The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Lord Death Man

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Lord Death Man »

UkBatfan wrote:It has been said before, but I just don't understand why Toys R Us is refusing people's money. If a buyer is willing to pay for the item(s) to be shipped to the UK what is the problem?
Because of restrictions put on them by the manufacturers (both licensing and distribution). Licensing rights for most toys are produced on a country-by-country basis, and even where licensing is not involved toy companies will sell distribution rights for their products on a country-by-country basis as well. That is why people in America cannot buy toys off Amazon.jp and why people in Japan cannot buy toys from Amazon USA. I am not really familiar with American toys but this is why virtually all Japanese toys are marked "For Sale In Japan Only".

It is never a question of a company refusing your money. It is a question of them being legally unable to accept it and getting hammered with a huge breach of contract lawsuit if they do.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Got this today.
Attachments
20150803_145731-1_resized_1.jpg
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

image.jpg
image.jpg (17.71 KiB) Viewed 5644 times
1/9 scale Bat Signal, Weathered look
image.jpg
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Szabol wrote:
image.jpg
1/9 scale Bat Signal, Weathered look!
Nice!
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Dave from the UK

Post by Dave from the UK »

UkBatfan wrote:If anyone else would be able/willing to sneak a 3 Pack and a "To the Batcave" set or two across the Atlantic for me that would be fantastic!

The prices for these on Ebay and Amazon have gone through the roof. The difficulty some people are having in getting these must bode well in terms of sales?

I cannot really justify paying inflated prices and then huge postage/shipping from the US, so any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

It has been said before, but I just don't understand why Toys R Us is refusing people's money. If a buyer is willing to pay for the item(s) to be shipped to the UK what is the problem?
I'll PM you when my parcel arrives. My pal in Mass' picked up some extra sets for me. It' should work out much cheaper sharing the postage on a bulk lot. Should be 2-3 weeks before they arrive. I have some SDCC Batgirls and Surfing Jokers too. As these have been hard to come across here in the UK.
danbar

Post by danbar »

Some new additions to add to my growing collection. Got all the new Mattel figures. I also love my new little Q-Pop guy! He comes with a dry-erase marker so you can write your own words in the word-bubble behind him. I also had the Batman XL Dorbz figure, but returned him. If he had been smaller, I might have held onto him.
Attachments
bat1b.jpg
bat2b.jpg
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

danbar, nice collection! Thanks for sharing.
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Picked up this Batmobile tin sign at Hobby Lobby. I haven't taken it out of the plastic yet.
Attachments
image.jpg
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

Got my robin figure in the mail finally.
Attachments
$_57.JPG
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Is it just me or does the facial features on this Robin figure look more like Victor than Burt?....
Terry
dell

Post by dell »

I didn't buy this, but I thought some people might be interested. I saw this at the local Hobby Lobby. It is not listed on their website, but I saw it on Amazon. Looks pretty cool if you are into puzzles. It is two sided by the way.

dell
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

I've been gone for a while but I've Been keeping busy with my Batman '66 purchases all the while...
First of all.....
35 Years after I would run home from school to watch it every day on TV

25 Years after I started Collectng television shows on Home Video (star Trek was the first)

and 14 Years after the VHS to DVD transition.........

My Batman Home Video collection is now complete!

Now all during the time Mattel was/is selling the Batman '66 figures and such...I kept up with most of them (only missing out really on the Role-play items (Utility Belt and Cloth Cowl) as well as Bat-Tusie Batman...
There were two other figures also available.
a stand-alone version of Batman and Surf’s Up Batman from the Episode “Surf’s Up Joker’s Under.”
Now i had passed on both of these figures for some time even beyond the release of the Complete series on DVD because both were like one half withut the other
Plain carded batman seemed to be a third wheel without a Robin to stand along side him (the Two pack Robin was attempting the wall climb) and surf Board Batman seemed rather nonsensical without his opponent. (now i had seen pictures of surfboard joker so i knew he was going to be released eventually (hey it took three years for Mattel to release the Justice League Unlimited versions of Guy gardner, Blue Beetle and the JSA) So I was patient and content to be happy with what I had.

Back in January however, i found behind Standalone Batman, Surf’s up Batman, Riddler, Catwoman….
SURF’S UP JOKER!!!
of course that compelled me to buy his opponent Surf's Up Batman as well
here they are together
all my Jokers up to that point
(Gotta love the look on the Heath Ledger Joker...."Seriously?!?")
and that brought my Batman '66 lineup up to date for the time being.
So then in June Batman '66's Batgirl arrived while I was at work and honestly, while i'm happy to have her her color's a little too far over on the Hot pink side
here's Yvonne Craig in costume
here's the prototype figure we saw at the February Toy-fair and other cons in the spring
and here's the actual released figure (I bought the stand-alone figure)
I had hoped that the standalone was just a miscolored early release and the Three-pack version would be more accurately colored (sadly this is not the case.)

Finally, Last week I got the Mattel Batman To the Batcave set
as a matter of variety i swapped out the Batman head in favor of the bruce Wayne head
I want to look into getting a 6" scale oak desk for the Batphone and Shakespeare Bust
since the set comes with four cans of Shark-repellant batspray I gave one to Surfer Batman
(Personally I was let down that all four cans were labeled repellant as i felt he should have Bat-sleep, Bat-Wake, and Bat-Nesia Gas as well
of course i gave the handheld items all to Batman
in retrospect I feel i should have Given Robin the Batzooka I mean, why should Batman have all the toys? (so to speak!)
Eventually, out of completist's sake I'll get around to getting the standalone Batman, Bat-Tusie Batman and maybe even the 3-pack (seriously doubting I'll bother with the cowl or utility belt unless I win the lottery!)
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

You need this variant to be a completist
image.jpg
image.jpg (62.51 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (78.04 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

I looked for it today but my local TRU only had the Batcave, Batmobile, three pack, and a few single cards I will be keeping an eye out for it though Thanks for the reminder (Though I really wish they'd do a Mad Hatter figure to go with it!)
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

Golddragon71 wrote:I looked for it today but my local TRU only had the Batcave, Batmobile, three pack, and a few single cards I will be keeping an eye out for it though Thanks for the reminder (Though I really wish they'd do a Mad Hatter figure to go with it!)
Mr. Szabol is just 'messing with you' ;) ...that is a fan custom-made figure.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!