The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Bat-Brony92

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

gothosmansion wrote:
Bat-Brony92 wrote:Got Batman: The Killing Joke today at Books a Million :)
If you love Batgirl, and you look like you do from your sig and avatar, it will break your heart.
Don't worry I was prepared for the feels! (There's an audio read of the killing joke on youtube I had listened to before so I knew what I was in store for)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

If You listened to the audio read, Brony, You've got a LOT more guts than I do. If I had listened to an audio book of it, I'd have NEVER read the comic. Personally, I cheered out loud the 1st time I read the sequence where Batman FINALLY got to off the Joker in TDKR!!!!!!!!! Bats has a lot more interesting villains than just the Joker, IMHO. Other than Cesar Romeo's version. His was one I'd love to see redone in a movie, Jack Nicolson came the closest to C.R. IMHO.

Cheers,
Larry
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Larry A. wrote:If You listened to the audio read, Brony, You've got a LOT more guts than I do. If I had listened to an audio book of it, I'd have NEVER read the comic.
Here's the link to the audio version if your interested :) > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-45IWH2cxs
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

This is only vaguely related to "Batman '66", but to this avid TV Robin fan, the comic issues of "New Teen Titans", in which Robin discards his old costume and is unveiled as Nightwing, were amazing! (I had only just made my own Robin costume, with the help of my Mum, and the very first time I wore the outfit to a SF Media convention, someone quipped, "Too bad he's no longer Robin", sending me on a search for answers!)

Look what's coming from Figures Toy Company! (Just pre-ordered mine.)
New Teen Titans 8 inch action figures by Ian McLean, on Flickr

BTW, I saw the three new FTC "Harry Potter" 8" figures at retail locally. I assumed Draco Malfoy would be a useful figure for customizing into a new "Batman '66" villain, but his head is HUGE! Very disappointing. He does have a nice black suit and shiny shoes, though.
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Larry A. wrote:If You listened to the audio read, Brony, You've got a LOT more guts than I do. If I had listened to an audio book of it, I'd have NEVER read the comic. Personally, I cheered out loud the 1st time I read the sequence where Batman FINALLY got to off the Joker in TDKR!!!!!!!!! Bats has a lot more interesting villains than just the Joker, IMHO. Other than Cesar Romeo's version. His was one I'd love to see redone in a movie, Jack Nicolson came the closest to C.R. IMHO.

Cheers,
You need to re-read TDKR, The Joker finished himself off.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Yup, the Joker did himself in because he knew Batman would never do it and he knew that it would look like Batman did it. Catch 22.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

By Golly, T-Bolt, You're right!!!!!! I guess that shows just how long it's been since I read it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: I'll have to dig up my copy and reread the story. Thanks for the correction :D .

Cheers,
Larry
tenderheart bear

Post by tenderheart bear »

It's worth watching the recent animated movie version of The Dark Knight Returns.

The whole funhouse sequence is very dark, complete with shootings, stabbings hostage-taking and yes, the sound of the Joker breaking his own neck.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

ADMIN NOTICE - Folks, we are straying WAAAAAYYYYY off topic from the original thread and the forum. Any further Dark Knight Returns or Killing Joke type of discussions needs to migrate over to the Off Topic section. We're past even talking about them as merch even if they are not 60s related.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Scott's got a point. Folks. Sorry about that Scott!. Superman vs Batman discussions need to go over there as well, folks......just realized that.

Cheers,
Larry
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

Sorry my bad :(
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Don't feel bad Brony, I knew better and I got caught up in it as well. I think, IMHO, if there is ANY question about a subject, might I suggest we start out in "Off-Topic" and let the Moderators move it else where if they want......just a suggestion!

Cheers,
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

After trying to find out a little more about some pin badges released around the time of the show, my buddy Andy Fish kindly tracked me down a repro and popped it in the mail to me along me with another pin and a cool post card! Thanks buddy!
IMG_2974.jpg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

That's a nice pin, but an AWESOME postcard, Ben!!!!! That is a picture of Adam at his best!

Cheers,
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Glad it arrived Ben! I had my doubts trying to explain the address to the postman.