Figures Inc Exclusives (Boxing Bats & Riddler, Pink Cowl, Gray Suit Joker, and EE's Prison Softball Joker). All very nice. We also got the Crime Fighting Accessory Pack, which is as wonderfully cool as I thought it would be. It did come up short in a couple of spots-the Oceanic Repellent Bat Sprays are not individually labelled, and for some reason the "Bat Shield" has Batman Shield" written on the front. (I am pretty sure it was "Bat Shield" on the show). I think perhaps this might be some sort of copyright/rights issue where they have to use "Batman", as I cannot see them making a mistake this obvious.

But all this posed a question for me. In what episode does Joker wear a gray suit? I know in the "Joker Goes To School" episode they show a projected slide of him in a gray suit, but that is all that comes to mind.

The Joker's parole suit is from the beginning of "The Funny Feline Felonies." He is wearing it when Catwoman "kidnaps" him from Gotham Prison.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

AndyFish wrote:That is a calking gun, the Batcsve is drafty.
As for the Bat shield, I think they made a mistake.

I got my pink cowl Batman too, really run. I'm not sure where the grey suit Joker comes from. Glad you spotted the school episode appearance, that might be it. They should have gone with a Jokers utility belt version instead.

And I love the hoagie Batmobile! Those Japanese tin toys are my favorites!

Andy, since the Penguin figure does not come with an umbrella, I can't help but wonder if a Villain's Accessory Pack would be released later. It could easily come with a Joker Utility Belt, Penguin umbrella,and maybe some eggs (no copyright issues there)! :D The current accessory set comes with a Batman utility belt that could be easily customized to a Joker belt.

Speaking of belts, my Mattel belt and cowl are on their way! :)
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

NJ_Batfan wrote:The Joker's parole suit is from the beginning of "The Funny Feline Felonies." He is wearing it when Catwoman "kidnaps" him from Gotham Prison.
Ah, yes, I remember it now! The always popular "paroled prisoner gets new suit and $20" theme! I suppose Warden Crichton's 'progressive policy' of letting the inmates wear their own clothes shortly before release was rescinded after the Penguin made it look bad in season one ;) .

Thank you! :D
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Boy Wonder

Post by Boy Wonder »

Just got FTC's Wave 2 and Pink Cowl Batman.
Mitchotron

Post by Mitchotron »

svl,
Tell us more about the Batmobile guitar!
"My brain drenched mind has done it again!"
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Over the weekend I snagged a great price on this reproduction Japanese movie poster. It's probably my second favorite international variation, after the Italian version.
Japenese Mvie Poster-Reprint.JPG