The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Larry A.

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Larry A. »

I personally don't care much for the "new" costume design, the rest of the ones I have seen are.....intriguing!
Larry
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Larry A. wrote:I personally don't care much for the "new" costume design, the rest of the ones I have seen are.....intriguing!
Truth to be told, I don't either. I really hate the lace-up boots. Still, I have some block that I have to get Batgirl figures unless she is some obscene amount of money. I even bought the mego replica, which is one of the ugliest figures I have since she has a head like the old Spider-Man villain "Mindworm" and the DC Super Hero Girls figure where she has on the hoodie instead of a cowl.

I haven't paid over $40 for one of Batgirl, yet. The Rock Candy figures were pretty cheap and that one of her in her classic outfit is cute as a button.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Amen to that, as is Supergirl!
Larry
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Larry A. wrote:Amen to that, as is Supergirl!
If you haven't seen them in person, I think they look even better than they do in the photos. I don't live near a comics shop, so I have to order online and go by the photos. That is one of the reasons I'm so cheap; I guess. I would hate to pay $100 for something and have it get here and look bad.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

No "cheap", my Friend, You are simply "Thrifty", like I am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Cheers
Larry
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Went back to a different World Market last week and picked up the Robin. It's on my desk at work, posed. I'll get a picture Monday.

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

You are lucky as there is no "World Market" in SW Ohio......not that I've found.

Cheers, You Lucky son of a Gun
Larry
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Larry A. wrote:You are lucky as there is no "World Market" in SW Ohio......not that I've found.
Cheers, You Lucky son of a Gun
They have all of them on their site. Same price as in-store. $7.

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/pose ... +figure.do

“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Here it is as I'm using it. Robin is under the monitor, steadying himself, keeping my beard balm from sliding off.

Close-up, penny for scale.

hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

Go to a Five Below store if you have them in your area...the bendees are there and, as the name of the store implies, only $5.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Folks, I've got A.W.'s Bats in that series, but Half Price Books in the Dayton + Columbus Ohio area do not carry the T.V. version of the characters anymore, but We DO have Five Below here in the area, so I'll try those the 1st of the month ( my next paycheck). Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Larry
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Or if you don't feel like running around, buy them directly from the manufacturer, NJ Croce. You'll notice they have the elusive Batgirl and Riddler bendys that never seem to hit retail shelves much.
http://njcroce.com/figures/
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

And the Croce people are nice too.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Once I check the 5 Belows in my area, I'll direct contact the Croce Folks direct as, Bat Girl is one, besides Robin, I DEFINITELY wish to get!!!! Thanks to You both ;) ,

Cheers,
Larry
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

At the Five Belows near me in Michigan, the one in Novi and in Brighton, they had Robin, Batgirl, Batman and the Riddler. They also had the bendees based on the designs from the New Frontier comic book. Batman and Wonder Woman, if I remember correctly.