The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
The Batker

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by The Batker »

The newest Batman item I have acquired is a batman sorta 1960's Batman wrestling mask. It's pretty good quality and comfortable to wear.

Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Where on Earth did You find that? That's wild!!!!!!!
Larry
The Batker

Post by The Batker »

Larry A. wrote:Where on Earth did You find that? That's wild!!!!!!!

Romeros mask shop on Etsy, I wore it for hours yesterday and never broke a sweat.
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Batker,

I know this doesn't relate to the merchandise, but is that actually your tattoo in your avatar. It really captures the look of the old Jerry Robinson cover.

My mother came across these while shopping and bought the Batman related ones for me. I don't have the Flash/Captain Cold or Arrow/Deathstroke ones pictured. On the 1966 ones, I wonder why they put Batman with Catwoman and Robin with the Joker and on the comics sets put Batman with Superman and Robin with the Riddler. Also, Wonder Woman and Harley seemed to be a pretty strange match, although WW was in the first issue of Harley's Black Book. Sorry that the Joker/Penguin one is as big as the rest, but I couldn't find a "lot" picture containing it.
s-l1600.jpg
Attachments
s-l1600b.jpg
BatTime

Post by BatTime »

Gothos,

Are these pins? About what size are they?
"I don't know who he is beneath that mask of his, but I know when we need him, and we need him now!"
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

HI BatTime,

They are indeed pins. My mom found mine at Wal-Mart. I saw them on Amazon as singles, if you didn't want to get the set, but they are more expensive there. They are about 1 1/2 inch diameter.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hik to Gothos,
Might I please impose on You for the link for Romero's site please. Without giving the price, was it more "ouch" or "Boinnnng!!!!!!"?

Thanks.
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Larry A. wrote:Hik to Gothos,
Might I please impose on You for the link for Romero's site please. Without giving the price, was it more "ouch" or "Boinnnng!!!!!!"?

Thanks.
Here you go Larry: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/2883265 ... _active_20
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks, Ben. I owe You One ;) . BTW, Ben, did You hear the silly comments made by Commons to "Black
Rod" after He knocked on the door of Commons upon the opening of Parliament? I couldn't hear it clearly ( Blame C-Spann) P.M. me if You would about it when You get a chance, please?

Thanks,
Larry
irishmiss

Post by irishmiss »

I just recently bought a Bruce Wayne's 6 inch desk and an 8 inch King Tut's throne and 2 scepters. If you check out Facebook under my name you might be able to see them. I sent Scott a picture of them also - He gave me a thumbs up !!!

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Hi Kathy,

Wish I could see. I'm one of those people who doesn't do Facebook. I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy. This board is about as far as I go. Oh well, nice to see you're still around.
Music. BAT! Music.
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

John Mack wrote:Hi Kathy,

Wish I could see. I'm one of those people who doesn't do Facebook. I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy. This board is about as far as I go. Oh well, nice to see you're still around.
Don't feel so bad. Not a F.B. user here either.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Thanks. I just feel like I'm missing so much. The Batboard has so many members there. My wife has been on FB forever and loves it.
Music. BAT! Music.
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

Honestly, you probably are missing a lot. Several blogs I used to love following have faded away as the owners switched to just posting on FB, and there are many businesses who use it in lieu of a "proper" website (no wonder; it's tons easier, and costs them zip). Sometimes it seems like if you aren't on Facebook, you can't really exist.

That said, it's not for everyone. I gave it up two years ago and my life's been much the better for it. Information may take longer to get to me now, and some of it I may never get, but it's a small price to pay to get back my time, my privacy and a generally improved attitude. And technically, the account is only "dormant," not dead, so if I ever feel a burning need to know where my "friends" (75% of whom I've never met) stand on politics, what their dinner looked like, what they need for their virtual farm or what they think is a funny cat video, I can always turn it back on.

Not likely, though.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
maniac cop 5

Post by maniac cop 5 »

SprangFan I echo your sentiments 100%.
Your last paragraph has been repeated by me numerous times in response to people asking if I'm on Facebook.
Gave mine up 5 years ago and never regretted it.
We ARE the minority though.