The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lou Szabo

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Lou Szabo »

JWLJN wrote:Though I'm not a fan of the ornament design, the shadowbox idea is amazing!

-J\/\/
See the thread in crafts. Once you have everything, it is 5 minutes to assemble, and the 3D effect is stunning. Thanks to Wally Wingert for posting the idea in the craft section, and Burkestudio for making the Backdrop available.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Watchman1655

Ltd Edition Signed 1:18 Scale Hot Wheels 1966 BatMobile - Mi

Post by Watchman1655 »

I recently (and by accident) bought a limited edition BatMobile, 1:18 HotWheels 1966 TV series which is 1 of just 1000 signed by Adam West & Burt Ward in 2008 and complete with COAg. It's absolutely mint and has clearly never been out the box. I think I got it for a steal and from what little research I have done on it, it looks like it will return a very healthy profit.
I am waiting for the moderators to approve the listing of it....
simm

Post by simm »

I just picked up the 2014 Hallmark ornament from the LIFE mag cover for $9 during the after Christmas sale at Hallmark stores.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

My obsession with Golden Age comics began with Batman 14 from Dec/Jan 1942-1943 which I first saw in my friends comic book store in the early eighties, I wanted that book but $50 was a lot of money to a twelve year old kid.

Over the coming weeks I would stare at that book every time I was in the store. The owner was great and patient letting me see it up close. I was amazed at how much bigger Golden age books were, and that this had been on the stands during World War II!

I worked my paper route, collected scrap metal for weeks and worked myself silly to be able to afford it. On a cold Dec afternoon I rode my bike to the store only to find it had been sold. I still remember the ride back because it started snowing which hid the tears that were in my eyes.

I ended up getting that comic for Xmas that year after my parents checked with the store owner to see if there had been anything I was interested in.

Flash forward another fifteen or so years and I had to sell it during some tought times. At one time I had most Batman's from 2-20 but this was the one I regretted selling, this was the one that hurt.

My birthday is tomorrow, and thanks to my son, I now have this.
It's never leaving my studio.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (83.98 KiB) Viewed 6848 times
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

I got the Funko from the December Loot Crate box and got the DVDs for Christmas !
Attachments
20141223_190027_resized.jpg
20141225_095004_resized.jpg
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Christmas was quite Robin-centric for me this year...
Christmas2014.JPG
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Picked up the Batman - "Dead End" DVD from ebay. Has several fan made films, etc. "Dead End", "Grayson", "Patient J", etc. Am curious what other people thought of these Batman "fan films?"??
I enjoyed the "Dead End" film even though it was rather short. The Dark Knight battling Predator was a rather unique concept...
Attachments
IMG_0528a.jpg
IMG_0528a.jpg (139.27 KiB) Viewed 6703 times
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I thought DEAD END and GRAYSON were great shorts. Does that have the World's Finest clip on it too? Also the young man who played the Joker in Dead End passed away. He was "Chekov's" son from the original Star Trek series, and also play a role on Growing Pains.
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

jjkandlak wrote:Just snatched these ffrom a Craigslist ad, Corgi Batmobile & batboat. Anyone know what year these are from? thanks, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! Jim
Batboat is '66 but Batmobile is '76 I think :?:
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

simm wrote:I just picked up the 2014 Hallmark ornament from the LIFE mag cover for $9 during the after Christmas sale at Hallmark stores.
Lucky you. Every Hallmark in and around Cleveland and Akron has been sold out of the Jaws Shark and Adam West Batman for months - perhaps they are all creating the same scene:
Hallmark Batman and Shark.jpg
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Mr.Freeze wrote:
jjkandlak wrote:Just snatched these ffrom a Craigslist ad, Corgi Batmobile & batboat. Anyone know what year these are from? thanks, Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! Jim
Batboat is '66 but Batmobile is '76 I think :?:
Thank you!
Jim
jjkandlak

Post by jjkandlak »

Szabol wrote:I thought DEAD END and GRAYSON were great shorts. Does that have the World's Finest clip on it too? Also the young man who played the Joker in Dead End passed away. He was "Chekov's" son from the original Star Trek series, and also play a role on Growing Pains.
Yes, "Worlds Finest" is on the Dead End dvd. I believe I liked "Grayson" best of all of the shorts on the DVD. I was pleasantly surprised as some of these fan made films were actually pretty good. Thanks for letting me know about Koenig as the Joker. I met his Dad(Walter) at a Trek Convention in Iowa several years.
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

simm wrote:I just picked up the 2014 Hallmark ornament from the LIFE mag cover for $9 during the after Christmas sale at Hallmark stores.
Did the same and also picked up the Blu-ray DVD box set. This kid is happy!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

I purchased the 66 jigsaw puzzle, but still haven't decided if I'll put it together with the pieces upside down to improve my visual memory. (Holy obscure episode reference!)
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just could not resist it any longer
Front
Front
image.jpg (134.6 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
Rear
Rear
image.jpg (133.61 KiB) Viewed 6456 times
Of course I had to add a few dollars more for free shipping, so I got the Batarang bottle opener.

We'll see what the birthday brings....