The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
Larry A.

Re: The Latest Batman Item You've Acquired?

Post by Larry A. »

HOT-DIGGITY-DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know the cost via p.m. and save a copy for me, please??????????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:21 am A hardcover version which has an extra 120+ pages is in production, it includes new photos, additional text and the first two chapters of the original screenplay. We needed a higher page count to justify the hard cover. The pamphlet version will still be available, but this deluxe edition will be for hard core fans of the '43 serial.
I want it too! I will keep my eyes open but post when its ready please.

I've started designing the laser gun from the show already to make a prop version and this is the motivation I need.
gun.jpg
gun.jpg (20.38 KiB) Viewed 3276 times
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

rsaffle wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:23 pm
AndyFish wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:21 am A hardcover version which has an extra 120+ pages is in production, it includes new photos, additional text and the first two chapters of the original screenplay. We needed a higher page count to justify the hard cover. The pamphlet version will still be available, but this deluxe edition will be for hard core fans of the '43 serial.
I want it too! I will keep my eyes open but post when its ready please.

I've started designing the laser gun from the show already to make a prop version and this is the motivation I need.

gun.jpg
Rsaffle, I've wanted one of the "Radium Guns" since I first saw the serial as "An Evening with Batman and Robin". Please keep us informed as to how it is going. Cheers!
Larry
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

Larry A. wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:34 pm Jimmy, don't worry about the fact that it is a repro. I've got 2; one for as it is, and one to modify into the 1939 comic Bat Man with elongated ears and cape. The "bagged" version are cheaper. It makes it more cost effective to modify them as needed.
Hey Larry, thanks! I just happened to see the figure bagged on Amazon for about 20 bucks. I’m still kind of a kid and don’t care about it being non original. Heck, I thought about building one or two out of parts from eBay! I had quite a few Megos as a kid. For the life of me, I don’t remember what happened to all of them.

It seems Batman, Robin, and the Batmobile are loosely tied to the TV show. Obviously the Batmobile is. The figures came out in 1972 after the TV show and the Filmation cartoon but before the Super Friends. Eventually, I gotta get Robin and that Batmobile. Those 3 items would be a nice companion to my blu ray set which I’ve been rewatching lately.

Funny, how simple nostalgic toys from youth can still be so much fun!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

JimmyVale, You're most welcome. If You wish to upgrade Your figures in terms of gloves, etc., I can P.M. You with a site that has accurate gloves and such for the figures. Btw, nice Bat Cave You have! Where did You get it or did You make it?

Cheers!
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

svl wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:54 pm Pic of my Christmas gifts from the wife & kids, the Sideshow Batman and Catwoman 1/4 statues. Can't believe I didn't order these when they came out, so thankful for my wonderful fam.
Looks great Scott! The BESTA line is a really cool option.
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:56 pm JimmyVale, You're most welcome. If You wish to upgrade Your figures in terms of gloves, etc., I can P.M. You with a site that has accurate gloves and such for the figures. Btw, nice Bat Cave You have! Where did You get it or did You make it?

Cheers!
Hey Larry,

My sincerest apologies - I just threw that Batmobile and batcave pic up there for reference. It’s a pic from The Mego museum site, http://www.megomuseum.com/galleries/batmobile/, sorry for causing confusion, boss.

As a matter of fact, my bagged repro Mego Batman hasn't even been delivered yet! He’s on his way this week.

It’s great that guys are making 100% accurate Batmobiles and figures. For me, the Megos have a special place in the Batman TV world because they’re sort of “period correct”….sort of. And, aside from Captain Action, they were the 1st Batman action figures available.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

That's no problem, JimmyVale. I agree with You completely. When the Star Trek figures 1st came out, I was in my early 20s and I "knew better", but they, also, were the 1st of any decent Trek items out. I also loved the Batman Mego figures and was quite disappointed in the "Supergirl" figure. I still am, btw.

Don't be surprised if they stick an extra chest emblem in Yours as they did mine. Always happy to have that little extra. I just wish that F.T.C. would reissue the TV Batgirl. This time I would order 2 of them: one AS Batgirl and one to put the Yvonne Craig head on. Oh, well...ce' la vie. Cheers, Jimmy, old Chum!
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:07 pm This time I would order 2 of them: one AS Batgirl and one to put the Yvonne Craig head on.
FTC did actually do a limited edition Unmasked Batgirl.
https://www.figurestoycompany.com/batma ... ant-2.aspx
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I know, but it was through Emerald City Comics as a limited-edition figure, and I missed out on it because of the cost. It had a terrific backing card. And now their standard 66 Batgirl is no longer available from FTC. Darn, missed again!
Larry
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Larry A. wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:35 pm I know, but it was through Emarald City Comics as a limited-edition figure and I missed out on it because of the cost. It had a terrific backing card. And now their standard 66 Batgirl is no longer available from FTC. Darn, missed again!
A Barbara is still available loose:
https://www.figurestoycompany.com/super ... 1-1-1.aspx

And doesn't sister site, ClassicTVToys.Com, still sell loose costumes?
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hey Ian. How was Luna Park this year? Yes, Barbara Is still available and I hope to pick "Her" up next month. As far as Her outfit, I'm not sure if CTVT.com has it currently. That's ok though as I can sew one up. I'd REALLY love to get a copy of that backing card, though! Cheers!
Larry
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

In the process of decorating my new home office now i'm living here in California and today I finally got around to making and framing some art prints of the Bat-Prop photos I shot using some incredible 3D printed props that our talented pal RSaffle kindly sent me.
Bat-Prints-Jan_2022-Web_Res-0090.jpg
You can see more props and photos from the shoot I did last year during lockdown in the original thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7768
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Randy has the coolest toys!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Lou Szabo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:04 pm Randy has the coolest toys!
True story!