The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Yellow Oval

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Yellow Oval »

Keith Mayo wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:51 am Today's mail call - Reminisce Extra - Sep 2016.
Keith, I love the display rack for the magazines. It reminds me of the fast disappearance of another beloved item from another era - the magazine/newspaper store.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

gothosmansion wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 am Keith,

I got that Tales of the Dark Knight book back in 89 and it is a good read for the most part. It was the first time I ever saw the cover to Batman 227, even though I had read the story in Batman's Strangest Cases. As you can probably tell, I really love that cover and story. My only complaint with the book at the time was that one of the color cover sections was entirely devoted to the 1980s, when the book was published. I already had all the comics featured there. Only three covers from the 1970s were in the color section....and none by Jim Aparo or Marshall Rogers.
Gothos,

I, too, bought the book in 1989 - The Year of the Bat. I enjoyed it then and still enjoy rereading it, but yes, I agree they could have included some more iconic covers. For the record, among the oh-so-many great Batman issue covers over the years, my all-time favorite cover is Detective #446. Always found it representative of the ultimate creepy, foreboding, film-noir atmosphere of Batman\s world.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/191307421 ... -l1000.jpg
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Yellow Oval wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:29 am
Gothos,

I, too, bought the book in 1989 - The Year of the Bat. I enjoyed it then and still enjoy rereading it, but yes, I agree they could have included some more iconic covers. For the record, among the oh-so-many great Batman issue covers over the years, my all-time favorite cover is Detective #446. Always found it representative of the ultimate creepy, foreboding, film-noir atmosphere of Batman\s world.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/191307421 ... -l1000.jpg
That is a good one, Yellow Oval. Detective 474 is probably my favorite Detective cover, and its absence was one I missed.

https://cdn.nexternal.com/dreamland/ima ... 74_VF+.jpg

I picked up these issues yesterday.
Attachments
d40b9792ae338eb92f3de7dd37318976.jpg
detective-comics-328-vg-batman-robin-death-of-alfred0.jpg
world's finest 148-00.jpg
worldsfinest-150-00-fc.jpg
page_001.jpg
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Batman!
There's my Batman! Thanks for sharing!
Music. BAT! Music.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Surprised this didn't make the "favorite" list in this group.
Attachments
#183.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Yellow Oval wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:22 am
Keith Mayo wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:51 am Today's mail call - Reminisce Extra - Sep 2016.
Keith, I love the display rack for the magazines. It reminds me of the fast disappearance of another beloved item from another era - the magazine/newspaper store.
Thanks. Had to get another to hold all my books/magazines. An old friend (80 years old) crafted the big one. I just helped him.
Attachments
40586973_2422898184403526_119921323764875264_n.jpg
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

That's a very nice and organized display, Keith.

As for the 60s covers in the 1989 book....there were several 60s covers in the section, including one of my all-time favorites (one of the few 1960s comics I owned at the time) Batman 194. I was just disappointed with how the 70s were ignored...and the 80s got a whole section. Back then, it was hard to see old Batman comics cover and I wanted to see some I hadn't encountered. I already had all of the 1980s covers in the book.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Picked up these Hot Wheels in Walmart today. 1:64 scale.

Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Blue Classic Batmobile found at Target

Also bought a blue 1989 Batmobile, but can’t find a pic of of it to post.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Keith Mayo wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:15 pm ... and the Mattel Penguin to the TV display.
I went hunting for an extra 6” #Mattel Robin figure on eBay (my other one is the wall-walking Robin with wires in his cape) - and found a great bargain that happened to come in a pair with a loose Riddler. Since I already had a Frank Gorshin Riddler on my shelves, I decided to transform the spare one into... a customized John Astin!

Custom Mattel Riddler by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

You customs are amazing, Ian.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Keith Mayo wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:05 pm You customs are amazing, Ian.
Agreed. The amount of creativity on this Board is astounding. Some of the things y’all come up with is simply amazing and I wish I could be half as creative.

Good job all.
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Blue Meanie wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:22 pm Blue Classic Batmobile found at Target

Also bought a blue 1989 Batmobile, but can’t find a pic of of it to post.
Well, I found a picture of the 1989 blue Batmobile that I found at Target. Apparently, this model is a Treasure Hunt piece with low production numbers.

From Hot Wheels website:

Batmobile

FKB24 is a 2018 Treasure Hunt and 4/5 in the Batman series. It is blue with the low production symbol on the roof. The car has blue tinted windows, gray 5-spoke wheels, and a black metal Malaysia base.

This vehicle can be found in mix “P” of 2018 Hot Wheels mainline cases.

The Batmobile made its debut in the 2004 First Editions series. It is based upon the vehicle used in the 1989 Batman film. Other Batmobiles have previously been T-Hunts in 2017 and 2016.

Here’s another HW Treasure Hunt Batmobile from 2016. I have one of these too, but never knew it was a harder to find model. I usually buy two, one to open and one to keep sealed. As this one had low production #’s, I guess that’s why I only have the one still on the card.

Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

I swore I wasn't gonna do it but ended up snagging this set just now. I think I may need to look into a 12 step program.
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Keith Mayo wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:13 pm I swore I wasn't gonna do it but ended up snagging this set just now. I think I may need to look into a 12 step program.
I wasn't going to buy that either then when I saw it in person at SDCC it took about 1.2 seconds to change my mind. It is so cool looking. I am so glad I got one.